membership fee and misleading information

Post here if you have any problems with any aspect of your Delsol.

Moderators: kenco, SiR_chris, Glovermx, lxstuart, sol'd out, delsolchippy, Del sol 1997, Paulm, solman

membership fee and misleading information

Postby goldgolf » Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:53 pm

Hi, I am goldgolf because that's what I drove before I became a very happy Del Sol owner. I put a post up critical of the membership payment system which was incorrect on my part. It took less than an hour for my membership to be acknowledged. I had not seen it because it went into my junk mail, something I perhaps should have thought of. So anyone else in a future similar situation take heed. I was expecting to see somewhere during the paypal process where I could add my user name to indicate that I was paying for membership, rather than just a cotribution, when that did not happen I panicked and felt that I had missed out on membership. That is what led to my expression of upset. I am now a happy and grateful paid up member, and very sorry for the things that I said. I have apologised to Solman and send my apologies to anyone else I may have offended.
Last edited by goldgolf on Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
goldgolf
Progress to next rank:
48.5%

16 years of membership16 years of membership16 years of membership16 years of membership16 years of membership16 years of membership16 years of membership16 years of membership16 years of membership16 years of membership16 years of membership16 years of membership16 years of membership16 years of membership16 years of membership16 years of membership

Drives: J reg 1992 Milano red Jap import ( D1587 Vxi )

Re: membership fee and misleading information

Postby gwhoo4t » Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:53 pm

'Robbed' sounds a bit harsh. You've presumably signed up like the rest of us because we like Del Sol's and want to keep the remaining numbers of these little gems running and on the road, rather than watch them become extinct. I paid up coz I appreciate what goes into running a website and wanted to contribute towards the running costs of what is, in my opinion at least, an invaluable resource for like minded folks..

VTI is a UK spec. Has the B16 DOHC engine.

D15 is a SOHC jap import engine. If it's a D15b, you've most likely got a VXi (or possibly a VGi).

Gaz
gwhoo4t
Regular
Regular
Progress to next rank:
54.8%

13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership

Drives: '92 Black VXi TT Auto

Postby goldgolf » Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:32 pm

Thanks Gaz you are quite right. I apologise.

Tony.
Last edited by goldgolf on Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
goldgolf
Progress to next rank:
48.5%

16 years of membership16 years of membership16 years of membership16 years of membership16 years of membership16 years of membership16 years of membership16 years of membership16 years of membership16 years of membership16 years of membership16 years of membership16 years of membership16 years of membership16 years of membership16 years of membership

Postby solman » Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:34 am

Hi Tony, upgrading a forum user account to full membership is a manual process, meaning someone who doesn't get paid or receive ANY benefits from DSUK has to spend their own time to process this, admittedly it's not as slick as it might be but that's where we are, you paid the membership yesterday at 1420 and I thank you for that and the extra is really is appreciated as hosting and insurance is where this mainly goes, your account was upgraded yesterday at 1530 (thats probably some sort of record for us!). I haven't seen any emails from you and I'm not sure what you were expecting? Fanfare or maybe something magical, I am looking at adding membership numbers and avatars for people who join but that's a work in progress so keep an eye out for that.

You should see extra forums and a PM stating that you'd been added to the official members group. If you still feel "robbed" I'm happy to refund

I've also updated the membership post in official forum information stating that account upgrades are manual and not magic.

Official Membership Link
Did you know DSUK are on:

Image Image Image Image

solman
DelSolUK Site Admin
DelSolUK Site Admin

18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership

Drives: Crystal Black FK8

Postby goldgolf » Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:32 pm

Hi Solman,

I am very sorry. I am use to dealing with ebay and instant results. Your quick response came into my junk mail box and I did not see it. I had been thrown off guard by none apprearance of the facility to add my user name, and thought I had missed out on membership somehow. I did try to send a message to you and it didn't work for me. I appreciate very much what you and the rest of the admin team do for us guys on a voluntary and unpaid basis. I will delete or alter my disparaging post. If you are ever in Manchester let me know and I will buy you a drink. My apologies again and big thanks. Cheers. Tony.
goldgolf
Progress to next rank:
48.5%

Postby solman » Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:04 pm

No worries Tony and I can see how it's confusing, phpbb wasn't designed to make cash and it's open source, were really lucky to have a couple IT boffins that have made this work as well as it does. I'll lock this thread now. If you have anything immediate Facebook is probably the best place to grab us!
Did you know DSUK are on:

Image Image Image Image

solman
DelSolUK Site Admin
DelSolUK Site Admin

18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership

Drives: Crystal Black FK8

Return to Maintenance / Problems / Servicing