Transtop slider issue (video)

Post here if you have any problems with any aspect of your Delsol.

Moderators: kenco, SiR_chris, Glovermx, lxstuart, sol'd out, delsolchippy, Del sol 1997, Paulm, solman

Transtop slider issue (video)

Postby Fleabum » Sat Jul 09, 2022 6:51 pm

Howdee all,

I have a JDM 94 SiR Transtop with a little bit of a poorly Transtop.

Hopefully there's some Transtop expert here who can throw some light on this issue.

Video here, as I know it helps so much more to see a problem occurring in real time.
Transtop slider issue video

It seems the slider has an issue, it starts to come out, then stops, if you let go of the button and press again, it moves about another inch then stops again. You can get it fully out and back by pressing the button maybe 20 times.

The diagnosis LEDs seem to be 2 blinks, which I believe equates to Slide switch, motor, or mechanics of the slider. My gut instinct is some issue with the slider switches.

I have tried pulling the AUX fuse and resetting, no joy.
Power windows all locked out as they should be while roof operation in process.

Thanks guys
Regards
Flea
Fleabum
Progress to next rank:
3%

13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership

1994 Honda CRX Del Sol SiR (JDM)

Re: Transtop slider issue (video)

Postby norriedragon » Sat Aug 13, 2022 1:02 pm

Hi Flea,
Did you get any resolution to this? Mine has started do do exactly this over the last few days.
Cheers,
Norrie
norriedragon
Progress to next rank:
0%

4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership

Postby solman » Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:50 am

Take a picture from underneath the plastic cover you've removed, in my experience this happens because the worm rods are supposed to be inside plastic guides, like most plastics these degrade over long periods and lack of maintenance can cause jams which rupture the plastics sending the rods all over the place, they tangle up in a big mess and jam the slider mech up.
Did you know DSUK are on:

Image Image Image Image

solman
DelSolUK Site Admin
DelSolUK Site Admin

18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership

Drives: Crystal Black FK8

Postby Fleabum » Sat Aug 20, 2022 1:54 pm

Hi,

No my Del Sol TT is still poorly.

I don't know what part you mean, these are some pics I took when I did the video.

Regards
Flea
Fleabum
Progress to next rank:
3%

13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership

Postby solman » Wed Aug 24, 2022 9:14 am

Inspect all the plastic guides, you'll have to move the slider as you won't see the important bits while its retracted, especially towards the back by the latch, if they look ok its probably worth taking the boot lid off (easy enough, 4 bolts at the back and 2 either side inside the boot at the front)Don't send the boot down though as you won't have a latch and this will cause problems. Sometimes a lot of gunk, rust etc can get trapped on the top side of the mech and worm rods. If your feeling brave remove the slider mech and regrease but without experience this can be a pain to realign. You can also clean and regrease the rods when the slider is fully out, having the slider extended gives access to the worm rods but they don't look so bad to me.

E4KFxMo.jpg
Slider
Did you know DSUK are on:

Image Image Image Image

solman
DelSolUK Site Admin
DelSolUK Site Admin

18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership

Drives: Crystal Black FK8

Postby Fleabum » Tue Sep 06, 2022 3:06 pm

Thanks for the reply, you have given me a few things to check when time and weather allows!

Removing the boot lid sounds a good option as it is a little bit of a pain working under it, as my back will attest too from last time. :D

I will get back once I have had a good look round.

Regards
Flea
Fleabum
Progress to next rank:
3%

Return to Maintenance / Problems / Servicing