What is it?

Official news and information regarding DelSol UK.

Moderators: kenco, SiR_chris, Glovermx, lxstuart, sol'd out, delsolchippy, Del sol 1997, Paulm, solman

What is it?

Postby John E Kay » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:21 pm

I have a CRX VTi first registered in August 1992, colour is R-81 Red with black interior. The engine is a B16A2. No modifications, it is as delivered. It is a UK car as it has the rear panel with the single fog lamp on the right. All the documentation I have refers to the vehicle as CRX no mention of Del Sol? The press pack that came with it has no mention either? Can someone explain please?
John E Kay
Progress to next rank:
5.1%

3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership

1992 Honda CR-X

Re: What is it?

Postby solman » Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:27 pm

Del Sol = JDM Import, CRX= UKDM.
Did you know DSUK are on:

Image Image Image Image

solman
DelSolUK Site Admin
DelSolUK Site Admin

18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership

Drives: Crystal Black FK8

Postby John E Kay » Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:18 pm

Solman, thanks for the reply, so I presume that it was built in Japan for the UK? The people I bought it from did say that they ordered it new from Hill & Amos in Harrogate. Will it have any other features specific to the UK?
Regards
John
John E Kay
Progress to next rank:
5.1%

1992 Honda CR-X

Postby solman » Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:22 am

UK VTi models of 1992 didn't have colour coded mirrors and door handles, mostly had diamond cut alloys that are prone to bad corrosion, in my experience a totally pointless heated rear screen, more sound deadening in the cabin and slightly less HP than the JDM SiR. Stuff like an alarm, central locking, electric aerial and air con were all extras, some were thrown in.
Did you know DSUK are on:

Image Image Image Image

solman
DelSolUK Site Admin
DelSolUK Site Admin

18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership

Drives: Crystal Black FK8

Postby John E Kay » Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:05 pm

solman, thanks for the reply. Everything is just as you say. The wheels are a little corroded but seem to be well made of quite good alloy. I always wondered why it had no air con and a manual antenna. I have got the engine running OK and I replaced the clutch hydraulics, so it now moves. Insured for £180.00 with limited mileage. Next move is MOT then taxing. I think the front disks and calipers should be replaced as they are very rusty. Do you know if the bolt on armrest covers are still available?
John E Kay
Progress to next rank:
5.1%

1992 Honda CR-X

Return to DelSolUK Official Forum Information