Fuel tank strap fix

Post here if you have any problems with any aspect of your Delsol.

Moderators: kenco, SiR_chris, Glovermx, lxstuart, sol'd out, delsolchippy, Del sol 1997, Paulm, solman

Fuel tank strap fix

Postby Lofty » Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:48 pm

Hi all, newbie here. I have a blue Jap import 1.5 and my son has a white UK ESi.
This tale concerns my son's car. His partner was driving it the other day when the fuel tank straps snapped and all of a sudden the tank is dragging on the road. New straps seem to be unobtainable so the only answer was to fix the old ones. I used metal strapping that they use to strap stuff to pallets. I could only get 31mm whereas the tank straps are 25mm so had to cut it along the length but my tin snips did the job. Then cut the mountings off the old straps and get the welder out. The old adjuster bolts were rusted solid so cut them off and bought some carriage bolts off ebay. Job done. Piccies attached on google drive.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1EXTVF ... JplU5Evksj
Lofty
Progress to next rank:
0%

4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership

Re: Fuel tank strap fix

Postby solman » Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:33 am

Wowsers, looks like a good job! These are a right pain, especially as our cars get older.
Did you know DSUK are on:

Image Image Image Image

solman
DelSolUK Site Admin
DelSolUK Site Admin

18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership

Drives: Crystal Black FK8

Return to Maintenance / Problems / Servicing