Del sol vxi build JDM Yo!

Doing lotsa work, or just replacing your bumper, tell us and show us here...

Moderators: kenco, SiR_chris, Glovermx, lxstuart, sol'd out, delsolchippy, Del sol 1997, Paulm, solman

Del sol vxi build JDM Yo!

Postby Acejay09 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:07 pm

Hi everyone.

Ive never done a build thread so it may not be great. Forgive me :-) im going to try and keep this as short as i can.

So Firstly i brought this car in april/may 2016. It was a horrible mess! But my intention was to clean it up and fit a b18c4 with possibly a turbo. That soon changed when i ran out of money because i got carried away with the exterior :-p
So heres a pic of when i brought it:

Next the interior got stripped to check for rust. First place i looked was the rear quarter panels. These were perfect! I thought jackpot! I was wrong :-( had massive holes in the floor behind the seats. In the arches, all around the roof and above the window. This broke my spirit and thought about getting rid but decided to carry on with the help of my farther in law.

Once that was all sorted i thought i shall do the suspension and buy loads of parts to cheer myself up! So i brought a set of coilovers, lower control arms was a must because the jdm ones are different. A got a sway bar which i didnt realise at the time was from a type r which is 22mm. I believe a stock SIR is 15mm. Still wanting to use it i did a bit of research and read that you had to put a brace on otherwise the roll bar could rip the subframe off! Needless to say i put one on ;-)

I put on some skirts and a bumper to match, oh and a wing but im not sure if i like it haha.

Then i didnt think the back looked right and didnt really want to buy a bumper. So i modified it the best i could!
I also stuck on some arch extensions which actually look good.

I began to sand and fill the body work, concentrating on the rear arches and bumper to begin with. Once i was happy with that i started to prime. I know the bumper didnt turn out great :-(

Now i had a little accident involving a round about... major oversteer was involved, probably due to that massive roll bar haha! Anyway i destroyed my bumper!

I decided to fix it and at the same time make it unique ;-)

I think it turned out pretty good!
Heres the whole car primed and ready to be sprayed!

A week later when we had a nice warm day we got the gazebo out and started to spray!

here it is the day after. The paint Looking flat

After hours and hours of cutting back and waxing here she is today!!

Number plate came with the car. My name is not LEE haha.

I think i drove it for like a week before the MOT ran out. It needed alot of mechanical work done to it which im currently in the process of. Rebuilding the engine as we speak.

Once this is done i will certainly post more! I will be looking at other peoples build for inspiration!

Thanks for reading :-)
Acejay09
Progress to next rank:
6.1%

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership

Re: Del sol vxi build JDM Yo!

Postby delsolchippy » Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:30 pm

I like it mate, a million miles away from what it was when you got it! Keep up the good work.
delsolchippy
Regular
Regular
Progress to next rank:
0.5%

8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership

1994 Honda Delsol

Postby Donhumbostoni » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:07 pm

Not my cup of tea but the work you've done is great! I haven't worked up the courage to sort my body work out yet so good on you.
Give me a piece of wood and ill make you something beautiful! put a spanner in my hand and ill
get mad and start breaking things
Donhumbostoni
Chatty
Chatty
Progress to next rank:
25.4%

13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership

Drives: 1993, mix and match of del sols. Grand prix white

Postby johnrnugent » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:33 pm

I love that front bumper and colour as I said on Facebook .... Look forward to seeing this in the flesh at a meet :D :D
johnrnugent
DSUK Jester
DSUK Jester

14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership

Drives: Honda Jazz Sport. RED VTi TT

Postby solman » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:37 pm

You're doing well to turn this around, sterling work as most would have just crushed it from where you started!
Did you know DSUK are on:

Image Image Image Image

solman
DelSolUK Site Admin
DelSolUK Site Admin

18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership

Drives: Crystal Black FK8

Postby Acejay09 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:56 am

Thank you all very much! I did initially think that i had ruined it because i do like a standard but clean looking del sol. This has been as some would say 'riced' haha but i would like to think its been done properly and nothing looks out of place. The good thing is its all bolt on and can be reversed if i decided it was too much :-P
Acejay09
Progress to next rank:
6.1%

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership

Postby iaNN3 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:50 pm

unique ! nice
iaNN3
Progress to next rank:
2%

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership

Postby delsolchippy » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:02 pm

What ever happened to this car? Did it get broken?
delsolchippy
Regular
Regular
Progress to next rank:
0.5%

8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership

1994 Honda Delsol

Postby Acejay09 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:42 am

I sold it last year after I rebuilt the engine. I wonder if the new owner binned it :-(
Acejay09
Progress to next rank:
6.1%

Postby Acejay09 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:08 am

Was going to add some pics but can’t remember how
Acejay09
Progress to next rank:
6.1%

Postby solman » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:06 am

Thought you'd sold up!? You can link from an image hosting site, Facebook or FlickR still work. Click the image icon, enter the image URL link in the pop up, job done.
Did you know DSUK are on:

Image Image Image Image

solman
DelSolUK Site Admin
DelSolUK Site Admin

18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership

Drives: Crystal Black FK8

Return to Ongoing Projects