Solmans New Samba VTi

Doing lotsa work, or just replacing your bumper, tell us and show us here...

Moderators: kenco, SiR_chris, Glovermx, lxstuart, sol'd out, delsolchippy, Del sol 1997, Paulm, solman

Re: Solmans New Samba VTi

Postby solman » Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:26 pm

Done a few things off my list, new quiet exhaust is on sounds almost stock which is better for my ears. Oil and filter changed, waiting for my new rad to arrive and then I can replace that and would like a new header, looking at a PLM 4-2-1 at the moment just to freshen the bay a little.

Got some new discs and pads to fit shortly ready for some track action this year.
Did you know DSUK are on:

Image Image Image Image

solman
DelSolUK Site Admin
DelSolUK Site Admin

18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership

Drives: Crystal Black FK8

Postby solman » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:36 pm

Decided to plump for a Skunk2 V2 manifold in the end as I heard a lot of mixed reviews of PLM headers, mostly bad. Got a lot of my jobs out the way but still have a few things to do

Fitted the facelift bumper back on and made up some headlight extension wires so I can use the drop fogs as mains, not sure if this will pass the MOT like this but I can quickly swap the bumper back on and remove the extension cables so its hardly much agro. Touched up and polished out some scratches out this bumper, they are still there but less obvious now!

Replaced the front brakes, going to pressure bleed these as the pedal feels a little softer than I'd like and the fluid is probably due a change.

New mishimoto fan sounds a bit more modern and seems to be working well, doesn't come on for more than 5-10 seconds at a time when sat at idle up to temp. Waiting for the rear arb to come back from the powder coaters so I can do battle with that!

Car sounds really nice at low revs and I could probably have a conversation with someone in the passenger seat now!

Image Image Image Image

solman
DelSolUK Site Admin
DelSolUK Site Admin

18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership

Postby gwhoo4t » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:33 pm

We need a 'Like' button!! 8) 8)

Gaz
gwhoo4t
Regular
Regular
Progress to next rank:
54.8%

13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership

Drives: '92 Black VXi TT Auto

Postby hoppi05 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:40 am

looking good buddy
hoppi05
DelSol UK Addict!
DelSol UK Addict!
Progress to next rank:
3.7%

Postby solman » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:30 am

Cheers fellas.

Front brakes have been changed and all have been bled with fresh dot 4, the rear offside had a fair bit of air in it which was probably where the balance wasn't feeling 100%, now it feels great, rear ARB has been reinstalled and fettled and in the twisty bits the car handles amazing probably the best I've ever had it. It still knocks a little but without some serious custom work and I've done a bit already I can't see this ever being totally perfect, there is simply not enough room for this bar once you've lowered the car a bit on stock LCAs.

Have track time at Rockingham - Mimms, Silverstone - Japfest and JDM Combe.

Lets hope the weather is good, don't fancy a wet banked circuit myself!

Image Image Image Image

solman
DelSolUK Site Admin
DelSolUK Site Admin

Postby justdelsol » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:41 pm

:D beautiful done a well moded car to keep! Love your thread.
PS, where did you get the front lip?
justdelsol
Progress to next rank:
2%

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Postby solman » Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:46 pm

The front lip is a Carbon Culture one for an EK, doesn't fit well at all thought I was buying a facelift one which fits better. Its not that noticeable but I have some large bolts bending and cracking the carbon fibre with some Stuke winglets bolted on the bottom. Looks a bit nutty but thats the way I like this bumper

Image Image Image Image

solman
DelSolUK Site Admin
DelSolUK Site Admin

Previous

Return to Ongoing Projects