Another Question, Seat Stripes

Anything else you might want to talk about...

Moderators: kenco, SiR_chris, Glovermx, lxstuart, sol'd out, delsolchippy, Del sol 1997, Paulm, solman

Another Question, Seat Stripes

Postby Bods » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:23 pm

I thought the idea was that the stripe in the seats were same colour as the car, nice touch

Why so many don't match. Mine do, seen plenty also that do. See some that don't and think looking at it, probably been painted or seats swapped

there are a few on ebay at the mo that to me don't make sence, like the dreamers with the 5k silver one, why has it got red seat stripes? 59k miles, one owner which I don't understand

Samba green one which looks like silver stripes
1994 Paradise Green CRX VTI Transtop / 2001 Black 5Dr HR-V VTEC
Bods
Progress to next rank:
53.5%

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Drives: 1994 Paradise Green CRX VTI Transtop

Re: Another Question, Seat Stripes

Postby Donhumbostoni » Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:15 pm

Either colour change in the paint or seat replacements
Give me a piece of wood and ill make you something beautiful! put a spanner in my hand and ill
get mad and start breaking things
Donhumbostoni
Chatty
Chatty
Progress to next rank:
25.4%

13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership

Drives: 1993, mix and match of del sols. Grand prix white

Postby solman » Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:24 pm

There was always the differences in seat colours, a few coloured models came in two different striped seat colours. Samba came with silver grey or green, silver came with grey silver or red, black usually red, some later models had no stripes with no colour or leather. Some of the fabrics are different as well, its not something to worry about unless the colour is totally out of place, like blue in a green sol.

Probably what they had in the factory at the time.
Did you know DSUK are on:

Image Image Image Image

solman
DelSolUK Site Admin
DelSolUK Site Admin

18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership

Drives: Crystal Black FK8

Postby Bods » Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:23 pm

Ah right, that's interesting

As cars get old, you assume it's because it was painted or seats changed, but seeing 1 owners for sale with low miles I wouldn't of thought so. good to know that is, unless like you say it's just different to be original

I could do with replacing the drivers seat, I missed some nice Leather ones on ebay a while back, would of bought them if I'd seen them in time. Though I still like the originals with that colour stripe but would want it same as what came in mine, which I've not seen many of for sale, mine has hole in bolster
Bods
Progress to next rank:
53.5%

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Postby Donhumbostoni » Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:32 pm

Full black Interior, plus original (I think) black leather seats. Alone worth more than £90 not to mention the rest of the car

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/171653295034? ... EBIDX%3AIT
Give me a piece of wood and ill make you something beautiful! put a spanner in my hand and ill
get mad and start breaking things
Donhumbostoni
Chatty
Chatty
Progress to next rank:
25.4%

13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership

Drives: 1993, mix and match of del sols. Grand prix white

Postby solman » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:03 pm

Another one bites the dust :(, black leather is pretty hard to come by, if its not ripped be worth buying just for that and the interior but I've got a feeling someone's carved up those door cards with those speakers although you can separate the top and bottom parts of the door cards.
Did you know DSUK are on:

Image Image Image Image

solman
DelSolUK Site Admin
DelSolUK Site Admin

18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership

Drives: Crystal Black FK8

Postby Bods » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:29 pm

I saw that one this morning

Drivers seat could be ripped or badly worn like many

Was just looking at it and was going to post this

If it's anything like Raleigh Burner BMX's, There are a few people that parade on the Forums for them as Collectors/Fans etc but £££ signs in their eyes don't share the same love, they constantly buy complete bikes, strip them selling the parts for tons of profit so they can pay for the other BMX's they want, probably more expensive ones they couldn't have when younger etc. How can you say you are a collector when you take good complete bikes and trash them, parting them out to make up heaps others bought to restore, very sad to see

Arcade machines, I've seen what happened over the last ten years. When people stopped showing interest In them, some really hit rock bottom price wise, when they are selling for £200 and under, yet 2 years before they fetched £600+ even more machines got scrapped, parted out etc. couple of years later when more people seemed to go to events, found the forums, which ever way the interest shot up again, now the same machines back up to £600+ so just that short lack of interest lost probably 100's of machines

So with cars, you obviously have to factor in the cost of repairs etc, I understand it's gonna happen at some point, when there down to these prices, I bet there are a few people like the BMX's clowns that are just seeing £££ signs and will buy them all up cheap to strip and make money, it's all some people care about

I was just talking to the Girlfriend about this black one, I said to her a few weeks back, if I hadn't already bought her a car she would of been having my spare 3DR HR-V. She's just said she'd sooner have this black though

Only a few mile from me. But I wouldn't buy it just to scrap and part out, I'd have the interior yes, but I would do what I could to get that car back on the road depending on cost, not to make money, just to save it.

Not seen those wheels before
Bods
Progress to next rank:
53.5%

Return to Sol/General Chat