why do people pay so much for standard civic

Anything else you might want to talk about...

Moderators: kenco, SiR_chris, Glovermx, lxstuart, sol'd out, delsolchippy, Del sol 1997, Paulm, solman

why do people pay so much for standard civic

Postby Bods » Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:13 am

Cant understand why a 3dr civic vti sells for so much on same age as sols

Is it just down to them being so few as most i saw were esi and lsi

Seems abit mad i get a crx vti tt for 770 quid in good nick and a civic vti with rust sells for 2k

Dont get me wrong i still think they are nice cars but when you can have something this it seems daft
1994 Paradise Green CRX VTI Transtop / 2001 Black 5Dr HR-V VTEC
Bods
Progress to next rank:
53.5%

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Drives: 1994 Paradise Green CRX VTI Transtop

Re: why do people pay so much for standard civic

Postby solman » Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:47 am

Just the way it is, good rustless low mileage twin cam Sols should be appreciating really. When was your VTi registered Bod? We are both in a pretty exclusive club with 1995 VTi TT, last of the line not many sold pretty sure mine is the last UK Samba TT VTi made. I paid 2k, has interesting history its solid and spotless underneath I mean spotless, you could eat your dinner off it.
Did you know DSUK are on:

Image Image Image Image

solman
DelSolUK Site Admin
DelSolUK Site Admin

18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership

Drives: Crystal Black FK8

Postby Bods » Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:24 pm

Sorry for the confusion, I got mixed up with mine and not 1995. Was looking at the Docs the other day it's a late 94 though as it was registered 25/11/1994

If yours is a mint Samba Green, I take it you got the one from ebay end of summer like Sept time a year or so ago from Leicestershire, CRX plate on it and the TT roof?

I was looking at finding something small, mega on fuel and thinking about small cars one night, just though about these old CRX, always fancied a Convertible, so straight on ebay to see what price they going for and I was going to look for a Samba Green, that was the first one I saw, couldn't believe it really, though it was too mint for me, as I don't have a Garage, but typically going for more than I wanted to pay and typical as it was only a few mile from me, not saying it was too much as it was a beauty, after seeing that one, I made my mind up it had to be Samba Green, not mint but half decent, wanted VTI and had to be TT roof, Really hoping for the polished alloys like that had and Remote locking Alarm.

Kept looking for months, no decent Samba ones coming up, but then my HR-V was having trouble, so after the garage confirmed mine was big ends shot, I'd been watching this one already and it was ending about an hour after I picked my poor HR-V up, needing a car for work at the weekend, I slapped a bid on it and won it for £770 which I was happy with, ok it was the Samba, but it was Paradise Green, so still a nice colour. Guy didn't really give much of a description, but If I got there and it was a shed I'd just walk away. But I did well. It's pretty clean, bonnet and wing has bad paint, but I know why at least. It has the shiny VTI wheels. the roof didn't work which helps with getting it cheaper and only a broken wire. Got every MOT apart from 2 I think, pile of paperwork all from Honda Garages down south. Had a new Bonnet, Bumper and headlight, all genuine parts at least. so little bump back in early 2000's. had lots of maintenance work done like clutch slave, brakes, roof repairs, exhaust, repairs

Mostly has full Honda Service history, done the 55,000 mile in the first 4 years and only done under or over 1000 mile a year, solid underneath, straight through mot last year, really good solid car that just needs abit of paint work to make it mint. still only 85k

I was so tempted to bid on the last Samba Green VTI a few month back on ebay, bit rusty in places and lot more miles, but I love that colour, one I have is just to nice to get rid of though and change for worse one
Bods
Progress to next rank:
53.5%

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Postby solman » Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:06 pm

Yeh it was that one, the price didn't put me off as I was about to pay over half that for the bodywork on the old one, it continues to live in garage under an expensive 3 layer breathable cover, it did about 1000 miles last year and the tiny bit of surface rust will be done next month. It wasn't without its faults though and the guy was pretty liberal with the no leaks and no faults, the alarm is the last one I need to fix.

Luckily enough I had all the parts to make this less of a big deal, however the pad friction material falling off the back of the pad plates was the most serious. Its ready for some track action now though!

Image Image Image Image

solman
DelSolUK Site Admin
DelSolUK Site Admin

18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership

Postby Bods » Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:37 pm

So have you left that one stock then? it was nice and original

I didn't buy into all the stuff he was saying, like the original Cassette Stereo, as I found when it was previously for sale when he must of bought it, as it was listed with the original reg number, CD stereo system, working roof etc. so he put the stereo cassette in it, unless it came with it as well, roof packed up while he had, Sure I looked at his feedback too and he had been buying Honda service books and all sorts. so probably bought the stereo to put back in it

Glad it went too a good home, would of loved it but I would feel guilty with it left outside all winter
Bods
Progress to next rank:
53.5%

Postby solman » Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:43 pm

I have all the stock body parts stored safe but its far from stock now, the stereo was one he bought second hand, it was the higher end model but was installed poorly, plastic fascia was broken in 3 places and it was held in with sticky tape. I had a spare plastic surround and a DAB unit now with 2 pairs of components and the option front tweeters. Everything I've done can easily be returned to stock for the purest. Take a look at the build thread off my sig

Image Image Image Image

solman
DelSolUK Site Admin
DelSolUK Site Admin

Postby Bods » Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:48 pm

Ah didn't know if you had 2 like

just been looking at it, certainly been busy on it. Nice to see some good pictures of it when you got it.

Sounds like a muppet the guy you got it from, How he made it sound was the car is so original it's still got the original stereo cassette, which I knew was monkey poo!! So mechanically wise it was in no better condition than mine, but how he was selling it, was mint, needed nothing doing, the usually crap people like to spill to hype up the sale

Remember he said the roof had been looked at by a garage and all stuff and they couldn't sort it. Was is an easy fix? Was really lucky with mine

New thermostat fitted in mine, looking like it needs a new Rad soon, seals need doing the same on mine

I did accuse him of bidding the auction up, wouldn't surprise me but ebay checked the bidding, still didn't mean his mates weren't bidding on it for him. Though you bought it the 2nd time I noticed, the original winner left him a negative lol
Bods
Progress to next rank:
53.5%

Return to Sol/General Chat