Del Sol Build

Anything else you might want to talk about...

Moderators: kenco, SiR_chris, Glovermx, lxstuart, sol'd out, delsolchippy, Del sol 1997, Paulm, solman

Del Sol Build

Postby James1491 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:35 pm

Hi everyone!

I am looking to build my Del Sol into a road legal track car. I have some varied ideas on what to do with it but here is a provisional list of what I intend to do over this winter/ next spring.

Lower whole car by 50mm on coilovers
Civic or prelude brakes
Performance exhaust system (not sure on rear box size yet)
Bigger tires all round
Front and rear upper and lower strut braces
Performance air intake system

If anyone has any information or advice on these things relating to the Del Sol it would be appreciated. Main info I am looking for is advice on brakes and exhaust system.
The eventual plan is to put a 2.2 engine from a prelude in it. But for now keeping with the standard power unit. Any advice on extracting more performance from the standard 1.6 engine will be appreciated too, but not looking to turbo this car. I want to keep it running N/A.
James1491
Progress to next rank:
2%

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Re: Del Sol Build

Postby solman » Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:36 pm

Hi James, welcome along, do some searching as most the mods you should do have been discussed time and time again. It depends what you are trying to achieve but the Del Sol while being a fairly accomplished track car isn't necessarily the best base when compared to some others, but if you just wanna have some fun with it pop up a build thread!
Did you know DSUK are on:

Image Image Image Image

solman
DelSolUK Site Admin
DelSolUK Site Admin

19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership

Drives: Crystal Black FK8

Re: Del Sol Build

Postby James1491 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:32 am

Ok thanks for that. Its going to be a fun thing looking to just take it to local tracks and see how it goes on there with the mods i intend to put on.
James1491
Progress to next rank:
2%

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Return to Sol/General Chat