Goodbye all!

Anything else you might want to talk about...

Moderators: kenco, SiR_chris, Glovermx, lxstuart, sol'd out, delsolchippy, Del sol 1997, Paulm, solman

Goodbye all!

Postby SammyCRX80 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:07 pm

Today I said goodbye to the Mk3 :( Despite some serious rust, a devious assassination attempt by my ex-girlfriend and even being sent to a breakers yard without my permission, she was saved from the clutches of doom at the last moment and put back on the road, enjoying another 7 years and over 60,000 miles of glory. But today it was finally time to say goodbye - the exhaust was blowing, the suspension tired, brakes binding slightly, yet started first time and the engine sounded as awesome as ever. 152,000 miles on the clock, so I reached the golden 150,000 (I didn't think I would!).

Goodbye Mk3 CRX, you were a loyal and trusty car. Except when you broke down, obviously.

The parts will be going into a cherished 1.5 Honda Civic, so at least some of the car will live on and help another Honda stay on the road. I did try to sell it as a car to keep going, but despite over 700 views on Auto Trader, it seems people were put off by the Cat C label (which is a shame, although I suppose I can understand that). In truth it would've cost quite a bit of money to keep on the road for any real length of time. But it was dry as a bone inside, so much so that I kept all the paperwork in the boot for the final months, so it was very unusual in that respect.

I wasn't on here all that much lately anyway, especially since the car was SORN, but thanks for all the help and advice given to me, I truly appreciate it; may your cars live long and fruitful lives! Meanwhile, I still have a Mk2 CRX, which is undoubtedly the best car I've ever driven and I hope to keep it on the road for as many years as I possibly can. I may pop on here from time-to-time to share what little wisdom I have and help you keep your cars dry (as that's about the only thing I was good at when it came to the CRX!), but if not then I wish you all the best of luck.

Sam (formerly Argumentative Forum Twat, apparently!)

And finally, taken two months ago... she cleaned up pretty well!

Hey, I can do better than that for you, Have a Rank !!!
SammyCRX80
Ye' Almighty!
Ye' Almighty!

17 years of membership17 years of membership17 years of membership17 years of membership17 years of membership17 years of membership17 years of membership17 years of membership17 years of membership17 years of membership17 years of membership17 years of membership17 years of membership17 years of membership17 years of membership17 years of membership17 years of membership

Re: Goodbye all!

Postby Ally Fish » Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:55 pm

Goodbye MK3 Del Sol - another one less. We are quite rare these days.
1994 Del Sol Sir (my baby since 2003) / 2004 Jazz 1.3 SE (Maddy's daily tractor) / 2007 CR-V 2.2 CDTi Exec (my daily tractor)
Ally Fish
DSUK Alumni
DSUK Alumni

19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership

1994 Honda Delsol
Drives: See profile signature

Postby solman » Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:51 pm

You can't leave us Sammy its not allowed. Lets face it more than half the people on here no longer own a Del Sol! The rest own a Del Sol and its in bits!
Did you know DSUK are on:

Image Image Image Image

solman
DelSolUK Site Admin
DelSolUK Site Admin

19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership

Drives: Crystal Black FK8

Postby SammyCRX80 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:01 pm

solman wrote:You can't leave us Sammy its not allowed. Lets face it more than half the people on here no longer own a Del Sol! The rest own a Del Sol and its in bits!

Haha, well that's true! I'll probably still be on now and then, especially as I do still own a CRX (even if it's not a Del Sol). It's sad looking outside and not seeing it on the drive though :(

I found out that it's going to be shipped (complete) over to Lithuania before being broken. The guy who bought it works with my cousin, he's a really nice guy who loves his Hondas. He mentioned how much fun he had driving it back home and loves the engine. I've been very lucky to have two of them at the same time and I wish it could've lasted, but I think I made the right choice given the Cat C mark against it. I suppose all good things must come to an end!
SammyCRX80
Ye' Almighty!
Ye' Almighty!

17 years of membership17 years of membership17 years of membership17 years of membership17 years of membership17 years of membership17 years of membership17 years of membership17 years of membership17 years of membership17 years of membership17 years of membership17 years of membership17 years of membership17 years of membership17 years of membership17 years of membership

Postby Kristoffer » Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:53 am

You can't leave mate
Kristoffer
Regular
Regular
Progress to next rank:
64.3%

14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership

Drives: N/A

Postby SiR_chris » Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:42 pm

Thanks for all your hardwork on how-to's and useful info through the years mate - please stay on here even if it is maybe less than usual - pop in from time to time and keep us updated with how the MKII is getting on :)
SiR_chris
DelSolUK Site Admin
DelSolUK Site Admin

1992 Honda Delsol
Drives: '92 H2B SiR, '02 CW DC5, '06 Black Sport Jazz

Postby SammyCRX80 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:08 pm

SiR_chris wrote:Thanks for all your hardwork on how-to's and useful info through the years mate - please stay on here even if it is maybe less than usual - pop in from time to time and keep us updated with how the MKII is getting on :)

No worries :) And I'll pop on every now and then to see if I can offer any help (unlikely, but you never know!).
SammyCRX80
Ye' Almighty!
Ye' Almighty!

Postby whirly » Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:14 pm

Ally Fish wrote:Goodbye MK3 Del Sol - another one less. We are quite rare these days.

Yeh...stay around....
whirly
Chatty
Chatty
Progress to next rank:
20.6%

Return to Sol/General Chat