Accident damaged( Cat C or D )

Anything else you might want to talk about...

Moderators: kenco, SiR_chris, Glovermx, lxstuart, sol'd out, delsolchippy, Del sol 1997, Paulm, solman

Accident damaged( Cat C or D )

Postby RebelReiver » Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:43 pm

Had a bump last week ( not my fault ) and the car was inspected today. The guy confirmed it would be a cat C or D depending on the estimate and valuation.

1993 Esi Frost White, just over 51,000 miles and totally original. Cam belt, water pump and tensioner (gates kit) done august last year, only around 2000 miles since, crank pulley replaced at the same time ( Expensive genuine Honda part ). Recon distributor fitted last month ( timing is still a little off ). a little rust on the front arches, some around the rears and rust bubbling through on both rear sills.

Accident damage is as follows. Bonnet crumpled above passenger head light, passenger wing crumpled around headlight, headlight totally destroyed and some scuffing and cracking on the bumper passenger side corner. As for under the bonnet I'm assuming where the headlight bolts onto will be damaged and various hinges and bolt holes will be out of alignment. Will post pictures if needed.

Just trying to gauge any interest in the car as a whole to see if it is worth getting it back from the insurance company. I won't be breaking or repairing it myself.
RebelReiver
Progress to next rank:
19.2%

8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership

Drives: 93 White Del Sol ESI

Re: Accident damaged( Cat C or D )

Postby solman » Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:29 pm

I'm sure one of the usual suspects would take it off your hands, depending on the cost. Shame though as it doesn't seem as though it would be economical to repair it :(
Did you know DSUK are on:

Image Image Image Image

solman
DelSolUK Site Admin
DelSolUK Site Admin

18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership

Drives: Crystal Black FK8

Postby RebelReiver » Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:11 pm

Yeah, just got an email of the report and it has been priced up using Honda parts and bodyshop labour at £42 an hour, it adds up to a lot lol, so it'll be a Cat C.

I forgot to mention though that it starts and drives, the damage doesn't effect that and it's tested till the end of April. Also comes with a few extra bits and pieces

Steel wheels with ESI trims and a set of Honda alloys from a Jordan Civic (painted white with only 3 centre caps, bit scruffy ) with Honda alloy nuts and locking nuts ( all tyres will need replacing soon though )
Brand new never been in the car mats from the guy on Ebay that makes the reproduction ones.
And a spare rocker cover

Depends what the final valuation is and how much I can buy it back for but I won't be asking a lot and I would rather it went to someone on here even if it's just for parts.
RebelReiver
Progress to next rank:
19.2%

8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership

Postby gwhoo4t » Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:57 pm

Bummer, sorry to hear another one at risk :cry: :(

Gaz
gwhoo4t
Regular
Regular
Progress to next rank:
54.8%

13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership

Drives: '92 Black VXi TT Auto

Postby Graham27 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:28 am

I have a whole front end and could repair and paint it for you, albeit I'm a couple of hours north in Edinburgh!
Graham27
Progress to next rank:
46.5%

Postby RebelReiver » Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:40 am

Cheers for the offer Graham, I've seen your handy work in your build thread ( awesome btw ) but it won't be something I'm spending any money on. After a few days thinking on it there is a guy near Durham that breaks Hondas and if he has got the bits and pieces I might replace the bits and put it back on the road but I won't be getting it painted or anything like that. So if you see a white sol with a blue bonnet and a green wing being driven like I hate it, it's probably me.
RebelReiver
Progress to next rank:
19.2%

Postby lxstuart » Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:21 pm

To be fair, you can get reasonable results from rattle cans, but you will need to put in the time and effort with preparation.
It wont look as good as a professional job, and with a white car it will be harder to cover the original panel colour, but it is doable.

SmithYo wrote:bollocks to wd40.... bita spit normally works a charm ;)

crazyasswhiteboi wrote:was worth the effort, just needed a little wriggling when putting in...

Image Not always SFW
lxstuart
DelSolUK Moderator
DelSolUK Moderator

15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership

Drives: '96 Milano Red SiR, '95 Legend Coupe

Postby battscrxvti » Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:47 pm

that's rob horner hes a good old boi known him a few years now
crx del sol breaker , also window tinting service
07749 478279 - karl
battscrxvti
DSUK LEGEND
DSUK LEGEND

18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership

1993 Honda crx del sol sir
Drives: 1993 captiva blue vti

Postby RebelReiver » Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:59 pm

The guy I was talking about was HondaSteven on Ebay, he always has a few Sol bits listed, based in Shildon. I had a look though after you mentioned Rob Horner and he has a garage in Bishop Aukland? If it's the same guy he is selling an MR2 I might have been interested in except it's Red.
RebelReiver
Progress to next rank:
19.2%

Postby ROBERTSON » Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:38 am

If you face any damage because of someone other's fault, then I suggest you contact Seattle Accident Law Firm they will assist you in detail.
ROBERTSON
Progress to next rank:
7.1%

2 years of membership2 years of membership

Return to Sol/General Chat