Blue Del Sol Vti

Doing lotsa work, or just replacing your bumper, tell us and show us here...

Moderators: kenco, SiR_chris, Glovermx, lxstuart, sol'd out, delsolchippy, Del sol 1997, Paulm, solman

Blue Del Sol Vti

Postby EK4 Luke » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:40 am

Right so I'd been looking into del sol's for quite a while now and I knew that I wanted a b16 with a manual roof so was in the market for a vti or an Sir as while I was hunting I hadn't seen any swapped ones and probably just as well. I Ideally wanted an Sir but having missed out on 2 sir's I settled for a blue Sir which I though was lovely and It is but there was more rust there was more rust albeit only surface rust for now the morning after the night I bought it. anyway I was still happy with the car spec list was and for now still is:
124k miles
spax shocks & springs lowered 30mm I find the drive both comfortable and very predictable so perfect set up for a road car
just an aftermarket steering wheel
was a clean car and apart from the surface rust which I will hopefully sort soon
the only part of the car which wasn't bad but I'd like to change probably is the brakes as I'm used to an Ep3 brake setup as well as top end pads on my civic

Here is how she stand at minute:

So anyway after trying to tell myself I won't touch this car just drive it I've had to change my mind as the civic's away so straight the brakes I haven't really looked into it probably should have done some more research but I'm planning to put an EK9/98spec DC2 brake setup onto the car I'm pretty much assuming the vti front knuckles are more or less the same for EK's and del sol's and that the front and rear's are a straight swap
Also on that subject I'm after a set of 262mm rear calipers & carriers from EK9/DC2 if anyone has any available please let me know
Anyway so I've bought a set of 98 spec ITR front carrriers & calipers & discs with the hope to refurb them get a new set of 282 4x100 discs and yeah well upgrade the brakes Oh and I'll also be fitting a 1 inch M/C and brake booster from an MB6 when I've got front & rear brakes all refurbed
Anyway let me know what you think I'll try get more pics up as soon as things get rolling so enjoy :)

Right so finally with the Easter long weekend I've had a chance to fit bigger brakes to the del sol and I've also managed to get a few pictures to help show you what I've done
Right so here's me starting off you can see the braided hel lines I'm going to use
Old front brakes
Here's the new front caliper's ready to go on
and the new front discs
Old rear discs
new rear caliper's
new rear discs
new brake booster & master cylinder
new rear disc fitted
new rear brakes fitted
new rear brakes fitted behind wheels
new front brakes behind wheels
so now she stands like this
things didn't really go smoothly for me was hoping to get it finished Friday/Saturday but ended up finishing it Monday as I split a brake hardline at the front so had to get a new one and also I became ill so was struggling from Friday and ended up going hospital & spending Sunday in bed luckily found energy Monday to finish her off also ran into some trouble changing the rear brake lines rounded off both the top 10's nicely so will address that some other time also the mb6 M/C didn't fit so put stock one back for now as will need custom fittings on brake hard line to make it fit so again will be dealt with soon
Here's the line I split & had to replace:
here's the things still to do for brakes:
oh forgot to mention pads not sure what's on the front but seems decent and at least 80% left so no problems
for the rear I had a set of ds2500 and I am impressed with how well suited they are for the road quiet & comfortable will update if this changes once properly bedded in
also while changing the brake booster I couldn't work out what his reservoir was:(the one with yellow label round cap)
May seems stupid it say's it's for brake fluid but still if anyone would let me know would be nice Cheers
Last edited by EK4 Luke on Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
EK4 Luke
Progress to next rank:
26.3%

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Re: Blue Del Sol Vti

Postby EK4 Luke » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:50 am

New brakes fitted :)
EK4 Luke
Progress to next rank:
26.3%

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Re: Blue Del Sol Vti

Postby EK4 Luke » Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:57 pm

This now for sale here: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=34345&p=318292#p318292
gone a long way since these posts
EK4 Luke
Progress to next rank:
26.3%

Return to Ongoing Projects