Black EG2 siR.. Turning into another project car!

Doing lotsa work, or just replacing your bumper, tell us and show us here...

Moderators: kenco, SiR_chris, Glovermx, lxstuart, sol'd out, delsolchippy, Del sol 1997, Paulm, solman

Re: Black siR- Keepin it clean

Postby C-Rex » Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:45 am

Got pressed plates off Eire plates a few days ago think they look alot better on the Jap square plate recess

And in a quick and unexpected deal today managed to pick up an ITR Momo steering wheel:

And a set of genuine Rays black DuraNuts at a great price secondhand

C-Rex
Progress to next rank:
67.7%

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Drives: 1992 Black SiR Del Sol

Re: Black siR- Keepin it clean

Postby C-Rex » Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:28 pm

24degrees mountain roads and a del sol..

Yesterday was a good day!!

Great day out in the car loved it through small mountain passes in Co Kerry great sound of vtec echoing off the rock faces and roof down..
Its was weeks like this that make the Del Sol really com into its own..

Have the car all pretty right now the ITR Wheels fitted and swapped out the replica gearknob for a genuine ITR one.. New BF Goodridge tires and wheels mounted up balanced and tracked the car is going great!
C-Rex
Progress to next rank:
67.7%

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Re: Black EG2 siR.. Turning into another project car!

Postby C-Rex » Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:06 pm

Well the Del Sol has put up 3000kms now and going 100% noticed a slight leak into the boot so going to remove the rear sail panels and do the drain tubes and clip seals..
Also have to fit the stickers I got from Mr Kurtz

Really mad to pick up a set of OEM fog lights to finish off the Mugen bumper but in the mean time have tracked down another EG2 minus engine and box but has some nice OEM gathers bits and spares for this will get pics when I collect it

Heres one with my EF8 today.. Really regret giving Rachel my TE37s :(

C-Rex
Progress to next rank:
67.7%

Postby indykid » Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:22 pm

looks great, really want mine in black tbh... although it's a pain in the hoop to look after!

That rear wing is lovely, gotta find one!
indykid
Progress to next rank:
61.6%

Postby C-Rex » Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:24 pm

Didnt have to do much with this lately going great and trouble free 7500miles up on it and not a bit of trouble! Looking out for OEM fog lights but seem to be very hard to get!

The rocker cover on it was annoying me with the paint chipping off heres how it was:

I power washed the engine bay, removed the rocker cover and repainted it in VHT crinkle black paint to give the OEM finish and cleaned up all the bay with plastic and rubber detailer turned out like new:

Only other think its done lately was go to a Jap show here in Ireland here is a pic of it with a friends S2000

Its got the NCT tuesday morning like the Irish MOT should pass easily enough though as everything seems good on it
C-Rex
Progress to next rank:
67.7%

Postby crazyasswhiteboi » Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:25 pm

looks clean, good job!
EJ2 SOLD
EJ9 SOLD
EH6 CURRENT

crazyasswhiteboi
Progress to next rank:
61.6%

11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership

1994 Honda Del Sol ESi

Postby C-Rex » Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:18 am

Have tracked down a set of fog lights for this now so collecting them tomorrow hopefully with some other small bits too

Also had no real plan on getting this but it came up for sale local at good money so had to have it

Its a Genuine Mugen Formula Rocker Cover, the previous owner had the paint stripped off it cause it was chipping off

Collected it last night and done this today using VHT Wrinkle Black paint. Its not the original colour but will do for now

Masked and preped:

And after a few coats of VHT Wrinkle Paint looks like new:

Last edited by C-Rex on Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
C-Rex
Progress to next rank:
67.7%

Postby bstarky1981 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:48 pm

Thats looks really smart good work buddy.
My project so far---- viewtopic.php?f=37&t=33437
bstarky1981
Regular
Regular
Progress to next rank:
42%

1993 Honda CRX Del Sol VXi
Drives: 1993, blue, crx delsol 1.6 vtec

Postby GreenSiR » Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:56 pm

Have to say this is a sexy del sol and I am jealous haha. If you ever think of selling let me know, I'm only across the border :)
GreenSiR
Progress to next rank:
22.2%

13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership

Drives: 1996 white SiR

Postby C-Rex » Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:18 am

Happy to say this is still going great as a daily driver for my girlfriend done a few bits lately..

Noticed when it was after a bit of a drive the kinda sweet smell of antifreeze turns out there was a tiny crack along the top of the original rad along the line where the Honda writing is raised up on it.. Seem like a fault that just came up over time rather than damage so changed it out for a new one:

While I was at it I also removed the HIDs because I always hated them they were so bright there was just a mad glare off them,

Standard V HIDs

Picked up new door cards too. The ones in it had a big stupid speakers in them, I was lucky to pick up a pair of good clean ones with original tweeters complete so swapped them out heres Old V New

Also picked up the rear gathers speakers and covers from the same car

Also typical Del Sol life fixing leaks.. The boot was filling with water, the sail panels were off before and the sealer put around all the clips and stuff but had gone hard and cracked so chipped it all back and re applied Sikaflex so all sealed up good.. Cleared through the drains tubes too cause they were blocked completely and filled with water so a bit drier now just goning to regrease the boot seal and vaseline on the light seals and should be good again for a few years hopefully

Fitted the Mugen cover too along with Spoon resevoir socks and Oil cap.. Hope to pick up Mugen strutbrace, manifold and intake soon too

Here it is with the the other two CRX projects EF8 and EF6

Have a set of Black S2000 seats found too so picking them up the weekend so should have them in soon after
C-Rex
Progress to next rank:
67.7%

Postby GreenSiR » Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:47 pm

Class car, wheels and bumper are spot on
GreenSiR
Progress to next rank:
22.2%

13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership

Drives: 1996 white SiR

Postby C-Rex » Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:54 pm

Thanks man will be picking up a cleaner set of TE37s for it in the next week as the ones on it are a bit rough around the edges

Got to fit the OEM fogs too to the bumper sometime soon too
C-Rex
Progress to next rank:
67.7%

Previous

Return to Ongoing Projects