Black EG2 siR.. Turning into another project car!

Doing lotsa work, or just replacing your bumper, tell us and show us here...

Moderators: kenco, SiR_chris, Glovermx, lxstuart, sol'd out, delsolchippy, Del sol 1997, Paulm, solman

Black EG2 siR.. Turning into another project car!

Postby C-Rex » Mon May 20, 2013 2:17 am

Thought I might aswell start a thread as I plan on doing a few bits to this and Ive become soo attached after 3days of ownership I cant see myself selling up so will be a long ongoing project..

Really its 'for the girlfriend'. Shes been noticing Im spending alot of money and time on my EF CRX so instead of giving in a selling up I decided to fight fire with fire and get her one instead, her own car has been giving a bit of trouble lately and while she is mad for a S2000 I think this is a fair compromise

Bought it off donedeal.ie an irish classifieds site and must say Im very impressed with it nice spec and driving 100% with some nice history..

Its fitted with:
16" Enkei RP01s
Genuine Mugen Front Bumper
MS Design Sideskirts

On the back its what looks like an Integra Type R spoiler and badge on a transtop boot
60mm Fujitsubo Cat Back Exhaust
Lowering springs and VTTR Pads are nice additions too

Engine bay is nice and dusty so no oil leaks or problems being hidden by power washing it..

Ultra Plug Leads
Hero Earthing Kit
HKS Drop in filter
And HID lights are the only bits breaking up what is an almost original engine bay

Interior is nice and clean and pretty original too
OEM mats with no wear
Map lights
siR steering wheel

Its also fitted with a really good alarm and comes with all NCT certs since import, Original auction sheet (Grade 3.5), dyno print out showing 172bhp so all looking good

The car was originally owned and imported by Barry (Baz crx) on here and only one other owner since and seems to have been really taken care of since import in 2006..

Barry really maintained the car well in his 5years of ownership and with two tripe to D's Electrical ensured the Transtop is what=rking perfectly 8)
Last edited by C-Rex on Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
C-Rex
Progress to next rank:
67.7%

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Drives: 1992 Black SiR Del Sol

Re: Black siR- Keepin it clean

Postby C-Rex » Mon May 20, 2013 2:21 am

After reading up on the Del Sols and seeing some of the common problems I identified one annoying me on mine..

The water sloshing around behind you when cornering found a handy write up on it so tackled it last night..

All out:

For the sake of these two pipes being blocked!

To be fair there was loads of water there so all drained out and cleaned up ready to go back together:

Took it out for a drive around good twisty roads in Co Clare yesterday and Im really happy with it the shocks and springs in it, they are alot more forgiving on country roads compared to the coilovers in my CRX.. Turned 160000kms when we arrived back into Limerick

Took the wheels off to check out the pads and stuff and loads left on them great performance out of the 282s but still wont convert my EF8 I like 14s on it too much ha

And checked out the wheels are 16x6.5j et45 typical honda kind of fitments

While I do kind of like to look of the wheels on it:

I tried on my TE37s on it and dont think I could change back now! Think they really suit black cars and looks way better IMO

Just got to fit more road friendly tyres on them now and new Volk/Rays stickers I have for them at home
Interior remains pretty original in it with just a few minor changes but its so clean inside it really doesnt need much

Heres a clearer pic of the engine bay too going doing the rocker cover back original wrinkle black and and a good clean up but want to keep it original under here too so Rachel doesnt have any explaining to do if police ever pull her in the car

So that if for a while
Im dropping the car to a bodyshop tomorrow evening to get the skirts and bumper repainted and refitted..
Once I get it back then fix fix up and clean a few more bits along with a service and TB and almost ready to hand it over to herself then :(
C-Rex
Progress to next rank:
67.7%

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Postby battscrxvti » Mon May 20, 2013 9:49 am

Car looks alot cleaner on those wheels suit the colour more , what you doing with Your old wheels dude ?
crx del sol breaker , also window tinting service
07749 478279 - karl
battscrxvti
DSUK LEGEND
DSUK LEGEND

18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership

1993 Honda crx del sol sir
Drives: 1993 captiva blue vti

Postby C-Rex » Mon May 20, 2013 10:01 am

Ill probably sell the old wheels off it had planned on keeping them on it and spraying gold but don't think they could follow up from the Volks.

If there is interest I could send them to the UK but postage is about €100 alone.
C-Rex
Progress to next rank:
67.7%

Postby adamjosey » Mon May 20, 2013 12:31 pm

Looks a great car! Interesting set up with the door speakers, not seen a second set of speakers positioned like that before!
adamjosey
Regular
Regular
Progress to next rank:
55.3%

14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership

1998 Honda Delsol
Drives: 98 ESi TT, 95 ESi TT, 93 SiR TT & a 92 SiR TT

Postby C-Rex » Mon May 20, 2013 2:55 pm

Im a bit unsure about them there might relocate them to the place behind the seats where they are ment to go.
C-Rex
Progress to next rank:
67.7%

Postby SiR_chris » Mon May 20, 2013 2:57 pm

Great write up! Man I wish I had that much space to work in!! Volks look amazing on it :)
SiR_chris
DelSolUK Site Admin
DelSolUK Site Admin

19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership

1992 Honda Delsol
Drives: '92 H2B SiR, '02 CW DC5, '06 Black Sport Jazz

Postby C-Rex » Tue May 21, 2013 1:11 am

Thanks man
Really transformed the look of the car alright.. Thats inside in a big shed where I work sometimes if I get a bit of quiet time during a night I try rip into a car if I can, great to have somewhere dry to work..

Dropped the car off earlier to get the bonnet and skirts done will be getting the bumper fitment a bit better and bonnet lined up to the wings.. Checking out underneath the skirts and sills too for any signs of rust just to be sure
C-Rex
Progress to next rank:
67.7%

Postby battscrxvti » Tue May 21, 2013 1:52 pm

I'm in Ireland Tomo till Thursday night with work if need any parts let me know I'm going to Belfast I think and couple of other places
crx del sol breaker , also window tinting service
07749 478279 - karl
battscrxvti
DSUK LEGEND
DSUK LEGEND

18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership

1993 Honda crx del sol sir
Drives: 1993 captiva blue vti

Postby C-Rex » Tue May 21, 2013 2:13 pm

Thanks for the offer dont think I need much just yet and Ill be out of the country myself for the next week anyway. Might need a few bits in future though Ill keep you in mind
C-Rex
Progress to next rank:
67.7%

Postby indykid » Tue May 21, 2013 5:39 pm

looks great, is that an itr rear wing? looks great
indykid
Progress to next rank:
61.6%

Postby C-Rex » Wed May 29, 2013 1:35 pm

I thought it was an ITR rear wing but the fit looks too good, could be some aftermarket one for a del sol?.. Im back from holidays and collecting the car from the painters later after getting the bumper and skirts resprayed and fitted with all the shut lines done on the front too so should be looking great!!

On the hunt for OEM side decals now
Last edited by C-Rex on Wed May 29, 2013 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
C-Rex
Progress to next rank:
67.7%

Postby C-Rex » Wed May 29, 2013 1:43 pm

At £8 delivered these seem very reasonable and will be much faster than Honda..

http://www.decalhaus.com/x2_honda_civic ... __mb6.html

These are done by Mr Kurtz over on CRXuk and comes very highly rated and has a 100% positive ebay feedback rating so think these could have me sorted
C-Rex
Progress to next rank:
67.7%

Postby C-Rex » Thu May 30, 2013 10:49 pm

I went to do the Timing belt today forgot how bad a realllllllllly tight crank bolt can be!!

Milwaukee Impact gun, 4ft extension bar and Tire Stop Pneumatic Impact gun all failed!!

Back to it again tomorrow!! It will be coming off but with a little more fight than I had hoped!
C-Rex
Progress to next rank:
67.7%

Postby C-Rex » Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:44 pm

Belt finally sorted had to bring it to a garage and take the crank bolt off with a 3/4" Impant Gun. Was a two second job with the right tools!!

I also took off the Volks again to clean them up new stickers and new tires so ready to throw them back on again now.

After putting the car back together this morning after the belt I dropped the roof and took it out for a spin in the sunshine on some good twisty roads!!

]Image

Bumper and Skirts resprayed too and all the shut lines relined looking great now..

Hope to be picking up an ITR steering wheel and gearknob this week, DOHC Vtec stickers in the post and booked in tuesday to get the cracked windscreen replaced and the rattle in the exhaust sorted.. Going to be handing it over to Rachel then :(
C-Rex
Progress to next rank:
67.7%

Next

Return to Ongoing Projects