Shakinis Del Slow

Doing lotsa work, or just replacing your bumper, tell us and show us here...

Moderators: kenco, SiR_chris, Glovermx, lxstuart, sol'd out, delsolchippy, Del sol 1997, Paulm, solman

Shakinis Del Slow

Postby Shakini » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:59 am

Ok, I've had my car almost for two years now, so I'll try make long story short.

Bought the car April 2011 in this condition:

I was thinking that I just lower the car and buy new wheels and so on... Bought Weitec -40mm set, and wasn't happy with that, car has now D2 Street coilovers. Also I have replaced some bushings to Energy Suspension ones (RTA for example).
Then my dad said that we should fix those bit rusty spots. Again a lot of surprises.

That ain't bad :lol:

Luckily I've been working at bodyshop + dad is a car painter so not a big problem. Rust fixed and we headed to paintshop.

Upper pics are from paintshow, car ready for new Milano Red :P

Also I made put some noisekiller mat to the front doors + targa roof.

Then it was time for to get new wheel to the car, bought Enkei PKR in 15" size, tire is 195/50R15.

Summer ended, winter came (2011-2012)

Then I read some forums about detailing the car and as I knew the red colour + sun combination, I decided to do complete buff to my car and put some decent sealant to cover it from UV rays etc. There's some project pics beneath.

Then a few "mirror"images :P

Ended upto this (summer setup)

I rather use pics than text, as you can see above. I'll write some sort of tech spec list into the next post.
Shakini
Progress to next rank:
27.3%

11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership

Drives: 1992 Milano Red CR-X del Sol

Re: Shakinis Del Slow

Postby Shakini » Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:06 pm

Tech Spec:

Honda CRX del Sol
1992, driven approx 248 000 kms.

Engine:
D16Z6, in OEM conditions, done just basic services (timing belt etc)

Suspension:
D2 Street coilovers (now lowered approx 60mm, not enough :D)
ES bushings where replaced

Wheels and tyres:
Advan RGII replicas + 195/50 for summer
Enkei PKR + 195/55 for winter

Exterior:
Repainted 2011 (including mirrors, door handles ets.)
VTi spoiler added
Amber corners

Interior:
Nothing much done yet, this will be the next step.

ICE:
Kenwood KDC-6051U
SPL Dynamics 6,5" 2-tie (6,5" mid + 1" tweeter), these are in doors.
Earthquake SWS-6,5 x2 little subwooders in the rear speaker places, will do glassfiber enclosures to the corners :)
Shakini
Progress to next rank:
27.3%

11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership

Postby Glovermx » Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:52 pm

Looking great! That new paint job looks like a quality job! :)
My Ongoing Vti Project Here
Glovermx
DelSolUK Site Admin
DelSolUK Site Admin

15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership

1992 Honda Delsol
Drives: 2004 Nissan 350Z Gun Metal Silver

Postby Shakini » Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:59 pm

glovermx wrote:Looking great! That new paint job looks like a quality job! :)

Thanks!

Dad's a professional, maybe due that. Couple of small mistakes, but nothing special tho, and those mistakes can be fixed easily.
Shakini
Progress to next rank:
27.3%

Postby Shakini » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:44 am

Also I bought Red D1Spec wheel lugs and valve caps with honda logo :D

Plans for this Sol:
-CAI, exhaust header
-rear mudflaps would be nice too
-interior refurbished, new seats (recaros or fake brides or something)
-tinted headlights (light black film already bought)
-fix those minor fails from paintjob
-sub enclosures
-then just keeping it going
-Type R PU lip from EK civic

What do you think?
Shakini
Progress to next rank:
27.3%

Postby Shakini » Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:03 pm

Washed properly at DIY wash place at gas station. Image quality is pure Samsung Galaxy SIII :D

Used:
Bilt Hamber Autofoam as a prewash (from pressure can)
Bilt Hamber Auto-Wash and washing mitt.

Wheels we're de-ironized with Wolf's Chemicals De-Ironizer and washed with BH AW + noodle mitt.
Photo taken at supermarket indoor parking hall (cold tho)
Shakini
Progress to next rank:
27.3%

Postby Shakini » Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:32 pm

Nothing special happened here, daily driving in finnish winter :D
Friday morning, to plug car into heater looked like this:

I was leaving to a skiing holiday and a cold term began so I decided to take a another trip to DIY wash hall:

After 30mins of washing and got back:

Looking for summer to lower it again and put the white wheels under it. Got a camber kit incoming from abroad, and something plans for the future including rear mud flaps, CAI, finishing the interior with new seats, steering wheel etc. Just need to graduate first from Uni of Applied Sciences... :roll:
Shakini
Progress to next rank:
27.3%

Postby Shakini » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:52 pm

The other tuners spent their time at Helsinki, 36th American Car show was held at Messukeskus. Also including own show for tuning cars. I decided to go home at easter and spent my time in a garage, finishing my Subwoofer enclosure.

These elements was about to get installed. Earthquake SWS 6,5" with 4ohm voice coil. A pair of these.

The closed enclosure is made of glass fiber, approx. 4,7 litres volume for each element, so almost 10 litres in total.
At first painted it black (for now, thinking to build the rear interior totally of glass fiber.)

Then it was easier to work without interior, so interior off, tools and mechanics IN.

The Kenwood had started to whine. So i had to do some grounding for RCA's and so on. No more extra sounds.
Elements got mounting hole pre drilled, some stuffing into enclosure. Elements wired and testing 8)
A rough testing setup:

Almost at the finish, getting interior assembled back.

I've got 6,5" 2-tie system at the front end, so decided to put the filters into glove box.

Interior is back again, for a while...

Some sort of "nice pic" xD

Shakini
Progress to next rank:
27.3%

Postby Shakini » Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:02 am

Woah it's been ages when i was here last time.

Time for bigger update :D
Made a bigger order to Netherlands, bought some parts to interior. Some parts came from ebay etc.

Current look at Oulu Hifi Tuning Show:

Some pics BEFORE the show, project ones:

Tin can wheels :lol:

Ugly Green filter LOL.

So some little done again, summary since last update:
-New seats (bride replicas low gias)
-Nardi wheel (fake tbh :D)
-Tweeters mounted to door cards, way better sound!
-Subwoofer enclosure upholstered by friend, subies now connect in 8 ohms by series connection(less power, but better sound)
-AKR Performance car mats
-Red/Clear taillights, clear part tinted with film
-headlights tinted
-Sidemarkers and indicator light tinted with tinting spray, the film didn't stretch as we thought.
-Car washed, waxed with Bilt Hamber Finis Wax :wink:

I think, that i forgot something, but might come up with those later. Thinking to build the rear part totally, mounting amplifiers and the other audio pieces there as a show installation. Harness bar would be nice too and 4-point safety belts. In my opinion the car is still a bit in tractor mode (high as hell), but now I don't have to worry so much when i'm driving it. Also been looking for new set of wheels. But those are just ideas, actually I started to consider to sell this, and get another japanese car instead of this, AWD ;).

Any thought, comments?

Eero
Shakini
Progress to next rank:
27.3%

Postby SiR_chris » Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:22 pm

Looking pretty mint mate, I do love the red with white wheel colour combo. 8)
I've been thinking of selling up too, but decided against it and finish her off. Keep us updated!
SiR_chris
DelSolUK Site Admin
DelSolUK Site Admin

19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership

1992 Honda Delsol
Drives: '92 H2B SiR, '02 CW DC5, '06 Black Sport Jazz

Postby C-Rex » Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:14 pm

Pictures from the show look great!!

What front splitter have you on it? Is it from an EG?
C-Rex
Progress to next rank:
67.7%

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Drives: 1992 Black SiR Del Sol

Postby Shakini » Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:03 pm

Sorry for late answer.

Splitter is Type-R look, bought from Netherlands (AKR-Performance).
Plug and play fitment on the front bumper, mounted with two screws, easy to take off before winter.

Next weekend I was thinking to change winter tires and alloys, raise the suspension to make the wheels fit :D It's too slippery to continue driving with summer tires on snowy/icy roads :D

Actually bought a new CD-receiver, Alpine CDE-178BT, awesome sound quality. Still need another amplifier and the rebuild the rear interior, to make it look cool. One more from the show ;)
At the moment I've got Rainbow BEAT4, 6,5" midbass + tweeters in the doors, 2 pieces of Earthquake 6,5" SWS subs. For the small cabin, that's enough really.

Yeah, it's weird how often you think to sell it but still decide to keep it. Here in Finland these two seater targas are very hard to sell, and due to the age of the car, you can't get any money from it...
Been looking for decent Mkiv Supra TT ;)

Also been thinking B-swap, but I consider it useless waste of money, del Sol is more for cruising around top down than racing to the limit for me :)
Shakini
Progress to next rank:
27.3%

Postby skinny_AL » Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:07 pm

very nice car mate. similar to mine :D
skinny_AL
Progress to next rank:
2%

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Drives: 1992 beautifule red delSol

Postby Shakini » Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:46 pm

Question: Thinking of buying new wheel with these specs

15"x7,5J and ET26, do i need to roll arches or get adjustable rear camber arms?
Tires will be 195/50R15, 195/45/R15 or 185/45R15... :D

What would be the best option?
Shakini
Progress to next rank:
27.3%

Postby SiR_chris » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:19 pm

You can adjust rear arms with washers just so you know.
I think you'll need to roll the arches for sure and pull them slightly if you dont want mad camber yo
SiR_chris
DelSolUK Site Admin
DelSolUK Site Admin

19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership

1992 Honda Delsol
Drives: '92 H2B SiR, '02 CW DC5, '06 Black Sport Jazz

Next

Return to Ongoing Projects