Steve's weekend toy Del sol (coming soon)

Doing lotsa work, or just replacing your bumper, tell us and show us here...

Moderators: kenco, SiR_chris, Glovermx, lxstuart, sol'd out, delsolchippy, Del sol 1997, Paulm, solman

Steve's weekend toy Del sol (coming soon)

Postby crazyasswhiteboi » Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:36 pm

Hi DelSolUK!

I bought this delsol a while back now, last year somewhen. Id been searching for a resonable milage delsol for a while with a manual roof and the d16 engine in it. So i went over there and had a look, the arches were slightly rusty but it was a good base so i bought it. The guy said it had a re-map, which was proved by the paper work and said it was running 148bhp which was a bonus and the plate he said i could have too, which was valued at £800 at the time. It had HID's but they broke on the way home which i wasnt happy about, so i just took it all out and put it back to standard to get me home. Heres some pictures of the first day i got it home.
The arches had a slight hole in them. which was patched up to pass mot, but is going in the body shop to get cut out and painted.

i received these a couple days after getting the car.But they were pretty hard, because they had 18k front and 16 rear. But now i have 10k and 8k on, it was too hard to drive around where i live, the roads are so bad.

So i put them on with some omni polished lca's and a chrome lower tie bar

I had also bought some xxr002's cheap brand new, but was just wondering what tyres to put on, so i bit the bullet and went with 195/45's they dont look to bad.

i bought a pair of s2000 seats of a friend and got them in, but ive only got a picture of when one was in , so that will have to do for the moment and had a dish steering wheel put in to. I did have a snap off kit aswell but i didnt know how high the driving postion would be so left it off for now.

i have done a few bits to the engine to, but i havnt got any pictures. But ive got an fse power boost valve, 4-2-1 japspeed manifold and de-cat,blue ht leads and a polished valve cover but theres still loads to do under the bonnet. Took the delsol up the strip in august and managed a low 17, but it was my first time and im pretty sure im a slow gear changer lol...i need more practise, but heres a few pictures.

At the moment im smoothing a front bumper off. im trying to do the whole Vgi bumper look, i gave up looking for one ages ago. Also the aerial is due to be smoothed off but will take some pictures when its done.

Heres my progress so far ....

The aim is to clean up the bay and sort out the body work, then turbo it later on. But this is a long way away....cheers for looking.
Last edited by crazyasswhiteboi on Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.
EJ2 SOLD
EJ9 SOLD
EH6 CURRENT

crazyasswhiteboi
Progress to next rank:
61.6%

11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership

1994 Honda Del Sol ESi

Re: steve's motegi blue Del sol

Postby Basley » Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:03 pm

Hey, nice colour del sol! Also loving the alloys looks staggered.
Basley
Progress to next rank:
78.8%

12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership

Drives: 1992 black SIR

Postby Paulm » Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:17 am

ditch the fse valve thing its not going to help much if anything at all apart from give you higher fuel consumption. what are you doing about the illegal wheels? good work on the bumper though, its a mission trying to fill those aux lights :)
Notice: If you notice this notice you will notice that this notice is not worth noticing.
Paulm
DelSolUK Site Admin
DelSolUK Site Admin

18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership

1992 Honda Delsol
Drives: 1992 greenish SIR B20

Postby crazyasswhiteboi » Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:55 am

Paulm wrote:ditch the fse valve thing its not going to help much if anything at all apart from give you higher fuel consumption. what are you doing about the illegal wheels? good work on the bumper though, its a mission trying to fill those aux lights :)
Basley wrote:Hey, nice colour del sol! Also loving the alloys looks staggered.

cheers, the wheels arnt staggerd there both 8j, but i know what you mean it does....erm im going to get front and rear camber arms to bring the tops in. I have been trying to sell them because i wanted something with less offset, but im going to give them a go. i felt that the fse boost valve helped, made the power more constant. Cheers the bumper is coming along, yeah big mission, but hopefully worth it. Thing is then ive got to get some h4 bulbs for the high and low beam, but was going to get new headlights to clean it up. Loads to do and no time at the moment.
EJ2 SOLD
EJ9 SOLD
EH6 CURRENT

crazyasswhiteboi
Progress to next rank:
61.6%

11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership

1994 Honda Del Sol ESi

Postby wdb » Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:37 pm

Looking good bud!!! the wheels definately give it a Stanced Euro sort of look and what steering wheel is that? I.o.w has some amazing places for photoshoots etc Used to go there every year for holidays :) Is one of those pics taken at fort victoria?
"car of wonder, speed of light, my sol will set the road alight, vtec reeling, what a feeling, loving the madness of hondas might"! :lol:

Honda Repair Centre...check us out:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Honda-Rep ... 6696614196
wdb
DelSolUK Moderator
DelSolUK Moderator

18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership

1992 Honda Delsol
Drives: 92 black (currently) SiR

Postby crazyasswhiteboi » Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:21 pm

wdb wrote:Looking good bud!!! the wheels definately give it a Stanced Euro sort of look and what steering wheel is that? I.o.w has some amazing places for photoshoots etc Used to go there every year for holidays :) Is one of those pics taken at fort victoria?

Thanks, im kind of going for a v.i.p look with the shiny wheels and leather interior, but i know what you mean. The steering wheel is a dish tenzo-R. Yep it certainly does , when we can get to them and yeah it is fort vic, nightmare to get down there though. Its stupid prices to get here now, but apparently the wightlink ferries might be getting taken over by a new company and will charge cheaper prices which will be a bonus!...
EJ2 SOLD
EJ9 SOLD
EH6 CURRENT

crazyasswhiteboi
Progress to next rank:
61.6%

1994 Honda Del Sol ESi

Postby Skyline Girl » Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:00 pm

Lovely example, love the colour too :) I love the smoothed off look on the front bumpers, hoping to get that done with mine :D
Skyline Girl
Progress to next rank:
80.8%

Drives: 1992 White Honda Del Sol ESI

Postby crazyasswhiteboi » Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:04 pm

Skyline Girl wrote:Lovely example, love the colour too :) I love the smoothed off look on the front bumpers, hoping to get that done with mine :D

thanks, i love the colour too, it was either this or a black or white one.... definatly a good look, the bumpers that already have it done are so hard to find. theres one on delsol owners club and the guy wants £250 for it, which is reasonable but posting it and then respraying it, is the costly thing....might aswell do it yourself lol
EJ2 SOLD
EJ9 SOLD
EH6 CURRENT

crazyasswhiteboi
Progress to next rank:
61.6%

1994 Honda Del Sol ESi

Re: Steve's Adriatic blue Del sol

Postby crazyasswhiteboi » Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:52 pm

i found a sneaky picture of under the bonnet.

This is what it currently looks like under the bonnet. But I'm back home nearer christmas and hoping to get a few bits sprayed up, for instance im hoping to do the valve cover gold and somehow take the intake manifold up and fuel rail and give them a clean up. Also ordering some gold tegiwa bolts and washers. Also when I get back I'm hoping to get the arches done by either a body work shop or if my dad has any time ask him, I'm crap with a welder and I'm sure my dad would go crazy if he saw me using his stuff :D.

Anyways this is what its looking like at the moment as i took my xxr's off before i left. I'm fed up of the stance look now and am hoping to get some rota slips or grids. Alot to do over christmas but hopefully i can work in the day on the car and work in the evening. Lets hope the weathers not too cold. Bladdy island gets all the crappy weather.

EJ2 SOLD
EJ9 SOLD
EH6 CURRENT

crazyasswhiteboi
Progress to next rank:
61.6%

1994 Honda Del Sol ESi

Postby bonkers » Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:33 pm

liking the blue ht leads and pipes ...thats what im after for wilma after this expensive time of year ..

sol'd out wrote: Keep the willy waving for the track!

I know more today than yesterday .....but less than tomorrow ....
bonkers
Chatty
Chatty
Progress to next rank:
51.8%

12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership

Drives: esi ..1993 ,white

Postby crazyasswhiteboi » Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:21 am

bonkers wrote:liking the blue ht leads and pipes ...thats what im after for wilma after this expensive time of year ..

yeah man, there not too pricy either. yeah christmas time is always a rubbish time for car bits, unless you get bought bits. Which my family and missus refuse to do lol they don't want to encourage me they say ....
EJ2 SOLD
EJ9 SOLD
EH6 CURRENT

crazyasswhiteboi
Progress to next rank:
61.6%

1994 Honda Del Sol ESi

Postby crazyasswhiteboi » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:02 am

I think I may have to keep the XXr's for the mot , the tyre's on there now have seen better days. With a bit of arch work and camber arms I should be able to fit them on nicely, its just how long will I keep them like that. Also I'm waiting for it to warm up weather wise so I can get it into the body shop for the arches to be done, I'm fed up of seeing rust on it, the body shop guy said he'd give it a full detail too for an extra £30-50. So should look the part when it comes out, I will be sure to take lots of shots lol.
EJ2 SOLD
EJ9 SOLD
EH6 CURRENT

crazyasswhiteboi
Progress to next rank:
61.6%

1994 Honda Del Sol ESi

Postby crazyasswhiteboi » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:02 pm

Evening all its been a while,

So after being off the road for a couple of years its time to get the sol back on the road. So this is the day I got the car back from the body shop after having the arches cut and treated then sprayed, pleased with the finish. But still a way to go till mot, so cambelt water pump and tensioner change before getting it back on the road. My friend who did the job said that my brakes had had it, the pads were down to the metal and the discs were scoured so luckily enough i had a second set which i have replaced with but whilst changing them i discovered both the calipers were seized which wasn't good news but i was kind of responsible for neglecting it for 2 years so thats where i am now fixing them. But the wheels will go back on once i have purchased some camber arms and had the arches rolled slightly. I did buy some bolt on arches but i cant face cutting new metal that has been welded in lol.

Ive also been spraying this \/ i had a spare cover laying around so I thought why not give it a go. Just waiting for the laquer to go off, but this shot was when i was putting paint on and then i shall get it on after ive buffed it...Ive got loads of other bits i have to swap and change but thats hopefully after mot and getting it back on the road, i just miss driving it. Ive also got one s2000 seat to swap over so im going to give that a go next week , should be fun.

EJ2 SOLD
EJ9 SOLD
EH6 CURRENT

crazyasswhiteboi
Progress to next rank:
61.6%

1994 Honda Del Sol ESi

Postby Danny_CS » Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:46 am

Looking good :) What colour is that I havent seen many Sols in that blue
Danny_CS
Progress to next rank:
69.7%

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

1994 Honda Civic Del Sol Si

Postby crazyasswhiteboi » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:27 pm

Danny_CS wrote:Looking good :) What colour is that I havent seen many Sols in that blue

Cheers :D its called adriatic blue, but apparently they call it motegi blue as well because they do a special edition sol in the colour with different extras. I do love the colour it was either this colour or a black one and and i got this at a steal of a price so got this one. But there could be a colour change on the cards for next year..not sure yet.
EJ2 SOLD
EJ9 SOLD
EH6 CURRENT

crazyasswhiteboi
Progress to next rank:
61.6%

1994 Honda Del Sol ESi

Next

Return to Ongoing Projects