Steve's weekend toy Del sol (coming soon)

Doing lotsa work, or just replacing your bumper, tell us and show us here...

Moderators: kenco, SiR_chris, Glovermx, lxstuart, sol'd out, delsolchippy, Del sol 1997, Paulm, solman

Re: Steve's Adriatic blue Del sol

Postby crazyasswhiteboi » Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:46 pm

Evening all,

So today i had a go at doing the s2000 seat conversion, was fun giving it ago. I found a decent step by step on hondatech by just typing it into google. The floor pan from the crx seat had some surface rust on it so i brillo padded it to keep it up together. The conversion took me about 2 1/2 hours but i wasn't rushing because it was my first time. Cant wait to put it in the sol will finish the interior of nicely. Heres just some pics of the mayhem through the day lol

ImageImage

All done and a scrap crx chair lol
EJ2 SOLD
EJ9 SOLD
EH6 CURRENT

crazyasswhiteboi
Progress to next rank:
61.6%

11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership

1994 Honda Del Sol ESi

Postby Preston » Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:11 am

wow what color is that blue? looks real sharp.
Eastcoastsols.com
Preston
Progress to next rank:
14.1%

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Postby SiR_chris » Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:43 pm

Lookin good dude

Oh and beautiful socks ;)
SiR_chris
DelSolUK Site Admin
DelSolUK Site Admin

19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership

1992 Honda Delsol
Drives: '92 H2B SiR, '02 CW DC5, '06 Black Sport Jazz

Postby crazyasswhiteboi » Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:31 pm

Preston wrote:wow what color is that blue? looks real sharp.

Thanks, its the adriatic blue i like it too :D

SiR_chris wrote:Lookin good dude

Oh and beautiful socks ;)

Cheers chris, haha your lucky there matching normally i dont bother. But for delsoluk I do lol
EJ2 SOLD
EJ9 SOLD
EH6 CURRENT

crazyasswhiteboi
Progress to next rank:
61.6%

11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership

1994 Honda Del Sol ESi

Postby crazyasswhiteboi » Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:54 pm

Evening!

So ive been pretty busy this week I took the calipers off to find that there seized FML came to mind so ive been sorting them out, s2000 seats in and spraying parts up. Luckily enough my awesome mechanic Karlos sorted me out, he had a spare pair of calipers which were not seized and saved my bacon. So whilst the calipers were off I decided to take my front coilovers off to swap over the springs which I'd be meaning to do for a while but had not got round to it the springs I were running were 18k on the front and were a bit hard when it came to the island roads which are really bad at the moment so I had ordered some 8k which should hopefully do the trick and also having them on there softest setting.

Cleaned up the forks whilst i was at it, to protect them and make them aesthetically more pleasing to the eye, not that you see them.

Oh i also got the s2000 seat in , looks and feels cool! Needed a bit of man handling when getting the bolts to line up, ofcourse i was the man to do it, so no problems there lol

So with my make shift spray booth in my dads shed i got to work spraying my calipers, carriers in gold to match my rocker cover and my front strut. I found a honda civic grey that I hadn't used in a while which was from an old uni project so I used that on my strut instead of the horrible you've been tangoed orange that is was currently( it should be a crime) came out not too bad.

So then these arrived in the post, some gather speaker covers and centre part wrapped in suede , i thought it would be a nice touch inside. Just have to work out how they go in now, that will be a fun day.

Then after waiting another couple of days, these arrived.....

So i could now put everything back together on the car and get those arches wax oiled, The guy at the body shop only had clear wax oil so thats what i have so you cant really see it in the picture. But ive used a 500ml can on the front two arches and have another for the rear. Heres a pic of it all bolted on \/ .......I just need to get this shitty cataylic converter back on and wax oil the rear arches before i can put it into MOT. But im loving the stiffness of the new brake pedal due to the braided lines, cant wait to get driving again.

So next update should be an mot lol how boring!
EJ2 SOLD
EJ9 SOLD
EH6 CURRENT

crazyasswhiteboi
Progress to next rank:
61.6%

1994 Honda Del Sol ESi

Postby crazyasswhiteboi » Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:40 pm

UPdate Alert!

So I managed to get the cataylic converter on turned out the threads needed rethreading. I also had some dress up bolts I had bought from a while back so I put them on but have ordered more as I only had 12.

The front springs that I put on were a lot softer than expected and dropped the car lower than I thought so im going to have to raise it up a little this is how it is at the moment. \/

It's way too low, the wheels are rubbing on the inner lining when turning slightly. So raising it up was the next thing. Problem after problem, my bonnet catch isnt working now, it wont shut so that's another thing and I went and put something in my glovebox and that snapped off too ..... its all fun!

Oh and my lower tie bar has gone to monkey pile too, all the finish has peeled of so il be looking for another one soon, not bothered at the moment too much with winter...

-[ Next Day ]-

Sorted the suspension out, raised it by 4cm hopefully it will be a bit more suitable. Bonnet catch is still a work in progress. However I started reading up on leaky boots because mine suffered from it when it was on the road and it came down to my drains were blocked so as inquistive as I am I started to remove the sail panel, 2 broken clips down and the left side is off only to find this.....

Zoom In ++++

You cant even see the hole to drain because its blocked to fook with natures finest!....being a big problem this is another thing that needs to be sorted so that's tomorrows job. Hopefully I will get back on the road...one day! .... and to all the delsol guys its horrible taking the sail panel off if its never been off, because you hear lots of cracking and then snaps...

Also turns out the rubber nipple exit for the drains had sealed itself up which gave the invention of drains pointless. So i cut the excess nipple bit off an the water flowed through nicely! sorted!
EJ2 SOLD
EJ9 SOLD
EH6 CURRENT

crazyasswhiteboi
Progress to next rank:
61.6%

1994 Honda Del Sol ESi

Previous

Return to Ongoing Projects