My new Del Sol VTI

Doing lotsa work, or just replacing your bumper, tell us and show us here...

Moderators: kenco, SiR_chris, Glovermx, lxstuart, sol'd out, delsolchippy, Del sol 1997, Paulm, solman

My new Del Sol VTI

Postby Gerry » Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:35 pm

Hey people how goes it.
Since the last time I've really been on this I have gotten my self a VTI :modern big grin: just a good bit more fun than my esi (which is now being broken PM me if you want anything).
I got a good deal on the VTI £1000 It was at 84k, transtop wasn't working a poorly done smoothing of radio antenna and a couple of small other things. Its in blue oval rust bag Radiant Red.

Since having it I have sorted the Transtop, put on my long arm intake from my esi, and started to take out the grey on black interior in place for the black on black from esi.
Next couple of things to do are : finish black on black swap, get esi seats in, get fiber glass patches sorted and put on my gold d2 lower control arms from esi.

Over all plan is who knows yet, I've been reading up on a few different things. One that has caught my eye is an 200ish BHP all motor build on the B16. I'm not to fussed about super size figures Just a little more than stock for a little more fun :wink: but that's after other stuff is sorted.

Well for the pictures

The fiber glass patch

My esi

Ill try and get more pictures at some point as I said if anybody needs anything from my esi PM me. ill get a topic up on the breaking thread
Gerry
Regular
Regular
Progress to next rank:
28.3%

13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership

Drives: 1994 Del Sol VTI blue oval rust bag Radiant Red

Re: My new Del Sol VTI

Postby wayner » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:46 pm

Quickest and cheapest way of getting 200bhp from the car is do what i did and drop in B18c6 engine, if you wanting to get 200bhp from the B16 it'll cost you twice the money of a C6 engine conversion as i looked into this before i did my C6 conversion
it don't matter if you win by an inch or a mile winning is winning!!!
wayner
Progress to next rank:
76.8%

11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership

Drives: CRX DEL SOL B18c6 VTI. DEL SOL B18c4

Postby Gerry » Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:35 pm

From what I was reading on a few of the forums state side is that upgrading the internals will make the engine stronger and in turn last that bit longer. I know there was a DVD floating around on the subject. This is doing an engine build you can buy it in bits (easier for me as im rotten in saving money)

Also I quite like the idea of having a 200 b16
Gerry
Regular
Regular
Progress to next rank:
28.3%

13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership

Postby tubbyandy » Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:25 am

200 from a B16 will be ALOT of cash and work. For the cost of a 200bhp high comp B16 you could have a low blow turbo set-up running more power. I agree with Wayne. Get a C6 in it and then look at tuning that if you want more :-)
The Sol has passed on but its 370bhp heart is soon to live on in a MK2 CRX track car :-)

298.7whp (350-370bhp) + 220wtrque @ .9BAR GT3071r with more to come on the new build
tubbyandy
DelSol UK Addict!
DelSol UK Addict!
Progress to next rank:
83.1%

17 years of membership17 years of membership17 years of membership17 years of membership17 years of membership17 years of membership17 years of membership17 years of membership17 years of membership17 years of membership17 years of membership17 years of membership17 years of membership17 years of membership17 years of membership17 years of membership17 years of membership

Postby Gerry » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:22 pm

Hey people been a while.
I have recently gotten my little fiberglass patch sorted, when it was sanded down it was discovered that rather be welded on a previous owner and riveted it on instead. there has also been a replacement arch fitted also fitted on and under 6 mm of filler :S well the guys up at IA Body-shop in Glasgow (next door to Performance Tek i'm sure) sorted it for £320 and now it has 2 good sides :D would recommend them.

Before

After

Well since driving the car around I have changed my plans for it for the time being. I'm quite liking the B16 at the moment so i'm just gonna stick with it as is prob with the usual bolt on modifications at some point down the line and forget about my crazy dream :oops: 200hp from the engine idea in previous post. I'm going to concentrate on handling modifications 1st one up is getting a full poly bush kit fitted between now and Xmas and a couple of braces. It's due also due a service so I'm gonna chuck in some Iridium Plugs and a Hamp filter along with the usual stuff. Its developed a leak from the sump gasket so that needs replaced and I'm thinking whilst its off I may as well baffle the sump. Then who knows what next
Gerry
Regular
Regular
Progress to next rank:
28.3%

Postby Basley » Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:16 am

Looks smooth, Liking the de-badged look.
What exhaust is that? It's angled right?
Basley
Progress to next rank:
78.8%

12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership

Drives: 1992 black SIR

Postby Gerry » Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:44 pm

Its a custom one previous owner got it from a place around Glasgow called C+C customs or something like that I'm sure he said it was £300ish. Nah it's deliberately off angle I quite like it like that
Gerry
Regular
Regular
Progress to next rank:
28.3%

Postby Basley » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:49 am

I like it! If you ever decide to sell it would you let me know :) I've got some 3inch canon on mine. Lol
Basley
Progress to next rank:
78.8%

12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership

Drives: 1992 black SIR

Postby Gerry » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:36 am

i had an ebay baddie on my old one can't beat them
Gerry
Regular
Regular
Progress to next rank:
28.3%

Postby crazyasswhiteboi » Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:17 pm

smoothed aerial looks ace, thats my next mod when i get my arches done.... looks in good condition your sol. Whats next?
EJ2 SOLD
EJ9 SOLD
EH6 CURRENT

crazyasswhiteboi
Progress to next rank:
61.6%

11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership

1994 Honda Del Sol ESi

Postby Gerry » Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:59 pm

Just got a few bits and bobs delivered the day

Shell oil, rocker gasket, skunk cam seal, Hamp filter, iridium plugs, Tegiwa magnetic sump screw, tegiwa sump baffle, sump gasket

crazyasswhiteboi wrote:smoothed aerial looks ace, thats my next mod when i get my arches done.... looks in good condition your sol. Whats next?

The next thing im going for is a master bush kit and coilovers well thats the plan see how money plays out
Gerry
Regular
Regular
Progress to next rank:
28.3%

Postby Gerry » Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:06 pm

It has been a little while since I've updated this. Since last post I have bought a couple of new things sorted valve clearnces and tappets and other general maintenance here is some recentish pictures

new buddy club wheels fitted.

I also got some gold Tegiwa engine bay washers ( look like pound coins lol)

Representing my local car club:wink:

Couple of other pictures from the day

This one shows that the paint put on the rear quater panel is a couple shades off :(

Since pictures where taken I have fitted a gold jdm password rad stay and a skunk 2 battery tie.

At the moment I have 282mm front and 260mm read calipers, 1"mc and servo sitting here waiting for rest of big brake upgrade stuff to join them(pads and discs) Im currently part of a group buy with clan japan for some transparent red hel brake lines (I can direct you to the group buy if any of you wanna jump on the wagon.

On its way in the post I have a 5 wink mirror and k1 racing leads. I shall up date when they arrive :)
Gerry
Regular
Regular
Progress to next rank:
28.3%

Postby solman » Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:53 pm

Good work Gerry, looking smart!
Did you know DSUK are on:

Image Image Image Image

solman
DelSolUK Site Admin
DelSolUK Site Admin

18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership

Drives: Crystal Black FK8

Postby Gerry » Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:11 pm

Cheers buddy. Hopeing to have it pretty decent for JAE and also maybe hit Knockhill a couple of times during summer :)
Gerry
Regular
Regular
Progress to next rank:
28.3%

Postby Gerry » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:07 pm

So i eventually got round to upgrading the brakes.

So it now has
282 fronts and 260 rears
1" master cyclinder

I got the the the front calipers from a Prelude and the rears came from an Integra.
The discs are those from an MG ZR 180 (prelude ones need drilled to fit as they are 4x114)
The master cylinder is from an Integra.

Rear discs old and new

Rear caliper

Rear disc

Me fitting front carrier I had it on and off about 5 times grinding it down as the MG discs are wider than lude ones

Integra servo in place. pain to fit had to eventually remove the abs resovior to get it on and mate got fluid everywhere the clown :P

1" MC fitted

made up new brake line

All fitted and assembled

It does brake a good bit better now especially with the new MC. There was a few days between Brakes and MC getting fitted and there was a little bit of travel in pedal also feels less spongy. Although I could get better pads and discs at some point but these will do for the time being. The brakes also fill out the wheels quite nicely Ill get a pic next time I'm out.

Braided brakes lines and brake stopper may be next. Although I may just start putting money by on the off chance a Daytona interior turns up. If any of you come across one let me know :D
Gerry
Regular
Regular
Progress to next rank:
28.3%

Next

Return to Ongoing Projects