My VTI B16a2 del sol

Doing lotsa work, or just replacing your bumper, tell us and show us here...

Moderators: kenco, SiR_chris, Glovermx, lxstuart, sol'd out, delsolchippy, Del sol 1997, Paulm, solman

Re: My VTI B16a2 del sol

Postby bradders » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:12 am

east London!
bradders

Postby Russ123 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:54 am

Be a bit to far i was hoping youd be closer. The bubble kit i left behind was the same gutted i should have made it fit in my car or should have gone back for it. Heres the bumper i did get.
Russ123

Postby Russ123 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:24 am

I notice you havnt got front lower spot lights , this one had.
Russ123

Postby bradders » Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:45 pm

Mines a UK model? Think yours was a sir?
bradders

Postby Russ123 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:51 pm

No the one i stripped was a uk VTi
Russ123

Postby bradders » Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:09 pm

arghgh my account died so im back on this one lol! i want them fogs!
bradders
Regular
Regular
Progress to next rank:
13.5%

11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership

Drives: Frost white VTI

Postby bradders » Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:10 pm

Samll update, exhaust is on and is rediculously loud because its touching the bodywork underneath and vibrating the whole car!
bradders
Regular
Regular
Progress to next rank:
13.5%

11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership

Postby bradders » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:47 am

Anyway heres a few pics people got of my car at trax, shame about the yellow 1.1 saxo lol

no mods this month, bit of a tight one what with all the shows and insurance to pay :(
bradders
Regular
Regular
Progress to next rank:
13.5%

Postby bradders » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:37 am

Went to Alan @ solid fabrications last night, oh my i've never seen such good welding lol i was amazed at all the GTR exhaust he had waiting to go, he made me a new decat, refit my whole exhaust and put a few extra lengths into the pipe so it doesnt touch the chassis anymore! only cost £80 and we was there a good 2 and a half hours! i cant rate him more! ill get some pics later!
bradders
Regular
Regular
Progress to next rank:
13.5%

Postby bradders » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:43 am

Heres some of his exhausts!

bradders
Regular
Regular
Progress to next rank:
13.5%

Postby bradders » Fri May 10, 2013 9:48 am

Long time no seee peopleee!!!

Huuge update on the sol, it's been off the road since december :'( but all for good reason! I've been driving around in a shitty vitara for months which i had to rebuild the engine when i got it which was a good learning experience! anyways... i'll copy and paste the updates from another forum again lol. only just remembered my password for here and i missed the site :p

Firstly i bought a new rocker..

Took it to a few meets it got some cool attention

Then the buying began

Weldings pretty good

IC needs a clean though, only bought it as it came off a honda civic eg which is same chassy so will fit perfect.

after a trip to birmingham at a spur of the moment dash, i left at 4 in the afternoon after getting an email from something i found.... at a price that was silly to say no to.

So as of now my turbo kit so far consists of:

T04e Hybrid turbo
Downpipe with attached screamer pipe
Wastegate
2 x turbo manifolds lol
oil feed lines to the turbo
Custom rocker cover with welded breathers
A Pillar gauge pod
Boost gauge
Oil pressure gauge
Electronic turbo timer
manual boost controller
Oil catch tank
Intercooler
Boost pipes
and BOV.

Whats left..

Some breathers
Injectors and ECU

:D happy bunny.

heres what i bought, yes i know its off a D series..

Heres some pics of the stuff i've got so far, ignore the WHU wallpaper and rug, you wont see it but the curtains and lampshade and alarm clock are also whu lol. bare in mind, since my mum and dad split when i was 9, my room has never changed at my dads as i hardly stay there lol. anyway heres all the bits and bobs:

heres the turbo on the old manifold

then on the new one :D

so we got to work...

Had a pretty productive day on saturday... after previously removing the induction piping and cone and selling it, it all started with the hulk (nelly) single handedly detaching the bumper without any removal of any bolts like a baws!! (not really we undone them all)

As me and James had a little swapsies his harnesses plus my manifold + cash his way (still owe him that lol) we first proceeded to remove the manifold and downpipe.

Manifold off

After that it was time to put the snail in the bay, she only just about fit! need to move the oil cooling lines as they just about touch it! could get away with a slight bend in the pipes.

attached the oil feed to the turbo, couldnt get the oil switch out the back with only a halfords tool kit to hand! socket just wasnt deep enough! however i'm going to relocate the throttle cable which meant the oil feed fits perfect in the holder! so good it looks standard!

we then proceeded to test fit the pipework which as these cars are so epic, there is no need to cutting holes in the body work (vegas ;) ) as the standard box already goes through a hole already done! supprisingly it fit pretty well, the front bumper wont need much cutting at all, although i think i need a small windscreen washer bottle as i didnt notice it hold 5000l of water lol its huge!!!

Will have to work on replaceing/moving that when i get back on the 21st!

Oh we fitted the BOV too!

then we fitted the curve to the intercooler which also fit well, just needed to trim the plactic lining in front of the wheel literally about 25cm of it and it fit snug!

Thats as far as we got in the end! im guessing the other half will be a bit harder as obviously my turbo sits slightly different to the D series in which the pipework came from!

Hopefully should be done by the end of next month at least as all i have left to do is as follows:

ECU
Injectors
Oil Return
Fuel pump
Breather pipes
Fit catch tank.

ANd it should be ready for a mapping session :D

Now fitted.

Bit close to the floor mind..

then had a bit of a what looks better moment..

In place of the fans:

Pillar pod:
Image[/QUOTE]

Thats as far as i am at the moment, had some trouble with my paypal, which delayed fuel pump for a week or so, also oil drain is in the post all arriving today or monday, erm all thats left to get are some breather pipes, some injectors and get the base map on the ecu. then she's ready to for a going over and maybe crank that beast.

Cheers. sorry for the long update!
bradders
Regular
Regular
Progress to next rank:
13.5%

Postby Glovermx » Fri May 10, 2013 6:11 pm

Great update fella! :)
My Ongoing Vti Project Here
Glovermx
DelSolUK Site Admin
DelSolUK Site Admin

15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership

1992 Honda Delsol
Drives: 2004 Nissan 350Z Gun Metal Silver

Postby bradders » Wed May 15, 2013 1:34 pm

Cheers dude, just had delivery of fuel pump, also half fitted the oil drain and just purchased 440cc injectors yellow tops from an evo with resistor box :)
bradders
Regular
Regular
Progress to next rank:
13.5%

Postby battscrxvti » Wed May 15, 2013 5:51 pm

looking good dude , like the wheels ive just picked up a set of rotas thinking of spraying white myself
crx del sol breaker , also window tinting service
07749 478279 - karl
battscrxvti
DSUK LEGEND
DSUK LEGEND

18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership

1993 Honda crx del sol sir
Drives: 1993 captiva blue vti

Postby SiR_chris » Wed May 15, 2013 9:34 pm

Am I right in saying you are not upgrading the internals prior to fitting the turbo? Sorry If I missed it in the earlier posts

Oh and those 'oil' hardlines close to the turbo is the powersteering cooler if that's what you were referring to :)
SiR_chris
DelSolUK Site Admin
DelSolUK Site Admin

19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership

1992 Honda Delsol
Drives: '92 H2B SiR, '02 CW DC5, '06 Black Sport Jazz

PreviousNext

Return to Ongoing Projects