My VTI B16a2 del sol

Doing lotsa work, or just replacing your bumper, tell us and show us here...

Moderators: kenco, SiR_chris, Glovermx, lxstuart, sol'd out, delsolchippy, Del sol 1997, Paulm, solman

Re: My VTI B16a2 del sol

Postby bradders » Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:47 pm

Not posted in a while, heres a few updates from another project thread on civic life:

Not been on for a while, couple bits changed, I got a hks EBC which im not sure if it works or not because my wastegate has been sticking, and I managed to fix that but as I can now hit more than 3psi I smashed it to 11 before realising its on a 7psi map. this caused a fuelling issue and a tear in the BOV diaphragm, which caused the map sensor to think the car was idling at 0psi lol. so it was fuelling like a bitch! I've ordered a new Greddy BOV, I think the power issue has caused a bit of trouble with the turbo as the oil is now a bit fuelly, I need to do an oil change and see as its smoking a little on boost.
However... had the mapper come round monday, he sorted the fuelling issue, disabled the lamba as this was causing issues to, we temporarily blocked off the bov and its running sweet again, Its not smoking on idle anymore like it was (overfuelling) although its still smoking a bit but when driving hard but we didnt drive very far in it, so it couldnt really give it a good boot to clean it out however its still going lol, yes I know its amazing, an ebay turbo second hand in my car has made over 1500 miles and still going strong! who would have thought lol.

Wastegate I thought was fixed but has failed again, keeps jamming open so I'm after another one of them, the one I have is an ebay one but was standing for about a year in someones garden before I purchased it lol. I'm gonna need to temp fix it again until a new one arrives other than that its hitting 8psi nicely now, since the fuelling map to and the blanking of the lamba sensor, I'm getting around 420 miles to a tank, which compared to 170 2 weeks ago is a right money save lol!
Once the BOV and wastegate are fully sorted, I've ordered some 510cc injectors, a new clutch will be ordered, current one is ok but want more torque so stage 1 is needed, oem handles ok but im worried about launching it haha, then another remap will take place, I'll be pushing for 9psi around 295bhp and 260lb of torque (current figures my friend has with the same set up).
Also looking at a new look for the front end, seen a white civic plain white with a spoon lip I believe and its given me the motive to look more track/agressive so I've ordered some winglets and going to get some canards, I'm removing the bubble lip, im looking for a spoon or similar front lip to go with it, also need some coilovers! although my boost pipe needs raising and water washer bottle needs halving!
will update most of this shite over the winter!

Small update... been a busy and expensive week lol!!! so far bought this week, its going for a new look so I bought some winglets. I then bought a silicone gloss black hose kit... then I got a little carried away, bought a new BOV, a new waste gate, a 3 bar map sensor and some 510cc injectors :/ then maybe taking it for another mapping session on saturday :/ farrkkk lol. all costing more than I earn lmao! remap looking to see near to 300 bhp. Left to buy: new silicone couplings for boost pipes, I want black not blue lol, new splitter, remove bubble kit, add a rear difuser looking for more agressive/track look! cant wait lol. oh probably picking up some carbon wings and a bonnet too within the month too!

This is pretty much where im at, casr is now running around 295bhp. will be pushing for over 300 in jan as i've got a 3 bar map and bigger injectors to go on. :D Happy days!
bradders
Regular
Regular
Progress to next rank:
13.5%

11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership

Drives: Frost white VTI

Postby bstarky1981 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:42 pm

Had a quick look though looks really nice buddy. Ive got loads to upload but just aint had time. Good work.
My project so far---- viewtopic.php?f=37&t=33437
bstarky1981
Regular
Regular
Progress to next rank:
42%

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

1993 Honda CRX Del Sol VXi
Drives: 1993, blue, crx delsol 1.6 vtec

Postby bradders » Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:35 pm

Cheers buddy! :D
bradders
Regular
Regular
Progress to next rank:
13.5%

11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership

Postby bradders » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:42 pm

Now for sale people! £2750, can write full spec if anyones interested? still running great at 9psi hitting just under 300 bhp!! Just had a service oil plugs etc.. just been taxed for 6 months too!

Open to offers but no P/x, going for a 350z!

bradders
Regular
Regular
Progress to next rank:
13.5%

Postby bradders » Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:07 am

Still for sale! open to offers!
bradders
Regular
Regular
Progress to next rank:
13.5%

Previous

Return to Ongoing Projects