My VTI B16a2 del sol

Doing lotsa work, or just replacing your bumper, tell us and show us here...

Moderators: kenco, SiR_chris, Glovermx, lxstuart, sol'd out, delsolchippy, Del sol 1997, Paulm, solman

My VTI B16a2 del sol

Postby bradders » Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:11 pm

Hi all i'm copying this from another website so bear with me if it dont make sense lol!

I had low expectations from what i saw in the tiny pictures, but still i thought it might be worth a shot, i got there and it looked awesome, the more i looked around the better it started looking, i started firing some questions, seeing as it only had 57k on the clock..

It was his sisters from new, she bought it from a dealership and couldnt keep up the payments on it... so many moons ago he took it off her hands and paid all the payments off, and since its been sat on his drive doing nothing. he works long hours so don't get a chance to get it on the road, he looked sad to see it go even quenching a look over the fence when we towed it off!

I looked in the boot, i saw an amp wired in professionally (very neatly done all wire tidy) and i thought well theres no sub? turns out the stereo runs to the amp which powers the 4 kenwood uprated speakers in the corners, i have the receipt for £660.72 for stereo and amp purchase and installation!

The ashtray was missing, he said oh wait i have that indoors, i bought it from honda last month, cost me £160... oh dear lord. also the 3rd brake light £120 all bought from honda! i got all the manuals but no service history, we are going to keep in touch as he is moving home and has boxed up the paper work.

Sorry to drag it out but im exited about this beast, here's more about the spec.

It's a Honda Civic Crx Del sol VTI (bit of a mouthful) its the Uk model which is 8bhp less than the import (easily sorted) and £800 less on the insurance lol

Its a b16 engine 160bhp standard. the car weighs 1050 kilos so you can imagine how quick it is (i couldnt keep up with one in the mr2 against an automatic)

Its in old english white kinda cream looking white colour, it has the bubble lip which i've always wanted to do anyway but its a bonus its already there. This is going to be my project as of now. This will be my car for at least 2-3 years, that dont mean i wont buy others in the meantime Anyone who is interested in the mr2, i'll let it go for around £600 to anyone on here, possibly less.

Anyway on to some pictures..

On the tow bar

then randoms

Ill get more wednesday night as i will be giving her the first clean :) then full service, brakes bled, small unpainted parts painted (guy repaired all the door sills of rust etc.. just left in primer) then onto some modding in the engine bay!
bradders

Re: My VTI B16a2 del sol

Postby bradders » Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:12 pm

Ok so i gave her a good 'ol wash last night! got rid of all the greens,leaves and fungus in all the nooks and crannies lol! (she has been standing for 18 months) and i can say i am very pleased. theres only 1 bit of rust that needs looking at! all the other bits have been done! Here she is!

i think the rear quarter looks slightly mismatched butt.. i think thats because of the dark primer its messes with your eyes lol...

Spent alot of time on the car yesterday, really just giving it a general tidy up! Firstly down the paint shop to get the paint matched seeing as there are 6 different shades of frost white :/ lol, anyway got that sorted, most of the sills where in primer and the door sills to! and a small piece of rust was bubbling on the rear arch! not anymore! its all sorted no rust anywhere! i also took my time on the underneath and inside the rear wheel arches! Undersealed everything, i'll let the pics do some talking! Oh i also removed the bubble lip as its going black after a photoshop of my car i am deffinately doing what has been done in the shop lol Here:

Cheers.

Before

After

Before

After

aslo in that last pic you can see the rust hole on the rear of the sill, thats not gone! Heres some pics of the sills all done

From this pic you can see where it was in primer before hand

I'll get some more snaps tonight as i've done most of the underneath too and tonight im doing the front arch linings and underneath the front too!

B.

I'll get more of the other side later!
bradders

Postby bradders » Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:12 pm

Got them :D

£250 bargain the tyres have to be worth that!

Few updates, she's now ready for the road! not finished but MOT ready lol! spent a bit of time on her lately, cleaned the whole inside big time! took seats out to clean them up to! cleaned the engine bay! and a couple of sketches i done in my spare time :p ahah i also sprayed the door locks on the inside of the sill black as everything else is black and white and thats chrome lol

bradders

Postby bradders » Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:13 pm

another update, seats back in all clean(ish) lol the bubble lip is sprayed :) and i test fitted on the sides!

Heres a few pics :)

test fit

Next onthe list is to do the wheels in white!
bradders

Postby bradders » Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:14 pm

ok small update... not! Big one!! lol Picture heavy! i'll let them do the talking!

Prepped and started spraying the slips!

Heres a comparison to the new colour and old colour (unlaquered)

Mid way shot

finished and Laquered

then onthe car :) with new dice dust caps to match the black/white theme!

Aslo attached the bubble lip back on :)

My new car friend sticker lol

And my favourite shot of the night!!

bradders

Postby bradders » Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:15 pm

Anyhoee.... special arrival woop! didnt think they would be here until today or next week! as delivery time was 6 days! but they came in 2! so much for all this olympic shite making delays! i've never had such a quiet journey to work!

And heres just another pic from last night of the car!

Anyway also took her out last night for the first time in possibly over 3 years! cars been off the road for so long and i must say it drove beautiful! steering is soo much more responsive than the mr2 it was pretty hard to keep it in a straight line for long lol! anyway.. we pulled into a private road ;) and i put my toe down, i was quite dissapointed it didnt really shift that quick until i put my head down to look at the speedo and realised i was doing 105mph... holy monkey pile it felt like i was going 50mph lol! such a smooth drive and picks up soo quick! coming onto the A road (70mph) from a slip road, i was in second gear put my toe down and i was doing 60 before i changed to 3rd! then the bad times rolled..

after 30 miles into my journey the engine management light came on... but the car still ran perfect! i need to do the paperclip test later to see what the problem was, but after pulling over stopping then restarting it the light was off again, i can only think it might be the lambda sensor as the exhaust had ALOT of condensation in it!

OVerall super sexy and a great drive lol!
bradders

Postby bradders » Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:16 pm

Wow forgot that i hadnt updated in here lol!

Heres a couple of shots from USC, ignore the spongebob hat, we all bought kiddy themed hats i.e songebob, cookie monstor, elmo etc.. oh and the car has aqquired a mootang ahaha i think it looks great!

NElly

Both

Also, just bought this full manifold back system, yes i too hate the back box, but he wont split, its 4-2-1, decat and cat back 2.5" system, all for a measley £250! i was looking at buying the manifold for £150 on its own lol so thought i'd get the lot

Then from the same guy, hopefully after payday i'll be getting these

Leather s2000 seats :)

Oh got this yesterday too, bit mucky but its unused, £5 from the booty :p

Then yesterday afternoon, we done a bit of work on dad's etype, had to get mine in the background :p

bradders

Postby bradders » Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:17 pm

Thats as far as im at atm! Just been told the exhaust has been collected so should be here tomorrow :) (wednesday) hope you enjoy!
bradders

Postby solman » Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:30 pm

Did the VTi come with that option pack Lip and alloys as well then? I thought it was just ESi's, looks very good now you've started to tidy it up! I might get around to fitting my OEM lip kit if its dry over the weekend
Did you know DSUK are on:

Image Image Image Image

solman
DelSolUK Site Admin
DelSolUK Site Admin

18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership

Drives: Crystal Black FK8

Postby bradders » Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:54 pm

The lip was a factory option and so where the alloys :)
bradders

Postby johnrnugent » Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:15 pm

This is looking tidy and the black bubble kit look cool.... Do you not have any Mudflaps!!!!
johnrnugent
DSUK Jester
DSUK Jester

14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership

Drives: Honda Jazz Sport. RED VTi TT

Postby bradders » Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:41 pm

I'd love mud flaps but I've been told they won't fit over the lip kit?
bradders

Postby Russ123 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:30 pm

I didnt realise that about bubble kits etc i left one behind the other week gutted . Ive still got the rear bumper bit ohh well
Russ123

Postby Russ123 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:31 pm

bradders wrote:I'd love mud flaps but I've been told they won't fit over the lip kit?

True the one i stripped had no mud flaps , ive got some front civic 1.8 vtis mud flaps you might be able to make fit. Love white Sols if i do keep mine that will be my colour next year
Russ123

Postby Russ123 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:22 am

where are you based id love you to get all my parking dents out with that rubber hammer of yours
Russ123

Next

Return to Ongoing Projects