my del sol ...

Doing lotsa work, or just replacing your bumper, tell us and show us here...

Moderators: kenco, SiR_chris, Glovermx, lxstuart, sol'd out, delsolchippy, Del sol 1997, Paulm, solman

my del sol ...

Postby bonkers » Tue May 08, 2012 3:02 pm

well i have been here for a little while now and have learned more in that time than i ever thought possible ..thanks to all the good people here .... :D :D

my sol was handed to me in a sorrowful state as pics do show ..welding work is a high priority after my hols at end of month ...

so with a little bit of love i intend to transform her into the beauty she once was ... 8) 8) 8)

most stuff ive done so far cant be seen externally but i know ive done it so thats all that matters ... :D :D :D

changed oil filter and oil..air filter ..spark plugs ..
fitted new battery ..
new wipers ...
security devices stop it being pinched ...
new stereo and amp ...(work in progress that one is)
new manifold and lambda sensor ...(fitted by skitz as i watched and drank tea and asked questions like magnus magnuson)

learned how to safely remove door cards thanks to pink ladys hubby :D :D so i can change the central locking unit ..and put in new speakers whilst i was there

and today done my first piece of work alone ....replaced broken aux light ....some might say easy ...anything is only easy if you know how..so im happy with my little progress im making ...
after seeing how long others have been working on there beloved motors i see i am in for a long hard stressful journey ....but its fun and im enjoying it so far .... :wink: :wink:

before

after
one less job on my to do list ....

the wife has named her WILMA as she says its like driving in a car from the flintstones :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
will update this thread as and when ....little and often is the way i hope to do it ... 8) 8) 8)

sol'd out wrote: Keep the willy waving for the track!

I know more today than yesterday .....but less than tomorrow ....
bonkers
Chatty
Chatty
Progress to next rank:
51.8%

12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership

Drives: esi ..1993 ,white

Re: my del sol ...

Postby bonkers » Thu May 10, 2012 9:54 pm

sourced my replacement arches today and the person who is going to do it !!!
he only happens to be a childhood friend of the wifes :wink: :wink: she was looking through faceachebook the other day and said ..oooh i forgot about him he does spraying stuff ... :lol: :lol: :lol:
indeed he does has his own business no less so went for a chat today and all is good ..have found these arches ...Image
they appear to be the same as the ones from 12 tune but only a bit cheaper :D :D
http://shop.12tune.com/browse-by-parts/bodywork-oem/rear-wheel-arch-left-oem-replacement-for-honda-del-sol-1992-1998.html

and now just have to wait till get back from my hols and arrange for them to be done ....
going to fit them and just paint them black as next year he has agreed to respray whole car for me 8) 8) ...
today has been a good day for the future of wilma :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
anybody in the peterborough cambridge area needs work doing i can always point you in his direction :wink: :wink:

bonkers
Chatty
Chatty
Progress to next rank:
51.8%

12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership

Postby sol'd out » Thu May 10, 2012 10:35 pm

I thought the missus said you weren't allowed to spend any more money on Wilma? ;)
sol'd out
DelSolUK Hero
DelSolUK Hero

16 years of membership16 years of membership16 years of membership16 years of membership16 years of membership16 years of membership16 years of membership16 years of membership16 years of membership16 years of membership16 years of membership16 years of membership16 years of membership16 years of membership16 years of membership16 years of membership

1996 Honda Delsol
Drives: 1996 frost white VGi

Postby bonkers » Sat May 12, 2012 5:20 pm

not till after hols ali ..but this money was side lined before she said that ...

bonkers
Chatty
Chatty
Progress to next rank:
51.8%

Postby bonkers » Thu May 17, 2012 8:43 pm

well only ordered panels yesterday ....and they arrived today :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: took these pics sent to man who doing it for me and he said lovely i can work with them ..now just got to get hols out the way and save the money to pay him and wilma will be looking prettier again :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

bonkers
Chatty
Chatty
Progress to next rank:
51.8%

Postby bonkers » Sun May 20, 2012 10:53 pm

work has commenced and il have her back after my hols ....all new and well sort of painted ...just getting it painted black around the new arches for min till gets new coat next year ...work in progress i call it :) and he said he take loads of pics for me :) :) :)
Last edited by bonkers on Sun May 20, 2012 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bonkers
Chatty
Chatty
Progress to next rank:
51.8%

Postby battscrxvti » Sun May 20, 2012 10:59 pm

i remember seeing some of those arches and my body shop guy hated me :)

be nice to see another sol with solid arches again
crx del sol breaker , also window tinting service
07749 478279 - karl
battscrxvti
DSUK LEGEND
DSUK LEGEND

18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership

1993 Honda crx del sol sir
Drives: 1993 captiva blue vti

Postby crxkenzie1989 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:39 pm

looking good mate iv til got a long way to go with my lil ellie
crxkenzie1989

Postby bonkers » Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:29 am

got these pics from my friend last night .. he had to weld the inner arch aswell ..he says she coming home tomorrow :).......

bonkers
Chatty
Chatty
Progress to next rank:
51.8%

Postby johnrnugent » Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:22 am

Good news about about getting rust sorted :D :D

Hope he puts the wheels back on first.. :lol: :lol: :o :o :lol: :lol:
johnrnugent
DSUK Jester
DSUK Jester

14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership

Drives: Honda Jazz Sport. RED VTi TT

Postby bonkers » Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:03 pm

There she is for the next few months till save for full respray ...the wife said omg u can't park that on my drive it looks stupid ....told her Bollocks looks better than it did rusty ...bloody women know nowt

bonkers
Chatty
Chatty
Progress to next rank:
51.8%

Postby Glovermx » Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:40 pm

great work! does indeed look so much better! :)
My Ongoing Vti Project Here
Glovermx
DelSolUK Site Admin
DelSolUK Site Admin

15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership

1992 Honda Delsol
Drives: 2004 Nissan 350Z Gun Metal Silver

Postby bonkers » Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:37 pm

going to get some supersonic blue from halfords 2mora as it may be a while till its full respray ..just to make it all blue again may not be great finish but wont tell with the rest of body peeling etc ...

have found a new blue im going to have from a friend its a darker blue . metallic tahiti blue ....got 2.5litre pot of a friend for less than £100 my friend who done welding says that is a bargain !!!
so im happy as a kid at christmas ..more pics 2mora when i get her back :)

bonkers
Chatty
Chatty
Progress to next rank:
51.8%

Postby Curtis » Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:43 pm

supersonic is ot the right colour is capitva blue. I was gonna sugest that just so its not SO obvious.

One thought though, have the body shop smoothed out the crease that follows from the door?
ImageImage
Jut wrote:Aaron says alot of things, he's often wrong.
Curtis
DSUK Alumni
DSUK Alumni

19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership

Drives: EG6 SiR2

Postby bonkers » Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:15 pm

supersonic is ..B90P,,,
Captiva Blue Pearl Clearcoat B-62P
so its not an exact match ..but that doesnt worry me its the wife who is twisting that it looks grey and out of place ...its going in next year for a new coat anyhow so a miss match on rear quarter is the least of my worries ..
unsure if he smoothed out the crease as dont get her back till 2mora ...if he has well i cant do much about it now can i ....

bonkers
Chatty
Chatty
Progress to next rank:
51.8%

Next

Return to Ongoing Projects