Morgan100's B18 Turbo Del Sol

Doing lotsa work, or just replacing your bumper, tell us and show us here...

Moderators: kenco, SiR_chris, Glovermx, lxstuart, sol'd out, delsolchippy, Del sol 1997, Paulm, solman

Re: Morgan100's B18 Turbo Del Sol

Postby morgan100 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:10 pm

Yeah i turned the crank over with a breaker bar no problem.

Haven't tried a bump start.....don't fancy having to push it back up the hill if it doesn't start :(
morgan100
Progress to next rank:
36.4%

16 years of membership16 years of membership16 years of membership16 years of membership16 years of membership16 years of membership16 years of membership16 years of membership16 years of membership16 years of membership16 years of membership16 years of membership16 years of membership16 years of membership16 years of membership16 years of membership

Postby morgan100 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:59 am

So turns out my battery was past its best. Charged it up over night to 12.6v and within an hour of just sitting on the bench it was down at 12.0v

Brand new battery in.
I made up new earth cables from gearbox to chassis and rocker to chassis.

Cranked the engine over with the spark plugs out and injectors unplugged. 10 secs of cranking followed by a wee break. Took a while but eventually started building oil pressure/had oil coming through the turbo oil feed.

Spark plugs back in, injector plugs on.... this is the result

https://youtu.be/-mE73DGD2vc

Tried again a second time to the same result.
Unplugged the injectors, pulled a spark plug to check i have spark....which I do.
Stuck the plug and lead back in and cranked it over (injectors unplugged still) and this happened.....

https://youtu.be/wN3ri0UiTDc

So after that I plugged the injectors back in thinking it might start and got the same result as the first video :(

Didn't get anymore time to tinker with it before i got sent offshore again so will do some troubleshooting when i'm home.

I'm thinking its possibly an issue with the injectors or how they are set up in Hondata.
When i pulled the spark plug it was slightly wet, i'm thinking the 560cc injectors are dumping to much fuel in.
Unfortunately i've got a resistor box wired in now so can't just throw in a set of standard 240cc injectors to see if it will fire up.

I'm going to unbolt the fuel rail with the injectors and let them spray into wee boxes to see it they are all spraying as they should.
Going to double check again my firing order is right as well.

Anyone got any other suggestions of what to check?
morgan100
Progress to next rank:
36.4%

16 years of membership16 years of membership16 years of membership16 years of membership16 years of membership16 years of membership16 years of membership16 years of membership16 years of membership16 years of membership16 years of membership16 years of membership16 years of membership16 years of membership16 years of membership16 years of membership

Postby johnrnugent » Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:26 pm

Oh Dude that's a pain, but am sure you'll get there and it will be worth it :roll: :roll: :D :D
johnrnugent
DSUK Jester
DSUK Jester

14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership

Drives: Honda Jazz Sport. RED VTi TT

Previous

Return to Ongoing Projects