Ongoing project with B20vtec

Doing lotsa work, or just replacing your bumper, tell us and show us here...

Moderators: kenco, SiR_chris, Glovermx, lxstuart, sol'd out, delsolchippy, Del sol 1997, Paulm, solman

Ongoing project with B20vtec

Postby Donhumbostoni » Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:46 am

ok soooooo here i am finally getting down to posting a thread on my del sol journey! and just tried and failed to load pictures ! well this sucks! can only have pics the size of 256kb how the hell do i make them smaller?
ok think ive figured it out with a little help!
well my car journey began with a 1.2 clio which i loved and had for nearly 2 years but then the timing belt snapped and broke the engine so i got it repaired sold it and bought the del sol! i bought it for £900 i thought it was an SiR but it isnt its a VXI with a b16a2 engine swap! it has a s9b gearbox for a civic mb6 so im told. 421 megan manifold full exhaust system not sure what make, k&n air filter.
heres few pics of the clio
not a good day at all! what a bitch to break down at possibly one of the busiest roundabouts in sheffield!

so over the last year i have been modifying my del sol looks completely different to when i bought it for £900
[img]http://i1211.photobucket.com/albums/cc425/donhumbostoni/035.jpg[img]
then i bought some s2000 seats! :D
so the first mod i did was the headlights
had some help fitting the seats as im useless from delsoluk member mattsimmo who i went to college with.
[imghttp://i1211.photobucket.com/albums/cc425/donhumbostoni/114.jpg][/img]
so it came to the time where right lets get the bodywork sorted out! so as my mates a whizz on the computer he did a couple of pics to help me decide a colour i was pretty sure on white or black but when i said i was open to ideas mate mate took the oppurtunity to show me up lol his 1st pic! uploading it to facebook stating that i love my car too much!
he then did this picture and i liked it.
well i decided on white! but what kind of white? i looked around and found honda grand prix white which looked amazing so i went for that! i went without the car for about a month while the work was being carried out! finally got it back!

some daytime pics
i then changed the back lights
but then oh no! after 2 weeks of having it back i had a bang with my work mate in the car park!
but i had to wait for the repair because then came the main probelms! my car was overheating so i changed the rad and thermostat
but it turned out to be the headgasket :(
well i finally got it sorted and have been buying parts for the car knowing it has to go back to the bodyshop so this gave me the chance to upgrade instead of repair :D so i had to sacrifice bedroom space for all my parts!
so i got the lip kit z3 wings mugen front bumper and subaru bonnet scoop. well ive had the rest of the work done now! and this is where i am now!
so this is where i am at the minute! i now plan to do a little engine work make it go as well as it looks! im going N/A route so i was lucky enough to find these and got them for a good price! TWM ITB's
ive still got a fair bit to go before its finished but all good fun!!
let me know what you guys think! :lol:
Last edited by Donhumbostoni on Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:12 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Give me a piece of wood and ill make you something beautiful! put a spanner in my hand and ill
get mad and start breaking things
Donhumbostoni
Chatty
Chatty
Progress to next rank:
25.4%

13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership

Drives: 1993, mix and match of del sols. Grand prix white

Re: long overdue! of my pain in the ass del sol

Postby Curtis » Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:46 am

try using photobucket dude
ImageImage
Jut wrote:Aaron says alot of things, he's often wrong.
Curtis
DSUK Alumni
DSUK Alumni

19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership

Drives: EG6 SiR2

Postby Da(15)z » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:05 am

Yea like Curtis sed upload to Photobucket, from there you should be able to resize the pictures, but I used photoshop and then uploaded. Copy the 'direct link' url from the picture and paste over here. Job done :)

My On Going Project - Frankinstein Sol
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=29828
Da(15)z
Regular
Regular
Progress to next rank:
41%

13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership

1992 Honda Delsol
Drives: 1992 Jap Import Del Sol d15z Vtec Automatic

Postby Donhumbostoni » Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:48 pm

never used photobucket! is it a website or do i have to download and install it?
Curtis wrote:try using photobucket dude
Give me a piece of wood and ill make you something beautiful! put a spanner in my hand and ill
Donhumbostoni
Chatty
Chatty
Progress to next rank:
25.4%

Postby Da(15)z » Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:27 pm

Donhumbostoni wrote:never used photobucket! is it a website or do i have to download and install it?
Curtis wrote:try using photobucket dude

Its a website where you can upload pictures for free

http://www.photobucket.com

Once you have uploaded your first picture if you hover the mouse over it options will appear at the top of the picture. From there you can resize image. Then on the side or underneath will be a bunch of urls click on the one next to 'direct link'. Come back onto this fourm and click the IMG button and paste the url.

Preview the post and if picture is still to big, repeat above steps
Hope that helps

My On Going Project - Frankinstein Sol
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=29828
Da(15)z
Regular
Regular
Progress to next rank:
41%

1992 Honda Delsol
Drives: 1992 Jap Import Del Sol d15z Vtec Automatic

Postby mattsimmo_350 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:23 pm

im never parking on your street again.....
Race-Tech built D16z6, Race-Tech manifold and exhaust, Precision 5857 Billet Turbo, 425WHP 489 at the flywheel, mapped on Hondata S300 by Ricky@Race-Tech
http://www.race-tech.net
mattsimmo_350
Regular
Regular
Progress to next rank:
25.8%

15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership

Postby battscrxvti » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:19 pm

nice i got one black 5 spoke 15's £60 dude would look quite cool
crx del sol breaker , also window tinting service
07749 478279 - karl
battscrxvti
DSUK LEGEND
DSUK LEGEND

18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership

1993 Honda crx del sol sir
Drives: 1993 captiva blue vti

Postby Donhumbostoni » Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:59 am

mattsimmo_350 wrote:im never parking on your street again.....

Haha Matt got bitched by some old fool! Telling u mate if he even so looks at me I'm guna nutting have the prick lol! What a dickhead! Lol
Donhumbostoni
Chatty
Chatty
Progress to next rank:
25.4%

Postby Donhumbostoni » Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:00 am

battscrxvti wrote:nice i got one black 5 spoke 15's £60 dude would look quite cool

Yeh I know I'm going to change the loys when I get some money after my holiday! :)
Donhumbostoni
Chatty
Chatty
Progress to next rank:
25.4%

Re: long overdue!PICTURES of my del sol!

Postby BennyEGG » Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:12 pm

For Me It Was Lovely Here, Colour Looks Fresh As.

I Can Kinda See Why You Did The Other Body Work Parts But What's With The Subaru Scoop?
BennyEGG
Regular
Regular
Progress to next rank:
17.5%

Drives: SIR Del Slow

Postby Donhumbostoni » Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:12 pm

BennyEGG wrote:For Me It Was Lovely Here, Colour Looks Fresh As.
I Can Kinda See Why You Did The Other Body Work Parts But What's With The Subaru Scoop?

Cheers mate! Well the scoop isn't just for looks! Because I'm getting the itbs fitted I thought it would be better to have a direct supply of cold air going to the engine and I didn't fancy cold air pipes! So had the bonnet cut out and the scoop fitted allowing more air :)
Donhumbostoni
Chatty
Chatty
Progress to next rank:
25.4%

Postby SiR_chris » Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:16 am

I like it dude 8) Paint looks gleaming
Please tell me you're lowering it next? :)

Have you done anything about rain and bits getting in the scoop or is it just open?
SiR_chris
DelSolUK Site Admin
DelSolUK Site Admin

19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership

1992 Honda Delsol
Drives: '92 H2B SiR, '02 CW DC5, '06 Black Sport Jazz

Postby Donhumbostoni » Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:58 pm

SiR_chris wrote:I like it dude 8) Paint looks gleaming
Please tell me you're lowering it next? :)

Have you done anything about rain and bits getting in the scoop or is it just open?

Cheers Chris erm no I haven't done anything about that yet! I may get a mesh and then maybe use something like a pair of ladies tights over the mesh. Would this Sufice? What are your thoughts? I do have some coilovers and plan to lower it in the future. I want some new alloys 1st but before that I wanna get the itbs sorted out been waiting for ages to be fitted! Been putting it off! So engine rims lowering interior then done! So hopefully be happy then!
Donhumbostoni
Chatty
Chatty
Progress to next rank:
25.4%

Postby Donhumbostoni » Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:19 pm

Right got some really bad news! Someone has crashed into my sol while I was training a client and driven off! Door and rear quarter is damaged! I will post up some pics when I get home to show the damage! Now I'm not sure what to do! Surely the car will be a right off from the insurance company. Had a quote off 1600 for repairs! I am not paying anywhere near that amount! If rather try fix it myself I think but haven't really got much experience with it. Your guys thoughts and opinions will be much appreciated!
Thanks Richard
Donhumbostoni
Chatty
Chatty
Progress to next rank:
25.4%

Postby sol'd out » Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:50 pm

Sorry to hear that. I really hate it when people do that! :(

I'd say it depends on how bad the damage is. A rear quarter is going to be more difficult than the door as you can't easily replace the whole panel. Spraying and matching in the colour will also need to be done carefully. A good person on here to ask would be wdb once you've posted the pics.
sol'd out
DelSolUK Hero
DelSolUK Hero

16 years of membership16 years of membership16 years of membership16 years of membership16 years of membership16 years of membership16 years of membership16 years of membership16 years of membership16 years of membership16 years of membership16 years of membership16 years of membership16 years of membership16 years of membership16 years of membership

1996 Honda Delsol
Drives: 1996 frost white VGi

Next

Return to Ongoing Projects