Not Del sol but B20b/vtec going into a mini.........

Doing lotsa work, or just replacing your bumper, tell us and show us here...

Moderators: kenco, SiR_chris, Glovermx, lxstuart, sol'd out, delsolchippy, Del sol 1997, Paulm, solman

Re: Not Del sol but B20b/vtec going into a mini.........

Postby Kam » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:17 pm

I could pop round and paint your house if you want, brush is still wet and eager :lol:
SiR_chris wrote:bet you wish you aint started all this now :lol:
Kam
Regular
Regular
Progress to next rank:
63.5%

14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership

Postby Kam » Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:53 pm

Not much to update, been waiting for stuff to come through, got a honda prelude breather plug so I can route a hose to a catch can from the block, didn't have a 14mm allen key lying around here to remove the original freeze plug but did have a 14/17mm drain sump plug handy......and a 17mm socket :D

Just the one on the driver side

Finally got some some caravan plugs arrive for the front end and some colour coded wiring so I can relocate my standard mini fusebox inside the cabin somewhere as theres no room for it on the bulkhead! :lol: just wanna generally tidy the loom up aswell

I'm actually eager to get on with the wiring which is rare for me, I might make a start on the wiring tomorrow after work seeing as I'm working over new years eve so won't be in the mood to hit the sack when I get back.........so you lot enjoy yourselves eh and spare a thought whilst your downing another eh :wink:
Kam
Regular
Regular
Progress to next rank:
63.5%

14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership

Postby Kam » Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:21 am

Ok, time for a little update I think......

Been getting hassle with the wiring side of things hence the lack of updates for three months, just been doing bits and bob on it but its been putting me off, I'll be the first and last to admit I have no knowledge whatsoever with it so been hitting some snags. I was only relocating the mini fusebox and inline fuses to the inside and getting rid of some (I think!) unwanted previous wiring ends and doing a general tidy up then adding some new gauges to the dash, all in all a relativity simple thing to do - but not when I'm involved! :roll:

I think 90% of it is done so will try and get a vid of dash lights etc in the next few days, not of turn-key though as thats a couple of weeks away as theres still loads of loose ends to tie up and stuff to fit in space thats not really there :wink:

In the meantime been getting some bits and bob in as its getting near turn-key, got some running-in oil (mineral only)

And some general bits including a couple (well three actually) different size alternator belts......

The alternator is finally done, its been a bit of a nightmare but I've modified an existing bracket from the minitec frame so it now fits within the allspeed frame and works just as good

Got about 15mm between the meeting points of the belts and 10mm between belt and frame

Sorted! 8)

Getting a bit packed that side

I'm still waiting on both the radiators as I've made a slight change to them, hopefully I can pick the main biggie one up tomorrow as the other one (smaller transit heater matrix one) is still being "messed around with" so with the main biggie one here plumbed in I should get closer to turn-key to bed the new rings in.......

For the second radiator I'm gonna be using a couple of these

They are off an aprilia rsv 1000, should be enough for the little transit heater matrix

Had some more bits come through like a crankcase breather can and filter and various other bits

The air filter ducting is pretty neat so should find its way out somehow

Kam
Regular
Regular
Progress to next rank:
63.5%

Postby robquilter » Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:44 am

Good progress :)
robquilter
Regular
Regular
Progress to next rank:
12%

13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership

Postby johnrnugent » Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:03 pm

Ooooooooooooooooooo Kammmi Kammmmmi.... Welcome back :D :D

Thought you had done a runner :lol: :lol:

Am glad your on the Wiring as you been putting it off for tooooooooo long :roll: :roll:

Let me know when I can pick up the finished Mini :P :P :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :P :P
johnrnugent
DSUK Jester
DSUK Jester

Drives: Honda Jazz Sport. RED VTi TT

Postby solman » Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:12 pm

Thought you had done a runner

Only from you John :) :) :)

You must be nearly finished now surely Kam?
Did you know DSUK are on:

Image Image Image Image

solman
DelSolUK Site Admin
DelSolUK Site Admin

18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership

Drives: Crystal Black FK8

Postby johnrnugent » Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:10 pm

solman wrote:
Thought you had done a runner

Only from you John?

I am soooooooooooooooo misunderstood :lol: :lol: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol:
johnrnugent
DSUK Jester
DSUK Jester

Drives: Honda Jazz Sport. RED VTi TT

Postby Kam » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:59 pm

johnrnugent wrote:Thought you had done a runner :lol: :lol:

I could probably do a runner in a mini - flintstoney styleee :mrgreen:

solman wrote:You must be nearly finished now surely Kam?

Nah far from it mate, I'm trying to get turn-key done before end of month, then still got all the loose ends to tie up, I'm still fighting finding space for stuff in the bay, its getting a bit "full up" in there :shock:

I will get a vid of start up though, whenever that will be
Kam
Regular
Regular
Progress to next rank:
63.5%

Postby Kam » Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:52 pm

Had a little play with the key trying to get dash lights up and working for morale, started getting half working, new gauges wasn't and couple of other bits wasn't either, not good, but I was using an old battery as my mini one is currently in my modern car so picked up another one

Got a 027 as opposed to a 075 which I had before

Both exactly the same dimensions and this has more cranking power so alls good

Picked up the main radiator from the guys as they relocated the top hose to the other side so it now sits the other end to the bottom hose as the bottom hose side is gonna be behind the headlamp so I need the tanks getting as much flow as possible all across it

They've done a sweet job as you can't even tell the other side had an outlet there

I was gonna use two 7 pin caravan plugs for the front end but after some advice I got a single 13 pin jobbie and got the bracket aswell and put a little bend in it........

As its angled back for clearance it attaches to the cam mount and job done!

Also managed to hide the ECU behind the original radio fascia panel under the passenger dash, I couldn't get it in the 'cat flap' so spun it upside so the laptop terminal is in the top left corner where the lcd display would've been, sorted

Slung in the new battery and tried the dash lights, new stealth gauges work aswell

http://s250.photobucket.com/albums/gg25 ... power6.mp4

We have power, get frickin in there! :D

Next job - more kfc
Kam
Regular
Regular
Progress to next rank:
63.5%

Postby Kam » Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:33 pm

Finally got my clutch braided hose come through, can't get it sitting any tighter than this!

Temporary plumbed in the main rad as the second rad is still being worked on by the shop and chucked the front end on......

Its getting a bit tight! I've had to lose the driver side headlamp plastic bowl as I need it down to the bare min and that was preventing the rad from sitting properly, will sort that headlamp out when I can be arsed

I've also hit a snag with the AEM fuel rail and my original b16 fuel banjo fitting, I think the b16/b18 might have different size fittings and I ordered one for a 1.8 type-r but I'm on it and should have it resolved next couple of days

Next job - more kfc
Kam
Regular
Regular
Progress to next rank:
63.5%

Postby Paulm » Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:01 pm

they are the same fittings. tbh id sell your aem one and use a stock fuel rail. theres no gain to be had really
Notice: If you notice this notice you will notice that this notice is not worth noticing.
Paulm
DelSolUK Site Admin
DelSolUK Site Admin

18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership

1992 Honda Delsol
Drives: 1992 greenish SIR B20

Postby Kam » Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:19 pm

I just got the AEM fuel rail for a bit of eye candy

That banjo end screw on the AEM rail hasn't even got a hole in there so putting a banjo on it would be useless anyway, even if it did have a hole then once you slide the banjo on then the end cap (from my b16) it doesn't fit the thread on the AEM anyway, thats why I thought maybe the b18's were different

I've tried it the Kam way now (arse about face way) so should have it sorted out, just waiting on a machine shop :roll:
Kam
Regular
Regular
Progress to next rank:
63.5%

Postby solman » Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:36 pm

Looking spiffing dude, you don't like cheap parts do you :)
Did you know DSUK are on:

Image Image Image Image

solman
DelSolUK Site Admin
DelSolUK Site Admin

Drives: Crystal Black FK8

Postby Kam » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:10 pm

Right, was having some issues with fitting my original b16 fuel banjo to the AEM fuel rail, the banjo goes on but the end cap nut is a different thread, whats more the fitting piece in the end of the AEM fuel rail doesn't even have a hole for the banjo so was a bit of a lost cause......

I think maybe these are for aero quip fittings? I don't know, anyway, I managed to get a 9/16 x 18 UNF banjo bolt - with a hole!

Next problem was my b16 banjo has got about a 12mm eye opening and I couldn't find any 9/16 x 18 UNF banjos with a 12mm eye, they are all 14mm, so took my b16 banjo to a machine shop to drill it out to 14mm, job done

Air filter is on but couldn't direct the intake where I wanted so its sitting on top of the blue oval rust bag DIS pack, still got to get the HT leads on that aswell, just hope I can still shut the bonnet.....looking at it I'd say a big fat no! :lol:

Then decided to get the car back on all fours with some proper wheels!

Easy to forget about ground clearance on minis when they have been on axles for the last 16 months, exhaust is lowww :(

Next job - more kfc
Kam
Regular
Regular
Progress to next rank:
63.5%

Postby Kam » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:12 pm

solman wrote:Looking spiffing dude, you don't like cheap parts do you :)

Yeah it aint mini etiquette! :mrgreen:
Kam
Regular
Regular
Progress to next rank:
63.5%

PreviousNext

Return to Ongoing Projects