Not Del sol but B20b/vtec going into a mini.........

Doing lotsa work, or just replacing your bumper, tell us and show us here...

Moderators: kenco, SiR_chris, Glovermx, lxstuart, sol'd out, delsolchippy, Del sol 1997, Paulm, solman

Re: Not Del sol but B20b/vtec going into a mini.........

Postby Kam » Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:54 am

Appreciate the kind words 8)

Cheers guys, wedding went top notch :)

Me and the best man was running late (as usual!) and it didn't help with the sunday christian motorists holding me up on the motorway! I mean c'mon guys the car has wedding ribbons on it and I'm in a rush to get somewhere - get out the way and stop gawking! :lol:

Probably cheesed off a few of them but I didn't care, they needed vtec-ing... ;)

Finally arrived and was getting changed but obviously found time to grab a pic of my saviour of the day!

Ok truth be told :mrgreen: the reason we was running late (hopefully she will never find out!) :lol: I had the ribbons on the car the night before but on the morning I thought "how do I pop the bonnet so people can see?"

I know its her day but c'mon some selfishness was needed :lol:

Spent another half hour ass-ing around with the back up ribbons (back up incase the combination of wind and motorway said otherwise!) that we managed to feed each end around the sun blinds and tie them up, so just lightly tied up one end so "if" :twisted: we wanted to we just untied that end and slackened the ribbon :cool:

Either way I wasn't expecting what she done for me though, wedding cake was my car! :cool: the guy making it had done a good job, colour, hub caps, bumpers, seam strips the lot, was very humbled to be honest :oops:

When it come to cutting it together for the first time I whispered to her "cut the front end as its got a removable front end" her reply which was just a look told me that probably was not the smartest of things to say at that point :lol:

I've only got grainy pics of it as I was busy...but will add a pic when I get them, one of my mates saved me a nice piece though, appreciated that big time :cool:

Was dee-lish :cool:

Catching a flight in a couple of hours for a well deserved break and the mini could do with one as well, it done me proud and still never ceases to amazes me when I need it the most, it passed its ultimate test and it wasn't even meant to be there, long live the mini 8)

Over and out
SiR_chris wrote:bet you wish you aint started all this now :lol:
Kam
Regular
Regular
Progress to next rank:
63.5%

14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership

Re: Not Del sol but B20b/vtec going into a mini.........

Postby SiR_chris » Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:17 pm

haha brilliant mate
SiR_chris
DelSolUK Site Admin
DelSolUK Site Admin

19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership

1992 Honda Delsol
Drives: '92 H2B SiR, '02 CW DC5, '06 Black Sport Jazz

Previous

Return to Ongoing Projects