Glovermx's Ongoing project

Doing lotsa work, or just replacing your bumper, tell us and show us here...

Moderators: kenco, SiR_chris, Glovermx, lxstuart, sol'd out, delsolchippy, Del sol 1997, Paulm, solman

Glovermx's Ongoing project

Postby Glovermx » Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:31 am

Up to date Spec list: 22/02/2012

Uk Vti 1992 Model:

Exterior:
JDM Front Fog Lights
JDM Number Plate panel, Relocated fog light to drivers side rear light
JDM Third Break Light
Seibon carbon fibre bonnet
16 Rota Grid Alloy Wheels
Short Ram Induction Kit with cold feed
Stainless 4-1 manifold
Buddy Club Pro Spec Catback exhaust system and decat pipe
Kw Varient one Coilovers
HID Headlight kit
Civic EG aftermarket front lip

Interior:
Red Recaro Seats from a DC2 Type R
Genuine Honda Ek9 Red Badges
Takata 4 point harnesses
Custom made harness bar
Aftermarket Steering Wheel
JDM console with cup holders
Mugen gear knob
White Dials
Vtec light
Three 52mm gauges (volt, oil pressure, vacuum) in custom holder
8" sub located behind passenger seat
Uprated speakers front and rear with amp located in boot
7" flip out head unit
Black retrimmed door cards
All grey interior plastic changed (dyed) to black

Future plans:
B20 vtec engine (currently been built... slowly)
Brake stopper
1" master cylinder
Aftermarket lca

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rite , this is my first real project so bare with me :)

Ok so last nite i bought my first VTI sol. After owning an ESI for the last year i got the need for something a little more pokey. Ive loved every minute of the ESI but saw a VTI for a good price with a good history so had to have it. Its white the same as my ESI and has done 90,000 with full service history up to 80,000 wich is nice!

Well what can i say driving it back last night i had the biggest smile on my face ever :D only 30 more horses then the ESI but there was a big difference!
Now the only thing is the VTI is completely standard, and i like them to be a little modified. So the plan this weekend is to change all my aftermarket parts of the ESI on to the standard VTI.

Call me daft but i am actually going to be changing 90% of the panels from my old car to the new one, as the ESI has been resprayed and the panels are 90% rust, dent free.

The list of things to change over is as follows:

change over 90 % of the bodywork panels
Take alarm from and centrel locking From Esi and fit to Vti
Swap headlights and rear lights
Swap suspention over as the ESI has been lowered 40mm and looks alot better then standard :) in my opinion
swap wheels
change exaust
swap speakers and head unit
Swap induction kit
swap steering wheel and gear knob
swap glovebox over as the Vti one has broke
Paint the Roker cover
Paint calipers
Fit lip kip

Then get the esi back to 90% standard to then be sold.

The plan is to get most of this done on sunday as its the only day a get free, just hope it doesent bloody rain :x I willl post pics up as i go along :D

So hears the Esi ive had for the last year, basically when im finshed the Vti will look pretty much the same as the Esi does now.

And the Vti i have just bought.

Will be glad to get rid of those hideos blacked out lights!
Last edited by Glovermx on Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:41 pm, edited 12 times in total.
My Ongoing Vti Project Here
Glovermx
DelSolUK Site Admin
DelSolUK Site Admin

15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership

1992 Honda Delsol
Drives: 2004 Nissan 350Z Gun Metal Silver

Re: White Esi to White Vti

Postby lukewood » Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:56 am

well best of luck m8, thats a fair bit to do by sunday, sun should be shinein though so good time to do it :D
sold my sol to the devil
lukewood
Regular
Regular
Progress to next rank:
31.8%

15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership

Postby Andyjdm » Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:13 pm

Surely an enging conversion would of been cheaper :?

Good luck and have fun though :)
'93 Sol ESi - driven, tracked, donated to build the SiR
'95 Sol SiR - Sold
'98 Mercedes C class - VIP Mobile
Next: possibly another Del Sol for my toy ;)
Andyjdm
Ye' Almighty!
Ye' Almighty!

16 years of membership16 years of membership16 years of membership16 years of membership16 years of membership16 years of membership16 years of membership16 years of membership16 years of membership16 years of membership16 years of membership16 years of membership16 years of membership16 years of membership16 years of membership16 years of membership

Postby CRX-RLY » Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:18 pm

All that, on one Sunday?! Maybe you can pop round and sort my car out when you're done! :D
I've got a white VTi too, so it's nice here of another one on here! Just don't go moddin the hell out of it mate, as they're
a pretty rare find these days! :wink: Btw, is it a trans top!?

Looking forward to the pics buddy!
CRX-RLY
Chatty
Chatty
Progress to next rank:
64.4%

14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership

Drives: 1993 Frost White Vti TT

Postby Glovermx » Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:22 pm

Andyjdm wrote:Surely an enging conversion would of been cheaper :?

Good luck and have fun though :)

Youre quite rite Andy, i just dont think ive got the knowlage or time to do it! :D
Glovermx
DelSolUK Site Admin
DelSolUK Site Admin

1992 Honda Delsol

Postby Glovermx » Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:25 pm

CRX-RLY wrote:All that, on one Sunday?! Maybe you can pop round and sort my car out when you're done! :D
I've got a white VTi too, so it's nice here of another one on here! Just don't go moddin the hell out of it mate, as they're

Sure bud, should be all finished by dinnertime lol :D seriously though i no it sounds abit hopefull but i will make a start tonight, and will have saturday night aswell. Its a manual roof! would of liked a transtop but realy need the bootspace for work. :D
Glovermx
DelSolUK Site Admin
DelSolUK Site Admin

1992 Honda Delsol

Postby Sar » Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:39 pm

CRX-RLY wrote:All that, on one Sunday?! Maybe you can pop round and sort my car out when you're done! :D

I also have a white VTi with the transtop.
Sar
Regular
Regular
Progress to next rank:
18.5%

14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership

Postby Glovermx » Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:32 pm

Well what a day! its easy thinking you will get this and that done in your head, but actualy getting it done is a different thing all together!

Started early today and got the front suspension swapped over, no problems there, that went pretty straight fordward! Then moved on the the rear ones!!!!! thats where the fun began. The rear shocks on the Vti were a nightmare, the bolts that hold the bottom of the shocks to lower arm had both seized solod into the bushings and snapped the heads of both bolts trying to get them off, thats after nearly a full can of WD40 was used! I was exspecting this though to be fair after the warnings on hear! in the end ive had to cut both bushes with an angle grinder to be able to get the shocks out. Now im going to have to order new bolts and bushes from mr honda tomorrow.

After this set back i manged to make a change on the bodywork and changed over the majority of panels, front and rear lights and get the rocker cover painted. Also got the interior and audio swapped aswell. So didnt manage to get it finished completely as i was hoping for but i have a day of work on tuesday so will be able to finish it of then all been well. That is as long as the bushes that are seized in the lower arms come out easy enough.

Will post some pics up later on as its been a long day today.... :)
Glovermx
DelSolUK Site Admin
DelSolUK Site Admin

1992 Honda Delsol

Postby Paulm » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:18 am

good work, you got a lot done.

burn the bushes out, thats' your easiest option ;)
Notice: If you notice this notice you will notice that this notice is not worth noticing.
Paulm
DelSolUK Site Admin
DelSolUK Site Admin

18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership

1992 Honda Delsol
Drives: 1992 greenish SIR B20

Postby battscrxvti » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:53 am

yep burn bushes out the hack saw the other shells out , done this some many times now might be worth making a how 2 :P

i hope all goes well kid and its back on the deck and driving soon
crx del sol breaker , also window tinting service
07749 478279 - karl
battscrxvti
DSUK LEGEND
DSUK LEGEND

18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership

1993 Honda crx del sol sir
Drives: 1993 captiva blue vti

Postby Glovermx » Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:42 pm

Finally got the old bushes out, flaming things. Tried heating them up but didnt have much joy that way. I actually got them out by getting a 27mm socket that is a few mm smaller then the bush on one side, then a peice of pipe bigger then the bush on the other side of the the lower arm, then used a vice to squeeze it all together and push the old bush out into the pipe, if that makes sense? I used this to press the new ones in, which worked quite well, ill post pics up later.

Heres the new bushes and bolts from Honda ready to go in. They will have that much copper grease on ill be swimming in it lol :D
Image]
Last edited by Glovermx on Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Glovermx
DelSolUK Site Admin
DelSolUK Site Admin

1992 Honda Delsol

Postby Paulm » Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:57 pm

by burn we meant set fire too :lol:

you can never cover things in too much copper grease!
Notice: If you notice this notice you will notice that this notice is not worth noticing.
Paulm
DelSolUK Site Admin
DelSolUK Site Admin

1992 Honda Delsol
Drives: 1992 greenish SIR B20

Postby Andyjdm » Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:15 pm

Do you have part numbers on those bolts? and also a price as i could do with replacing a couple of mine.
'93 Sol ESi - driven, tracked, donated to build the SiR
'95 Sol SiR - Sold
'98 Mercedes C class - VIP Mobile
Next: possibly another Del Sol for my toy ;)
Andyjdm
Ye' Almighty!
Ye' Almighty!

16 years of membership16 years of membership16 years of membership16 years of membership16 years of membership16 years of membership16 years of membership16 years of membership16 years of membership16 years of membership16 years of membership16 years of membership16 years of membership16 years of membership16 years of membership16 years of membership

Postby battscrxvti » Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:20 pm

cover those new bolts in copper grease so they dont do the same :wink:

how you got those out is kinda the way you have to get them back in , now the bush is out take a file to the lower arm and clean it all up inside and cover with grease
crx del sol breaker , also window tinting service
07749 478279 - karl
battscrxvti
DSUK LEGEND
DSUK LEGEND

1993 Honda crx del sol sir
Drives: 1993 captiva blue vti

Postby Glovermx » Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:38 pm

Got a few more things done tonight, mainly got the mirrors of and got them colour coded :)

Rubbed down

Primerd

after 2 coats
Glovermx
DelSolUK Site Admin
DelSolUK Site Admin

1992 Honda Delsol

Next

Return to Ongoing Projects