The New Project.....

Doing lotsa work, or just replacing your bumper, tell us and show us here...

Moderators: kenco, SiR_chris, Glovermx, lxstuart, sol'd out, delsolchippy, Del sol 1997, Paulm, solman

The New Project.....

Postby hardcj20 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:32 am

I thought it was finally time to get my arse into gear and get a project plan sorted for my car! I keep on toying with different things, but never really doing it!lol....so....

here's my car now:

altho it also now has a 'Powered by Honda' Black sunstrip and anodised red nuts bought at the show!

The issues I have with my car at the moment are:

Rear smoothed panel that was done before I bought that car has started rusting where they welded a plate in
Wheels are starting to suffer from lacquer peel and other problems due to wa**er also not supplying locking wheel key so brute force to get them off has damaged the wheels
Engine needs a good clean and tidy up, also need to sort out some issues where a few bolts have snapped that hold the cams in place (and the guy I bought it from was meant to be a good mechanic!!??) SO may need a new head as it may not be as easy to get the old snapped bolts out!?

The plan is: (and probably subject to many changes! :lol: )

Engine: (phase 1)

Skunk2 stage 2 pro cams -
Skunk2 tuner dual springs -
Skunk2 Titanium retainers -
Skunk2 SS Valves -
Skunk2 Intake manifold - in process of buying
4-2-1 Exhaust manifold(too many choices!haha) -
Definitely buy a new B16a head -
Complete port and polish head - (may attemt myself or at least do parts)
Hondata S300 or Chrome (if i can get my head round it!lol) -
Tuning -
Wire tuck engine bay - will do myself
Clean engine bay!!! - will do myself
Paint engine silver and custom job on rocker cover - will do myself

Interior:

Black floor mats -
S2K seats -
Retrim the horrible grey bits up by windscreen etc -

Exterior: (phase 1)

HID's - £55 (thank you Paulm!!!)
Fibreglass smoothed rear boot panel - £120 from 12tune or second hand from ebay if I see one?
Fuzion front bumper -
Square import numberplates -
Sell carbon bonnet -
Buy OEM style Carbon bonnet -
MGZS front conversion with HEL braided lines all round - Sorted thanks to Stew at FTWperformance! :D

Thats what I want to do over the next coming months (with money permitting). I also want to do as much as I can myself as I'v always played with cars and been a hands on person!

I'l try and post up pics and 'how to's' where I can to help people out! :D
Last edited by hardcj20 on Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:56 pm, edited 4 times in total.
hardcj20
Regular
Regular
Progress to next rank:
49.8%

17 years of membership17 years of membership17 years of membership17 years of membership17 years of membership17 years of membership17 years of membership17 years of membership17 years of membership17 years of membership17 years of membership17 years of membership17 years of membership17 years of membership17 years of membership17 years of membership17 years of membership

Drives: 1992 Blue Sir Transtop

Re: New Project

Postby ashdelsol7 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:38 am

lip kit?? not a fan of the silver vtec badge on the side but apart from that should be a good project. s2k seats are the best for the sol, look really oem and suit it to a T :D
SOLD - 95 Esi,CAI,421Megan Racing,S2000 Heated seats-130bhp
SOLD - Honda Civic Type R (EP3) 200bhp
SOLD - Honda Integra Type R (DC5) 220bhp
NOW - Honda S2000 MY09 240bhp
ashdelsol7
DelSol UK Addict!
DelSol UK Addict!
Progress to next rank:
11.2%

18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership

Postby Paulm » Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:27 pm

get another head and do all the work with it off the car which means less time the car is off the road.

once youve got everything for the head, and fitted the bits n bobs, you can do the whole swap and have it back running within the day
Notice: If you notice this notice you will notice that this notice is not worth noticing.
Paulm
DelSolUK Site Admin
DelSolUK Site Admin

18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership

1992 Honda Delsol
Drives: 1992 greenish SIR B20

Postby hardcj20 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:25 pm

ashdelsol7 wrote:lip kit?? not a fan of the silver vtec badge on the side but apart from that should be a good project. s2k seats are the best for the sol, look really oem and suit it to a T :D

Yeah I was thinking a lip kit, but also thinking about doing something completely different as there are alot of people who have done the lip kit!....but who knows! :P

Yeah my mate Natalie who has a blue del sol has put s2k seats in her car and they are PERFECT for the sol! so a must have!lol

Paulm wrote:get another head and do all the work with it off the car which means less time the car is off the road.

once youve got everything for the head, and fitted the bits n bobs, you can do the whole swap and have it back running within the day

Well as there are a few bolts that are snapped in the head, I was toying with the idea of just buying another head and doing it out the car as and when i can, leaving the old head in the car and being able to get to work!lol.....the pro's do outweigh the cons, so will do it!
hardcj20
Regular
Regular
Progress to next rank:
49.8%

17 years of membership17 years of membership17 years of membership17 years of membership17 years of membership17 years of membership17 years of membership17 years of membership17 years of membership17 years of membership17 years of membership17 years of membership17 years of membership17 years of membership17 years of membership17 years of membership17 years of membership

Postby Andyjdm » Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:41 pm

Ah so its your black sol we seen at JTS, funnily enough we did notice the smoothed rear panel was in a bad way, should get a jdm one as tbh the smoothed look is dated now.
Plans sound good for it though so goodluck and have fun :)
'93 Sol ESi - driven, tracked, donated to build the SiR
'95 Sol SiR - Sold
'98 Mercedes C class - VIP Mobile
Next: possibly another Del Sol for my toy ;)
Andyjdm
Ye' Almighty!
Ye' Almighty!

16 years of membership16 years of membership16 years of membership16 years of membership16 years of membership16 years of membership16 years of membership16 years of membership16 years of membership16 years of membership16 years of membership16 years of membership16 years of membership16 years of membership16 years of membership16 years of membership

Postby hardcj20 » Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:50 pm

Update from a few weeks ago!

hardcj20 wrote:

Skunk2 SS Valves -
4-2-1 Exhaust manifold(too many choices!haha) - Japspeed Tri Y Stainless Manifold
Definitely buy a new B16a head - Bought off Karl (battscrxvti)
Tuning -
Wire tuck engine bay - will do myself
Clean engine bay!!! - will do myself
Paint engine silver and custom job on rocker cover - will do myself

Interior:

Black floor mats -
S2K seats -

Fibreglass smoothed rear boot panel - £120 from 12tune or second hand from ebay if I see one?
Fuzion front bumper -
Sell carbon bonnet -
MGZS front conversion with HEL braided lines all round - Sorted thanks to Stew at FTWperformance! :D

1) So I fitted the new exhaust manifold and gave the engine a very very good truck wash and even started spraying the engine silver with Halfords aluminium silver spray paint.....and I gotaa be fair it looks the absolute nuts!!! The exhaust looks a lovely gold colour too, so going to try and keep it that way by polishing it and keeping the crap off (so far so good!lol) I'l post pictures up a bit later too to show you the progress.

2) I have also fitted the new HID's which i got from Paulm. Super bright bits of kit, which in JDM lights completely illuminate everything!lol....I dont know how illegal they are, but not had anyone flash me as if pissed off or blinded? But I am looking at fitting some kind of projector lense into the headlight to try and control the beam a bit.

3) Have bought the new head off battscrxvti and now got it completely stripped! I'm now in the process of cleaning it up and making that look brnad new too, just ordered some viton valve stem oil seals (£12.99 ebay us) and now in the process of saving (job permitting) for the rest of the valvetrain. Again will post pics up later.
hardcj20
Regular
Regular
Progress to next rank:
49.8%

Postby Paulm » Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:10 pm

linly linky please for the tri y, and does it have a 2.5" collector?
Notice: If you notice this notice you will notice that this notice is not worth noticing.
Paulm
DelSolUK Site Admin
DelSolUK Site Admin

1992 Honda Delsol
Drives: 1992 greenish SIR B20

Postby hardcj20 » Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:24 pm

Paulm wrote:linly linky please for the tri y, and does it have a 2.5" collector?

linky.....lol.....I'm afraid I bought it off someone selling it off civic life (second hand, but still brand new) but of all the manifolds iv seen, this isnt half bad considdering how much i paid for it! :wink:

err funily enough, im trying to find that out myself atm!haha....i need an adjustable decat. But will let you know when i measure it later! :D

But i have to be fair, the manifold does make quite a difference from standard(power and smoothness) and the exhaust note is quieter(which I definitely needed!lol) but its a more mid to upper tone rather than a bassy tone.
hardcj20
Regular
Regular
Progress to next rank:
49.8%

Postby biccers » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:00 pm

dude sounds impressive but imoa why bother? All that head work will get you naf all extra power bud. You would be better off putting a b18c in get much better gains for half the money. Ive got one for sale needs new valve stem seals though.
Pm me if your interested it was in my black sol at jae last year its been well looked after.
Andrew
Im home again and thats where my heart is
biccers
Cheeky lil ******
Cheeky lil ******

Postby Camile » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:18 pm

Nice project you've got going on, always good when things start coming together.

As it is, I've got some black S2000 seats ready to bolt in a Sol :wink:
Space. It seems to go on forever, but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you.
Camile
Ex moderator
Ex moderator

19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership

Location: Dunfermline Drives: Black JDM SiR White Mugen Wheels, Cusco Coilovers and OEM Lip Kit.

Postby biccers » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:52 pm

If your not interested tho dude i have an itr inlet (same as skunk2) throttle body and cam pullys for sale .
Im home again and thats where my heart is
biccers
Cheeky lil ******
Cheeky lil ******

Postby hardcj20 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:29 am

Well there's a HUGE update I need to do on this project as i had a 2 week period where I did a lot! I'l be uploading pictures of what I did 2moro probably, but the bits I have done are:

1) Full wire tuck!!! including headlight wires etc going down wings, HID ballasts relocated to wings, Engine looms ripped out and re-routed to completely hide them. re routed vacuum pipes, cables for windscreen wiper motors, pipes for windscreen washers, removed carbon canister......the list continues!lol.
2)Painted rocker cover candy apple red
3)F1 lightened flywheel and stage 2 clutch fitting tonight.

biccers wrote:dude sounds impressive but imoa why bother? All that head work will get you naf all extra power bud. You would be better off putting a b18c in get much better gains for half the money. Ive got one for sale needs new valve stem seals though.
Pm me if your interested it was in my black sol at jae last year its been well looked after.
Andrew

Well im doing it for the bigger picture in the end! I want to keep my head with all the work iv done/doing on it, and then put it onto either a B18 or B20 bottom end!lol.Im tempted by aarans high compression B20z1 block! I dont have the money to but a B18 straight out, plus I love working on engines, so I thought id pretty much build it from scratch. Bought all the rebuid parts already from eristic!But thanks for both offers tho....I remember your car from JAE last year! was MINT!!!

Camile wrote:Nice project you've got going on, always good when things start coming together.

As it is, I've got some black S2000 seats ready to bolt in a Sol :wink:

Thanks Camile! It's taking its time still, and got loads I still wana do, but thats half the fun! :wink:

Haha I really really really love the S2000 seats in a sol, but atm im spending money on the engine atm as you can see above!lol
hardcj20
Regular
Regular
Progress to next rank:
49.8%

Postby hardcj20 » Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:04 pm

The next update for my car

hardcj20 wrote:

Skunk2 SS Valves -
4-2-1 Exhaust manifold(too many choices!haha) - Japspeed Tri Y Stainless Manifold
Definitely buy a new B16a head - Bought off Karl (battscrxvti)
Tuning -
Wire tuck engine bay - took 2 days to complete, but i did an EXTENSIVE one!lol.
Clean engine bay!!! - Semi cleaned, just need truck wash
Paint engine silver and custom job on rocker cover - Rocker cover now Candy Apple Red

Interior:

Black floor mats -
Bucket seats - £82.50 for red/black seats only 2 months old! need harnesses now

Fuzion front bumper -
Sell carbon bonnet -

So I had a two week stint where I did a hell of alot!!

1) Extensive wire tuck, including all engine looms, headlight looms, windscreen wiper loom.....vacuum lines, removed carbon canister and loads more!lol
2) Painted rocker cover in candy apple red.....by rattle cans too!!!!!!!
3) New F1 stage 2 clutch and lightened flywheel as my clutch slave cylinder failed and broke my clutch!haha....unwanted expense right now, but had to be done!lol

here are different pics of the modifications below:

The new F1 flywheel
And Stage 2 Clutch

The next thing I need to get hold of is Poly Engine mounts, Iv found some inserts that Funky Power sell, so i mite just buy them!
hardcj20
Regular
Regular
Progress to next rank:
49.8%

Postby Camile » Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:22 pm

Wire tuck looks superb!! Look at all that space :shock: :lol:
Space. It seems to go on forever, but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you.
Camile
Ex moderator
Ex moderator

19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership

Location: Dunfermline Drives: Black JDM SiR White Mugen Wheels, Cusco Coilovers and OEM Lip Kit.

Postby hardcj20 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:59 pm

Thank you! took bloody ages to do, but its soooo worth it. i'v now got 3 EG civics to do wire tucks on!lol.

Does anyone know where to get rubber blanks for where iv removed cables tho? gaffa tape wont last too long! :wink:
hardcj20
Regular
Regular
Progress to next rank:
49.8%

Next

Return to Ongoing Projects