The New Project.....

Doing lotsa work, or just replacing your bumper, tell us and show us here...

Moderators: kenco, SiR_chris, Glovermx, lxstuart, sol'd out, delsolchippy, Del sol 1997, Paulm, solman

Re: New Project

Postby SiR_chris » Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:18 pm

Looks good dude, where did you re-route the vacuum lines?
And are you going to run remote battery terminals or do you have a manual boot?

8) How hard was it putting the fusebox inside? Just unplug, pull through and relocate?

The big hole where the aircon pipes enter the car you can get either a delsol or civic eg (I think) rubber blanking plate. Just ask people who are breaking them (which had no aircon obviously!)
SiR_chris
DelSolUK Site Admin
DelSolUK Site Admin

19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership

1992 Honda Delsol
Drives: '92 H2B SiR, '02 CW DC5, '06 Black Sport Jazz

Postby Paulm » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:28 am

yup you just need to find a uk car to get that grommet thing

where did you put the fuse box? thats one thngs thats always pissed me off, batterys in the boo and the full tuck going on but i cant find anywhere decent for the fusebox
Notice: If you notice this notice you will notice that this notice is not worth noticing.
Paulm
DelSolUK Site Admin
DelSolUK Site Admin

18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership

1992 Honda Delsol
Drives: 1992 greenish SIR B20

Postby hardcj20 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:02 pm

SiR_chris wrote:Looks good dude, where did you re-route the vacuum lines?
And are you going to run remote battery terminals or do you have a manual boot?

8) How hard was it putting the fusebox inside? Just unplug, pull through and relocate?

The big hole where the aircon pipes enter the car you can get either a delsol or civic eg (I think) rubber blanking plate. Just ask people who are breaking them (which had no aircon obviously!)

Thanky you.....well i routed the main brake vacuum line through the scuttle panel, it comes out of the inlet manifold, through a hole i drilled and then back out where the cables went for the windscreen wipers....I was even able to put the bracket in the scuttle panel that normall holds it in place!! I'm looking at moving the map sensor into the scuttle panel next too....as well as 'tuck' the injector wiring.

I have a manual boot, but funily enough I was looking on Civiclife last night at some remote battery terminals, and they are a good idea!!

Im not going to lie, It was an absolute bitch to pull through!! because the cable splits to go to the ECU and then thru to the fuse box and engine loom, I had to use the tips of fingers to get a grip of the cable I wanted and then pull it down! Took 2 hours alone to pull those cables back!lol. But if anyone needs a hand with a wire tuck, im more than willing to help if I can!lol....the scariest part is always cutting the engine looms!haha

Paulm wrote:yup you just need to find a uk car to get that grommet thing

where did you put the fuse box? thats one thngs thats always pissed me off, batterys in the boo and the full tuck going on but i cant find anywhere decent for the fusebox

Yeh iv ben on the lookout for the air con one....but its the otherones too that I need to somehow source, like for where the engine and fuse box looms went through...lol...mite have to be a bit creative with some rubber for that! lol

I havent quite finished mounting the fusebox yet, I really need to lengthen the + and - cables and then im going to mount it to the bulkheadas high as i can in the passenger footwell, and then make a removeable footrest, so passengers aren't resting their feet on the fuse box.

I'l try and get some more pictures of how I actually did the full tuck, and not pictures off my phone!lol.
hardcj20
Regular
Regular
Progress to next rank:
49.8%

17 years of membership17 years of membership17 years of membership17 years of membership17 years of membership17 years of membership17 years of membership17 years of membership17 years of membership17 years of membership17 years of membership17 years of membership17 years of membership17 years of membership17 years of membership17 years of membership17 years of membership

Drives: 1992 Blue Sir Transtop

Postby JayDMeh2 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:16 pm

Not seen any high comp pistons in your list? With the S2 pro 2 at stock compression your gonna be surprised by how much no power it's making.
JayDMeh2

Postby Paulm » Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:23 pm

cj, if i manage to buy the civic back i'll be stripping it anyway so i'll have an aircon blanking thing for you

blanking covers for the two looms will be a custom jobby im afraid, try and use the existing ones with some black tigerseal to seal the small hole thats left
Notice: If you notice this notice you will notice that this notice is not worth noticing.
Paulm
DelSolUK Site Admin
DelSolUK Site Admin

18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership

1992 Honda Delsol

Postby hardcj20 » Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:47 am

Paulm wrote:cj, if i manage to buy the civic back i'll be stripping it anyway so i'll have an aircon blanking thing for you

blanking covers for the two looms will be a custom jobby im afraid, try and use the existing ones with some black tigerseal to seal the small hole thats left

Ohh magic, yeah let me know and i'l deffo buy that off you. Thats what I was thinking of doing with the others to replace the gaffa thats there atm!lol.

JayDMeh2 wrote:Not seen any high comp pistons in your list? With the S2 pro 2 at stock compression your gonna be surprised by how much no power it's making.

Yeah I know, It's not something iv missed at all but im thinking of changing the bottom end anyways and i'l do all the compression ratio stuff when iv decided.
hardcj20
Regular
Regular
Progress to next rank:
49.8%

17 years of membership17 years of membership17 years of membership17 years of membership17 years of membership17 years of membership17 years of membership17 years of membership17 years of membership17 years of membership17 years of membership17 years of membership17 years of membership17 years of membership17 years of membership17 years of membership17 years of membership

Postby Paulm » Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:45 am

as it happens i found it last night as i never put it back in the civic :lol: it s got a slit in for an amp cable but its not a hole, just a straight cut with a stanley blade

pm your address and i'll get it sent out on the weekend
Paulm
DelSolUK Site Admin
DelSolUK Site Admin

1992 Honda Delsol

Re: New Project - May now come to an end! :(

Postby hardcj20 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:08 pm

Well after the couple of years of having and modifying her.....on the way up to ISTS on friday I crashed into the back of my friends car......My fault, thought the convoy was slowing down for a corner, when infact they stopped!lol...

There's a picture above. Such a shame as there was no rust ANYWHERE on there car apart from the bodged smooth numberplate filler! Rear arches were perfect! :'( Luckily we had a car trailer with a track car on it, so trailered it to the campsite and stayed the weekend.

Havent opened the bonnet yet but will be doing that tonight to really get a look at the damage. Insurance company knows, now just waiting for them to arrange to assess it. Im guessing its going to be a write off so hopefully can buy it back off the insurance company...

Not sure if im going to have another del sol......i'v had 3 already....and i could just get hold of another shell and transfer everything across! But im thinking about having a change and going either DC2 or something else!....if I do then there will be some parts available.
hardcj20
Regular
Regular
Progress to next rank:
49.8%

Postby Glovermx » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:21 pm

Such a sorry sight!! Sorry bout the bad news fella! Deffanatly try and save it though, to many sols hittin the heap lately :?
My Ongoing Vti Project Here
Glovermx
DelSolUK Site Admin
DelSolUK Site Admin

15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership

1992 Honda Delsol
Drives: 2004 Nissan 350Z Gun Metal Silver

Postby tooley » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:20 pm

Nightmere mate hope you can save it. If not I'm sure people will take some parts off your hands.
tooley
DelSol UK Addict!
DelSol UK Addict!
Progress to next rank:
17.5%

15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership

Drives: White S2000 GT100

Postby wdb » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:21 pm

ah mate thats harsh!! good your ok tho, just shame thats possibly another sol down :cry:
"car of wonder, speed of light, my sol will set the road alight, vtec reeling, what a feeling, loving the madness of hondas might"! :lol:

Honda Repair Centre...check us out:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Honda-Rep ... 6696614196
wdb
DelSolUK Moderator
DelSolUK Moderator

1992 Honda Delsol
Drives: 92 black (currently) SiR

Postby hardcj20 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:37 pm

wdb wrote:ah mate thats harsh!! good your ok tho, just shame thats possibly another sol down :cry:

I know! What's even more of a shame is the shell was completely rust free! Well it's down to the insurance company now and see what they want to do and offer me?
hardcj20
Regular
Regular
Progress to next rank:
49.8%

Postby Kam » Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:46 pm

Gutted for you mate :( Car was coming along nicely aswell! 8)

Glad your ok though
SiR_chris wrote:bet you wish you aint started all this now :lol:
Kam
Regular
Regular
Progress to next rank:
63.5%

14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership

Postby delsolstar » Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:02 pm

dude that sucks looked really good from what i read too.

so long as you and whoever you hit were ok.
delsolstar
Regular
Regular
Progress to next rank:
19%

After a 4 year break......I'm back with a new Project!!

Postby hardcj20 » Tue May 27, 2014 7:13 pm

After just over a 4 year gap.....it seems I'm back!!!!

With a new project (absolute bargain!!!) below:

image.jpg
The new project

She's an SIR B16a with 110,000 miles on the clock. For her age she's in bloody good nick, paintwork need a few touch ups here and there. But so,done has been playing with the transtop and it doesn't work so I need to fix that!

But it's a start to my new project, but I'll update my plans a bit later!

Just thought I'd quickly say hi again and show my face again!
hardcj20
Regular
Regular
Progress to next rank:
49.8%

PreviousNext

Return to Ongoing Projects