Flare Holder or Whats the bracket in the passenger footwell

FAQ for all newbies. Please read first before posting questions that may already have been covered before.

Moderators: kenco, SiR_chris, Glovermx, lxstuart, sol'd out, delsolchippy, Del sol 1997, Paulm, solman

Flare Holder or Whats the bracket in the passenger footwell

Postby TRLS » Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:20 pm

Flare Holder or Whats the bracket in the passenger footwell on Japanese Imports

The bracket found in the passenger side footwell on all Japanese imports is there to hold a warning flare. These are used in Japan instead of warning triangles when your car breaks down. they shoudl be removed upon import as they're classed as firearms under UK law.

you may be able to buy one or a mock one through E-bay but the police might give you a ticking off for owning one. Most owners like myself have either put a torch there or put a fire extingusher instead.

The bracket needs removed when you need to access you ECU.

One of the fourm members fungus has actually set his flare off in the safety of his back garden.

fungus wrote:
I had a flare and set it off a few weeks ago in my back garden...pretty cool! no way would one of these just ignite itself in your car.

I had planned just to light it then put the holder back in the car but it melted the lid!

You gotta unscrew the top and on the lid there should be like a matchbox strike type thing and a raised nipple(!) on the top of the flare, strike the 2. i put mine out half way and then had to soak the thing in lighter fluid to get it alight without the strike bit on the top.

I'll try to see if i can get a picture of one for you all to see.

cheers, Murphy.
HR21
simonsol wrote: when discussing diving sissy boy
no he doesnt cheat on the pitch...
TRLS
DelSolUK Site Admin
DelSolUK Site Admin

18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership

Drives: Mid Life Crisis Passed, just having Fun Again !!

Return to DelSol FAQ