various ECU's in a JDM SiR

Post here if you have any problems with any aspect of your Delsol.

Moderators: kenco, SiR_chris, Glovermx, lxstuart, sol'd out, delsolchippy, Del sol 1997, Paulm, solman

various ECU's in a JDM SiR

Postby Camile » Sat Aug 13, 2005 12:20 pm

after my sol went onto safe mode, i have tried several ECU's, here are my results incase anyone ever needs to know.

thanks to all who were able to help out with trying different ECU's and also doing some soldering work on some.

my sol is a manual geared JDM SiR with TCS (traction control), so all ECU's 'tested' were fitted into this car.

JDM SiR ECU without TCS (manual gear):

the car runs perfectly, but the revs and TCS don't work. it's thought this is beacuse the TCS operates through the revs, so because the ECU doesn't support the TCS, the revs are left out of the equation.

JDM SiR ECU with TCS (auto gear):

the car runs 'ok', but the VTEC engagement point and rev limit are different (due to the auto chip). however, because this ECU does support TCS, the TCS operates perfectly, as does the revs.

this ECU throws up a code 19, which is the "automatic transmission control valve". this causes no problems at all, but will have the CEL light on.

it is possible to convert this ECU to run a manual gear SiR by changing the main chip, and by removing a few circuit board 'parts'. doing this will sort out the VTEC point, the rev limit and also the CEL light.

UK VTi ECU without TCS (manual gear):
this 'appears' to run the car fine. there are no CEL's and the car does drive fine. the revs and TCS don't work (same reason as the non-TCS SiR ECU). this ECU does not have a knock board, so the JDM knock sensor will not work, but as far as i am aware there are no CEL's, so no actual problems.

UK ESi ECU without TCS (manual gear):

used this ECU very, very briefly. it WILL not run the car. it starts ok and will idle fine, but it will not drive. as simple as that.

the main problem with my sol just now, is because i have TCS and it's proving difficult to sort everything out quickly/simply and still have the TCS/revs operational, but these results show that a UK VTi should technically run a non-TCS SiR with no problems what-so-ever.

this is just a quick write down of my findings so i will update/edit this when i can.

cheers
Space. It seems to go on forever, but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you.
Camile
Ex moderator
Ex moderator

19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership

Location: Dunfermline Drives: Black JDM SiR White Mugen Wheels, Cusco Coilovers and OEM Lip Kit.

ecu

Postby james07979 » Tue May 02, 2006 3:36 pm

You seem to know a bit about ecu,wonder if you can help me,vti ecu is giving code 7 witch is throttle sensor,ive done circuit checks by the book and as far as i can tell theres no power from ecu for the sensor at all,can you direct me in right direction im convinced i need another ecu,mine has these numbers on it 37820-p30-g01 and 775-300128 oh21 AXP.Any help would be most welcome,thanks. :(
james07979
Regular
Regular
Progress to next rank:
72.8%

18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership

Postby Camile » Tue May 02, 2006 7:27 pm

you've got PM.
Space. It seems to go on forever, but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you.
Camile
Ex moderator
Ex moderator

19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership

Location: Dunfermline Drives: Black JDM SiR White Mugen Wheels, Cusco Coilovers and OEM Lip Kit.

Return to Maintenance / Problems / Servicing