Cat Indicator Warning

Post here if you have any problems with any aspect of your Delsol.

Moderators: kenco, SiR_chris, Glovermx, lxstuart, sol'd out, delsolchippy, Del sol 1997, Paulm, solman

Cat Indicator Warning

Postby Wingnut » Wed May 31, 2017 3:46 pm

Hi Guys new to the forum, just had the DelSol MOT'd after 11 years in storage!! and the C02 levels were borderline but they passed it :) my question is the Cat warning indicator is on no fault showing anywhere else! can anyone point me in the right direction?
Thanks,
John.
Wingnut
Progress to next rank:
1%

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Re: Cat Indicator Warning

Postby lxstuart » Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:00 am

The cat warning light is merely a temperature sensor (I presume it comes on for high temperatures).
The light will come on if the sensor is unplugged, so the first thing to check is that it's plugged in properly.

If the car has been stored for 11 years, it wouldn't surprise me if it needs a damn good run :lol:

Also, with regard to the emissions, was the fuel in the car 11 years old?

SmithYo wrote:bollocks to wd40.... bita spit normally works a charm ;)

crazyasswhiteboi wrote:was worth the effort, just needed a little wriggling when putting in...

Image Not always SFW
lxstuart
DelSolUK Moderator
DelSolUK Moderator

15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership

Drives: '96 Milano Red SiR, '95 Legend Coupe

Postby Wingnut » Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:53 pm

Hi Stuart thanks for coming back the indicator is on permanently! I did a transplant in 1998 to a D16Z6 from the original 1500 unit the main reason was I found a Civic that had been written off at 1500 miles so the running gear complete with rear disks, ECU etc was fitted. However it's "so long ago" but I think the indicator has been on since? I have been trying to find a pinout of the P28-A52 to see where the input is?
Regards to fuel it is a mixture more new than old lol!!
Regards,
John
Wingnut
Progress to next rank:
1%

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Postby lxstuart » Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:44 pm

Well the UK cars never came with the Cat sensor, as far as I am aware, so that could be the problem.

There is only 1 wire going to the sensor, and I believe earthing it to the chassis is enough to get the light to go out.

SmithYo wrote:bollocks to wd40.... bita spit normally works a charm ;)

crazyasswhiteboi wrote:was worth the effort, just needed a little wriggling when putting in...

Image Not always SFW
lxstuart
DelSolUK Moderator
DelSolUK Moderator

15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership

Drives: '96 Milano Red SiR, '95 Legend Coupe

Return to Maintenance / Problems / Servicing