Lowered suspension gone wrong

Post here if you have any problems with any aspect of your Delsol.

Moderators: kenco, SiR_chris, Glovermx, lxstuart, sol'd out, delsolchippy, Del sol 1997, Paulm, solman

Lowered suspension gone wrong

Postby shuja » Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:46 pm

So I bought a set of 40mm lowering springs from eBay. Brand new never been used. I've only changed one of the rear ones and left it for about 6 months. When I was changing the spring I compared it to the original one and it was definitely shorter. After fitting it on the del sol it definitely looks like it's sitting way higher. My mate said it takes time to bed in but it's been sitting for 6 months! What has gone wrong? Can anyone help?
shuja
Progress to next rank:
0%

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership

Re: Lowered suspension gone wrong

Postby delsolchippy » Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:55 pm

Bedding in time will need driving mate, they need to be put to work, the rear more so as not much weight on the del sol. Put the other 3 on and use it and it will drop.
delsolchippy
Regular
Regular
Progress to next rank:
0.5%

8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership

1994 Honda Delsol

Re: Lowered suspension gone wrong

Postby skitz » Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:13 am

you could have put a front spring on the rear, that will make it look like a dragster with the rear way up in the air and front on the ground
03 Nighthawk Black CTR track car.
skitz
Ye' Almighty!
Ye' Almighty!

19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership

Return to Maintenance / Problems / Servicing