TransTop ... missing parts, no power to motor ?

Post here if you have any problems with any aspect of your Delsol.

Moderators: kenco, SiR_chris, Glovermx, lxstuart, sol'd out, delsolchippy, Del sol 1997, Paulm, solman

TransTop ... missing parts, no power to motor ?

Postby JOCKs » Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:40 am

Heys guys,

Well one of my mates recently bought a Del Sol (97), I'm not too sure on the specifics but its definitely a import into Australia (blue vin plate) D15 (sohc vtec), basically it was abused. At some point in its life the TransTop must have stopped working, Someone tried to cut a hole through the metal plate behind the seats (both, not just the black one), cut the worm drive cables and lost the slide mechanism along the way.

He still has the boot lift and metal bracket for the boot but everything else is not working or not working ? I check the switch on the dash and yellow is constant and the other two will supply voltage if you press up or down. The motor behind the drivers side seat (RHD) is the one with the worm drive cable cut. From what im reading this is also where you would open or close the boot manually ? Pull the loop and wind top cable for boot, bottom for tilt mechanism ?

Since JDM Del Sols are rare as hens teeth in australia, he's hoping to piece mill parts over time. But is it still possible to have jjust the boot mechanism open a close ? I've tested the motor on the boot mechanism and it was running fine. No power was being sent from Roof Control Module to the motor or at the back of the RCM (grey connector). I'm guessing the RCM would send power to certain motors in sequence ?

How would i go about getting the boot to just raise and close ? Im guessing the 2 fat wire are 12v/gnd and the other two are switch wires ?
JOCKs
Progress to next rank:
0%

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership

Return to Maintenance / Problems / Servicing