windscreen cleaning

Post here if you have any problems with any aspect of your Delsol.

Moderators: kenco, SiR_chris, Glovermx, lxstuart, sol'd out, delsolchippy, Del sol 1997, Paulm, solman

windscreen cleaning

Postby Bigbungster » Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:26 pm

Hi everyone,

Just a quick one, i will be booking my MOT very soon hopefully this weekend, i'm in the middle now of uploading all my pictures to my photobucket to create a thread for on here.

window wipers now they work and very well (new blades) i just put the Honda Jizz sorry Jazz washer jets on and cor blimey don't they mist up lovely. Tested them but the wipers don't sweep to wipe it away.

done a bit of googleing and all that comes up are yank sites downloaded a user manual for the car that's american but in it, it says that the auto sweep when washing the windscreen is a Canadian only feature.

before i go ripping the stalk apart wiring and control unit does anyone else's sol do this? i cant find much on it will that fail the MOT?

cheers
Martin
Bigbungster
Progress to next rank:
6.1%

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership

Drives: 96 red Delsol

Re: windscreen cleaning

Postby solman » Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:08 am

The Sol doesn't auto wipe when you use the jets if that's what you mean.
Did you know DSUK are on:

Image Image Image Image

solman
DelSolUK Site Admin
DelSolUK Site Admin

18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership

Drives: Crystal Black FK8

Postby Bigbungster » Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:23 pm

cheers for clearing that up solman.
Bigbungster
Progress to next rank:
6.1%

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership

Drives: 96 red Delsol

Postby solman » Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:41 am

I prefer it this way, if you run out of fluid scrubbing a dry screen only scratches it and ruins the blades plus you can put plenty of wash on the screen before you activate the wipers.
Did you know DSUK are on:

Image Image Image Image

solman
DelSolUK Site Admin
DelSolUK Site Admin

18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership

Drives: Crystal Black FK8

Postby lxstuart » Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:12 am

I thought it was just mine that did that :lol:

I was sure mine swept when I first got it, but I guess it probably didn't.

SmithYo wrote:bollocks to wd40.... bita spit normally works a charm ;)

crazyasswhiteboi wrote:was worth the effort, just needed a little wriggling when putting in...

Image Not always SFW
lxstuart
DelSolUK Moderator
DelSolUK Moderator

15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership

Drives: '96 Milano Red SiR, '95 Legend Coupe

Return to Maintenance / Problems / Servicing