Drive shaft inside boot OEM Part number?!

Post here if you have any problems with any aspect of your Delsol.

Moderators: kenco, SiR_chris, Glovermx, lxstuart, sol'd out, delsolchippy, Del sol 1997, Paulm, solman

Drive shaft inside boot OEM Part number?!

Postby Car3stash » Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:34 pm

Hi guys,

Does anyone know what the OEM part number is for the rubber boot on the inside of the drive shaft?
I only saw it in set (whatever that includes?!) and it costs like 50 pounds?! they crazy or something... I really find it hard to justify paying that much for a piece of rubber...I have only bought original parts, this might be the first time I have to get an aftermarket one.
Car3stash
Progress to next rank:
31.3%

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Re: Drive shaft inside boot OEM Part number?!

Postby SiR_chris » Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:37 pm

do you mean the rubber CV boot? You can pick them up well cheap :) Doesn't have to be OEM. I think I used a blueprint part from my local motor factors when I changed them, maybe 15quid for a pair cant remember
SiR_chris
DelSolUK Site Admin
DelSolUK Site Admin

19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership

1992 Honda Delsol
Drives: '92 H2B SiR, '02 CW DC5, '06 Black Sport Jazz

Return to Maintenance / Problems / Servicing