Looking after my steering wheel

Post here if you have any problems with any aspect of your Delsol.

Moderators: kenco, SiR_chris, Glovermx, lxstuart, sol'd out, delsolchippy, Del sol 1997, Paulm, solman

Looking after my steering wheel

Postby gwhoo4t » Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:37 pm

I'm now on my second steering wheel having taken a gouge out of the first one with my wedding ring :(

This one's now shiny and smooth and getting small craters in it, which are bound to only get worse.

Can anyone suggest a tried and tested solution?

My wife's old Golf wheel got dry and powdery and we got one of the lace on leather-look covers, which was okay, but I just wondered if there's a better option.

TIA

Gaz
gwhoo4t
Regular
Regular
Progress to next rank:
54.8%

13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership

Drives: '92 Black VXi TT Auto

Re: Looking after my steering wheel

Postby lxstuart » Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:47 pm

Cheapest way to sort it would be to take off the wedding ring when driving :wink:

Is it one of the plastic/rubber type wheels?

SmithYo wrote:bollocks to wd40.... bita spit normally works a charm ;)

crazyasswhiteboi wrote:was worth the effort, just needed a little wriggling when putting in...

Image Not always SFW
lxstuart
DelSolUK Moderator
DelSolUK Moderator

15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership

Drives: '96 Milano Red SiR, '95 Legend Coupe

Re: Looking after my steering wheel

Postby gwhoo4t » Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:40 pm

Cheapest way by far would've been to have not married in the first place! :roll:

Yeah, it's the standard zorbo type rubbery one. I've still got the previous one hanging up in the garage, which I suppose I could send off for trimming with leather.

Gaz
gwhoo4t
Regular
Regular
Progress to next rank:
54.8%

13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership

Drives: '92 Black VXi TT Auto

Return to Maintenance / Problems / Servicing