Fitting Aerocatches, anybody got pics?

Post here if you have any problems with any aspect of your Delsol.

Moderators: kenco, SiR_chris, Glovermx, lxstuart, sol'd out, delsolchippy, Del sol 1997, Paulm, solman

Fitting Aerocatches, anybody got pics?

Postby HowHard » Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:33 pm

Hey guys,

Anyone fitted aerocatches? I've a carbon bonnet and need to fit catches, and I'm scared :D

Anyone got any pictures of how/where to fit them exactly? More pics the better pretty pretty please!

Howard
HowHard
Regular
Regular
Progress to next rank:
4.3%

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Drives: Green + matte black, d16y8

Re: Fitting Aerocatches, anybody got pics?

Postby anodyne3 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:45 pm

I don't have the bonnet at my new home yet. I installed the pins into the slam panel top with double nuts above and below. Then I marked where the pins touched the bonnet and drilled a guide hole. Then I used a dremel with a cutting disc to cut a shape into the top layer of the bonnet, followed by the dremel with a grinding bit to finish the shape to fit snugly. There's still a margin for error that the aerocatches allow, and you and bend and twist the top of the pins to meet the catches. I drilled holes from below just big enough to fit a socket bit to secure the nuts for the catches from below.

The direction that the catches faces is cosmetic, but be aware that the shape of the hood and the placement of the pins obviously needs to take into consideration that they need a relatively flat surface to be bolted into.

No pics except my words...and your imagination...so infinite pics, though maybe not the right ones, but you get the idea :lol:
anodyne3
Regular
Regular
Progress to next rank:
6%

15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership

Drives: 1992 Patchwork Black del Sol SiR

Postby HowHard » Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:11 am

haha, that's great to hear mate and totally understand thank you :)

When I come to do it I'll take some pics for others to see.
HowHard
Regular
Regular
Progress to next rank:
4.3%

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Drives: Green + matte black, d16y8

Postby Stevelangdon93 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:36 am

I run my carbon bonnet with the factory latch alone, no problems and no scary holes to cut haha
Stevelangdon93
Regular
Regular
Progress to next rank:
3.8%

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Drives: 1992 VTI Captiva blue

Return to Maintenance / Problems / Servicing