hesitation issues (again) on my H2B swap HELP......

Post here if you have any problems with any aspect of your Delsol.

Moderators: kenco, SiR_chris, Glovermx, lxstuart, sol'd out, delsolchippy, Del sol 1997, Paulm, solman

hesitation issues (again) on my H2B swap HELP......

Postby hoppi05 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:43 pm

Hesitation (still) under loud on my H2B conversion???HELP….

Ok so as a lot of folk may know this has been going on for a few weeks as I only get Saturday to work on the car and I still have not resolved the issue(s)….

So the issue, the car feels like it has a parachute attached to the rear when accelerating be it hard acceleration or soft, the revs pick up slowly the engine noise increase but the car goes nowhere its like it is in mud???

The swap was JDM B16 to JDM H22 using B16 engine harness so nothing should have changed i.e. broken cables etc as the Sol run fine before the swap…

When the auto tech came out he read the ignition timing and it was showing out of the 15 degrees +-2 thresholds, the only time we could get it correct was sat on tick over and it went under 15? this was with the timing advanced as far as the dizzy would move?

THEN

When we drove the car with the computer attached the timing was retarding back to 0 or even a minus????
So checks performed so far:

Faults found –
o We had 2 of the injector plugs crossed 1 & 2, this is now corrected and stopped the misfires
o Spark plugs were sooty but it has been running like monkey pile so that was kind of expected, they have been cleaned up

Items checked –
Checked the timing belt today and it is timed correctly TDC etc so that rules that part out
• Checked the TPS that reads 0.48 closed and 4.48 what so nothing wrong there.
• Checked the MAP by swapping with others and no difference + the MAP on was from my Sol when it was running the B16 without issue.
• Checked the injectors and they are all ticking as they should, we do have a resister box in place so I need to double check the wiring on that.
• Changed the Dizzy
• Changed the ECU
• No CEL’s are been presented to the ECU
• It’s a new fuel filter
• Removed the Tomei adjustable fuel pressure regulator and replaced with standard and no change
• Checked vacuum hoses
• IAVC swapped no difference
• FITV checked but bypassed anyway
• EGR deleted
• Coolant bleed too many times to remember
• New thermostat
• B16 KNOCK Sensor installed as we smashed the original whilst preparing the engine
• Earths checked swapped added etc
• Fuel pump worked fine on the B16 and has not been touched
• New gaskets etc on everything when built
• New O2

Checks to do (can anyone add to these)???
• Check Knock sensor – need to know how, can the car run with this disconnected?
• Remove injectors and get those checked or if I can check them? Does anyone know how?
• Check resister box wiring and check it is functioning – is there a good how to for checking if it’s working?
• Reset the idle as it’s out with this new ECU.
The Dizzy is not timed up correctly due to been a new one and this looks to be a pain to do as there are no timing marks on a H2B conversion does anyone know how to do the ignition timing? Can it be done live whilst plugged into the computer like the auto tech was looking at?

Guys we now need help what the fook else can be checked to try and resolve this??? Any helps tips how to guides etc?????
hoppi05
DelSol UK Addict!
DelSol UK Addict!
Progress to next rank:
3.7%

18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership

Re: hesitation issues (again) on my H2B swap HELP......

Postby hoppi05 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:12 pm

i think the vac lines are messed up could anyone help clarify how to connect based on the below please:

there are some items missing that's because they did not come with the engine if they are missing and required can you let me know which ones please.
hoppi05
DelSol UK Addict!
DelSol UK Addict!
Progress to next rank:
3.7%

18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership

Postby hoppi05 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:14 pm

the above is based on me reading the manual again and finding a school boy error on the vac lines the first image is how we had it with fuel presure reg hose mixed up and the second image is with that corrected however it now leaves a few connections open for discussion, hence the image above:
hoppi05
DelSol UK Addict!
DelSol UK Addict!
Progress to next rank:
3.7%

Postby hoppi05 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:48 pm

from what i can see my b16 evap does not have the hose 3 connection its only got the two connections one to the throttle body and the other which goes off back under the car i assume to the tank, so 3 leads to purge control valve and that goes into 20 to the connector on the top of the throttle body one of the two facing the wind screen. based on me not having that should i block it off? or do i need that part?

i am also missing CVC which is line 24 coming from the righthand side two connectors next to the cruise control line again should i block this or do i need that part?

and again i am missing the intake control solenoid line 8 as above do i need this part or can i block it off?
hoppi05
DelSol UK Addict!
DelSol UK Addict!
Progress to next rank:
3.7%

Postby hoppi05 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:45 pm

alright guys been away on holiday just got back today and got the intake manifold off checked all injectors tested them and the spray patterns and cleaned them at the same time, all OK

THEN

disconnect the knock sensor connector and the sensor was just loose not even tight :oops: :shock: :o :roll: SO THIS IS A MAJOR FK UP ON OUR PART :cry:

Hopefully this was the problem now i need new intake gasket before i put it back together and test it...
hoppi05
DelSol UK Addict!
DelSol UK Addict!
Progress to next rank:
3.7%

Postby skitz » Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:08 pm

what ecu and injectors are you using ?
Assuming you have kept the h22 injectors and ecu and the h22 engine was obd1 as you said the loom connected with no changing of plugs
03 Nighthawk Black CTR track car.
skitz
Ye' Almighty!
Ye' Almighty!

19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership

Postby hoppi05 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:32 pm

Aup

Yes we kept the h22a injectors add the resister box to correct the plus etc all you need to do is cut the little tab out of the delsol standard connector and they fit fine
hoppi05
DelSol UK Addict!
DelSol UK Addict!
Progress to next rank:
3.7%

Return to Maintenance / Problems / Servicing