transtop ECU

Post here if you have any problems with any aspect of your Delsol.

Moderators: kenco, SiR_chris, Glovermx, lxstuart, sol'd out, delsolchippy, Del sol 1997, Paulm, solman

transtop ECU

Postby sireda » Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:41 am

Does any one have a fault code list for the trans top ecu. I have just replaced the nylon gears with an alloy set, pressed the button with great antisipation but no... still won't work!
sireda

Re: transtop ECU

Postby Curtis » Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:41 am

first mistake was putting alloy gears in ;) they are nylon for a reason, they act as a fuse incase something goes wrong to save the motors etc.

either way have you tried resetting the ecu? Just pull the battery off for 10 mins and try again
ImageImage
Jut wrote:Aaron says alot of things, he's often wrong.
Curtis
DSUK Alumni
DSUK Alumni

19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership

Drives: EG6 SiR2

Postby Paulm » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:55 am

plus you need to line them all up
Notice: If you notice this notice you will notice that this notice is not worth noticing.
Paulm
DelSolUK Site Admin
DelSolUK Site Admin

18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership

1992 Honda Delsol
Drives: 1992 greenish SIR B20

Postby sireda » Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:47 pm

Thanks but when fitting the alloy gears I used two m3 nylon screws as the drive dogs between the worm drive gear and the first idler gear. These screws provide the drive to the gear train and shear off if the roof jams up. The gears are correctly sequenced as per the Honda fitting instructions each jack has a three tooth offset on the spline gear and 0.25mm clearance under the top screw. If the roof does shear the screws it takes about 10 mins to remove and insert new screws as all gears and jacks remain sequenced. I made and fitted the gears as they are very hard to get here. My problem is no one can tell me what the fault codes are, Honda in NZ wont supply info on an imported car. The battery has been off for two days no change there either. If I do get hold of the fault code list I will post it here for ref. Thanks Nick
sireda

Postby sireda » Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:24 pm

Hi For any one thats intrested the fault codes are

0= switch fail either trunk, roof or power window
1= lifter switch, roof lift motor, mechanical system of the motor unit
2= slide switch, slide motor or mechanism
3= tilter switch. roof lift motor or gear fail
4= ctr lock switch or pilot beam switch
5= trunk lock switch. trunk lock mechanism
6= trunk key switch or power window switch
7= roof lock swith (not operated)
8= handbrake switch not operated
9= rear window switch not operated
0= altanator (says not operated by user but dont know what that means)

The three gears are a 42 tooth 1.0mm modular pitch gear 5mm thick. they are cut from 5052 grade aluminium rod and drill and reamed to 8mm id. The first idler gear is mounted to the nylon worm gear (or an alloy replacement ) with two M3 nylon screws (use a short piece of rod through the bores to ensure correct alignment) from experience I found that two M3 screws shear off more eisily than the original gear breaks however you would need to calculate the shear force required to ensure the correct number of screws. Two works for me. The advantage for me is simply that it takes 3 weeks to get a replacement set from Japan or ten mins+ to remove and replace the broken screws.

Next project is a hydraulic top remove assembly to replace the existing mechanical unit I have assemebled most of the parts I just need to find a lift frame to set up the prototype.
sireda

Postby sireda » Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:36 am

Thanks to a local wrecker I now have a complete lift frame to convert into a hydraulic prototype. Does any ony know if the roof lift switch is a straight on/off type switch or if its a pulse type encoder that counts a number of turns on the jacks?
When its complete I will post some more info
sireda

Postby RusDelsol99 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:48 pm

good afternoon! comrades;) there is a problem with the opening of the roof! when push-button opening the roof. flashing roof light + boot, simultaneously! I hear a prolonged beep. before this happened, we folded roof closing the contacts on the connector. because my b16 jammed, and it was not possible to launch del sol for that would lay down the roof. please tell me which dealt for that to roof work? Sorry for my english)
RusDelsol99
Progress to next rank:
0%

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership

Postby andyc » Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:39 pm

Hello all i have a honda crx .Today i had a flat battery.Put a new battery on.Now when i satart the car there is a continous beeping ,But roof down windows and boot shut.I Scaned ecu Got 5 flashes
which means boot lock mechanism.If i use key in boot then beep beep is back .Have taken back up fuse out then it resets as long as i dont try to open boot there is no beep beep.But control switch on dashboard will not open boot or lift roof only beeps and light on dashboards lights uo any help would be appreciated thankyou andy c
andyc
Progress to next rank:
4%

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership

1994 Honda CR-X

Postby solman » Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:52 pm

Have you pulled the emergency release cable behind the seat recently by accident? Its possible the boot lock is broken somehow, when this happens it goes into a fail safe position but doesn't actually lock or unlock the boot so you can still use it. Your gonna have to get your hands dirty, I've seen the microswitches drop off these before as well.
Did you know DSUK are on:

Image Image Image Image

solman
DelSolUK Site Admin
DelSolUK Site Admin

18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership18 years of membership

Drives: Crystal Black FK8

Postby andyc » Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:03 pm

Hi solman .Thankyou for quick reply.going to have alook now.Did not even relize there was a emergency boot release.
andyc
Progress to next rank:
4%

1994 Honda CR-X

Postby solman » Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:18 pm

The pull is a cable directly to the locking mech, sometimes that cable can seize or be stiff which stops the mech returning to the correct position. This could be a case of just grabbing a mate one on each end and freeing up the pull cable back and forth, this happened to Chris Ds. If you have no resistance or spring back on that emergency pull cable in the box behind the seat and ita a bit floppy I'd try that.
Did you know DSUK are on:

Image Image Image Image

solman
DelSolUK Site Admin
DelSolUK Site Admin

Drives: Crystal Black FK8

Postby andyc » Tue Dec 24, 2019 1:07 pm

Thankyou soulman.update on my crx boot roof problem.Have noticed there seems to be quiet of bit water in boot.have dried it out sprayed all connections in water repellent spray
.looked at boot it goes up and down ok,it clicks when you lock boot.then alarm sounds when you start car.But when i try to open rear window it will not open.Have taken back up fuse out for 10 mins.put fuse in window now works
and no beeping untill i open and shut boot.Icant see anything loose or broken on boot mechanium have sprayed wd40 on moving parts.but still geeting 5 flashes so i think fault is boot mechanism

Thankyou for your help andy
andyc
Progress to next rank:
4%

1994 Honda CR-X

Return to Maintenance / Problems / Servicing