Japfest -JAE etc

Any CRX/Delsol event or any other general meet.

Moderators: kenco, SiR_chris, Glovermx, lxstuart, sol'd out, delsolchippy, Del sol 1997, Paulm, solman

Japfest -JAE etc

Postby beecee » Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:29 pm

What's the deal with these events , much the same or totally different , I plan to go to one next year but have no idea which is more suitable for an old git to go to ?
youth , wasted on the young
beecee
DelSol UK Addict!
DelSol UK Addict!
Progress to next rank:
8.3%

19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership

Re: Japfest -JAE etc

Postby SiR_chris » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:05 pm

Hi man, I think most of us would say JAE is by far the better experience but I guess it depends what you are after or what you want out of the show. At the end of the day - in terms of cars to look at, they are all the same. Japfest is a good one day event that is mega busy (not saying that is a good thing as the crowds can get annoying) but you see lots of track action etc. and there are many trade stands etc.

Beauliue is a more chilled out event, more space for the stand and not so well known as the others which make it a nicer laid back experience plus the added benefit of getting into the motor museum for free, plus a generally great looking venue. Some camped last year to make it a bit more of a weekend but doesn't come close to JAE. The main reason I like JAE is spending time and drinking (not excesively mind you we are not lunatics) with good friends met through DSUK and obviously new faces and getting to know everyone that little more. We used to spend all Saturday doing the knock out tournaments but this year I think we'll not enter much and have a more chilled out weekend. There is lots going on and lots to see so you won't get bored after the first day. Playing the Xbox on a projector in the marquee or watching a film etc and then the obligatory fancy dress on Saturday night which is really funny, great noodles (a JAE tradition for lots of us haha), BBQ's etc all add to the great vibe. We often crash the S2k stand party next door which is good fun in a drunken state

I will say that everyone is really friendly, we are not 'clicky' and all and everyone are welcome - at the end of the day the larger group of sols we can get together the better. We need to remind people of these great little sports cars and stand up and say in a spartan like voice "we will not die, we are DELSOL" haha

I'll stop waffling now hope that offers some insight!
SiR_chris
DelSolUK Site Admin
DelSolUK Site Admin

19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership19 years of membership

1992 Honda Delsol
Drives: '92 H2B SiR, '02 CW DC5, '06 Black Sport Jazz

Postby Glovermx » Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:45 pm

Whats this next year you talk of? Theres still time to book for JAE this Year! :D

I can only echo what chris has already said!

From a personal point of view, JAE wins hands down with Japfest not even Coming close! You won't meet a friendlier bunch of people of all different ages then you will with DelsolUk!

JAE is 4 days of chilling, chatting, looking at great cars and just having an all round great time! One of my favourite things i do all year!

Come along, you will be made more then welcome and i promise you will love every minute of it!

JAE 2015 booking can be found Here :wink:
My Ongoing Vti Project Here
Glovermx
DelSolUK Site Admin
DelSolUK Site Admin

15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership

1992 Honda Delsol
Drives: 2004 Nissan 350Z Gun Metal Silver

Postby beecee » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:11 pm

Thanks to both for the replies , it looks like JEA will be the one as we are looking to make a weekend of it as well as the reasons you listed , it will be 2016 as i plan to bring both the Del SOL and the Mk2 , which isnt going to be show ready , or any other ready till then .
youth , wasted on the young
beecee
DelSol UK Addict!
DelSol UK Addict!
Progress to next rank:
8.3%

Postby SiR_chris » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:54 pm

Nice one man :)
SiR_chris
DelSolUK Site Admin
DelSolUK Site Admin

1992 Honda Delsol
Drives: '92 H2B SiR, '02 CW DC5, '06 Black Sport Jazz

Return to Meets + Events