Event Booking FAQs

Any CRX/Delsol event or any other general meet.

Moderators: kenco, SiR_chris, Glovermx, lxstuart, sol'd out, delsolchippy, Del sol 1997, Paulm, solman

Event Booking FAQs

Postby sol'd out » Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:57 pm

At DSUK we get involved in lots of events and meets every year. These could be anything from social activities such as paintballing right up to the very big shows such as JAE. Some of these events will require you to book your place and to pay in advance. Costs will vary according to the activity but there are few things that you can do which are the same for all events which will help give you the best experience possible. These FAQs are designed to answer the most common questions that members have about events that require booking.

How do I know what's going on and when?

Check out the Meets & Events section. Each event will have its own booking thread which will show the name, venue and date in the title. It's usually the first post will that have all the specific details for the event including cost, closing date, list of attendees etc. but if it's not please make sure you read the whole thread before asking questions. It'll be in there somewhere! :)

How do I put my name down for an event?

All you need to do is reply to the thread saying you would like to attend and with any relevant details such as how many tickets etc. This will then be added to the master list maintained by the moderator so you don't need to copy and paste the list.

When do I need to pay?

You need to pay as soon as possible once you have put your name down. Every event will have a deadline for payment. Even if your name is on the list, if you haven't paid by that time then you won't be included in the booking. We will be strict on this.

Why do I need to pay in advance?

Some events require a deposit and most now require full payment up front for stand space, tickets etc. This means that we need the money from you in advance so that we can make the booking.

Why are there deadlines for booking and payment?

Some events such as the big shows fill up very quickly with club bookings. The prime stand spaces and activities such as track time can get booked up weeks or even months ahead. We need to get booking forms in as far ahead as possible to make sure that our stand is centrally placed and that members can participate in what they want to do. We'll always aim to give you as much notice as possible and allow at least one pay day for everyone but sometimes events come up at short notice and we can't do that. Please don't contact the organiser and ask for an extension. We won't do this otherwise the forms would never go in!

What if I put my name down for an event and then decide I can't come?

If you haven't paid then please PM or post to say that you won' be coming. This helps us to maintain an accurate list and also means that we don't have to keep chasing you.

If you have already paid then It's your responsibility to sell on your stand space/tickets/etc. This is usually pretty easy to do provided that it's at least a week before the event. We can do this for you and unfortunately we can't give refunds. Please let the organiser know if you do this as sometimes we need to know specifically whose coming e.g. for spec sheets or if we are having t-shirts printed.

How do I pay?

PayPal Money should be sent to jamie@delsoluk.com unless specified otherwise in the event thread. You will need to add additional money to cover the Paypal charges. This is always 3.9% of the total amount + 20p per transaction. Please include your forum name in the comments box and also which event you are paying for. This helps us to match up bookings correctly
Cheque or cash - If you want to do this then please PM any DSUK admin for the address to send it to.

We want everyone to enjoy attending events with DSUK so please help us to make sure everything runs smoothly. :D
sol'd out
DelSolUK Hero
DelSolUK Hero

16 years of membership16 years of membership16 years of membership16 years of membership16 years of membership16 years of membership16 years of membership16 years of membership16 years of membership16 years of membership16 years of membership16 years of membership16 years of membership16 years of membership16 years of membership16 years of membership

1996 Honda Delsol
Drives: 1996 frost white VGi

Return to Meets + Events